Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Rest, Dominated Love Slave, Longview, Tight Wad Hill, Nice Guys Finish Last, Fashion Victim, She's A Rebel, Christian's Inferno, Loss Of Control, Wild One, Little Boy Named Train.

Probably some controversial choices there. Maybe this would be better off in Unpopular Opinions.

You hate a song on Uno more than Troublemaker? Wow.

• Like 1

I'm surprised (and disappointed :P) that Tom didn't choose The Forgotten.

To be fair, Billie himself said "I sound like an Englishman imitating an American imitating an Englishman." So it all gets sorta jumbled together. :P

Just shows you how wrong Billie is then I guess! :lol:

• Like 1

Funnily enough a similar conversation recently came up in the Accent Game Thread, might be a thread that interests you if you enjoy the subject of accents.

Oh wow!That looks fun!!!

Just realized Jaded is about life and not drugs. The title makes sense now too.

I never actually thought it was about drugs

• Like 2

I never actually thought it was about drugs

I think I got the idea in my head cause there used to be a trivia piece floating around that they were high when they made the video (not sure if it's true, but I believed it at the time). Also Jaded is a slang term for being high but only in regards to pot, which the song certainly isn't about. It's mainly used for being bored or worn out which makes the title make sense.

I think I got the idea in my head cause there used to be a trivia piece floating around that they were high when they made the video (not sure if it's true, but I believed it at the time). Also Jaded is a slang term for being high but only in regards to pot, which the song certainly isn't about. It's mainly used for being bored or worn out which makes the title make sense

I never thought jaded was a slang term for being high but like arent you really calm and shit when your high and isnt the video for jaded like full on fast

arent you really calm and shit when your high

Depends on the drug. Uppers (amphetamines, amino esters like cocaine, MDMA derivatives) no, downers (opiates, muscle relaxants, benzos) yes. Marijuana is touch and go.

That's why I didn't get the title when I thought it was about drugs, though, since the jaded I was thinking of wasn't used for uppers which the video would seem to represent if it were about drugs.

Depends on the drug. Uppers (amphetamines, amino esters like cocaine, MDMA derivatives) no, downers (opiates, muscle relaxants, benzos) yes. Marijuana is touch and go.

That's why I didn't get the title when I thought it was about drugs, though, since the jaded I was thinking of wasn't used for uppers which the video would seem to represent if it were about drugs.

maybe its because billies eyes are really red and shit in the video idk

check out my cover of state of shock

Hey, I know you want people to hear your cover but you can't keep posting it in loads of different threads. There's a thread for it in the Musician's Lounge, you don't need to post it all over the forum as well. Just a heads up :)

Hey, I know you want people to hear your cover but you can't keep posting it in loads of different threads. There's a thread for it in the Musician's Lounge, you don't need to post it all over the forum as well. Just a heads up :)

i posted this before i knew that there is a section of share your work in musicians lounge. Since you told me, i just post my covers in the thread i made named green day covers :))

i posted this before i knew that there is a section of share your work in musicians lounge. Since you told me, i just post my covers in the thread i made named green day covers :))

Oh sorry I didn't notice the time it was posted :lol:, no worries then.

How the fuck did I not know about this :lol:watch?v=KP6sDXmjwWk

There's one or two others as well.

There's one or two others as well.

Yeah, I saw them. This came out probably a month before I started checking GDA, that's probably how I missed it.

Does anyone else feel like Green Day had trouble during the trilogy era like they did with Warning? I mean maybe this has nothing to do with the whole record sales or whatever but to me Billie dosent seem himself during the trilogy era like he seemed unhappy in some ways. Not sure if it was becasue of the whole drug/alchohol thing but it makes me feel kinda bad to see some earlier stuff from the trilogy era and Billie seems annoyed or irritated in some way.

Does anyone else feel like Green Day had trouble during the trilogy era like they did with Warning? I mean maybe this has nothing to do with the whole record sales or whatever but to me Billie dosent seem himself during the trilogy era like he seemed unhappy in some ways. Not sure if it was becasue of the whole drug/alchohol thing but it makes me feel kinda bad to see some earlier stuff from the trilogy era and Billie seems annoyed or irritated in some way.

The live energy was gone. I had so much fun at their concert back in the Breakdown Tour. It was amazing. When I saw them in 2013 it felt like they were just going through the motions. It's sad to say, but I think the drugs/alcohol helped Billie be so energetic and crazy live.

The live energy was gone. I had so much fun at their concert back in the Breakdown Tour. It was amazing. When I saw them in 2013 it felt like they were just going through the motions. It's sad to say, but I think the drugs/alcohol helped Billie be so energetic and crazy live.

I understand what you mean like im not really talking about the live shows but mainly during interviews triology era Billie just seems weird to me

It's sad to say, but I think the drugs/alcohol helped Billie be so energetic and crazy live.

I am not sure you can say that is the reason. Yes I preferred the breakdown tour more but I would have to say he was recovering from some pretty serious stuff - at soundwave I thought he had a quick wit - he was sharp with comments but it did seem a little of going through the motions - that is sad to say.

I am not sure you can say that is the reason. Yes I preferred the breakdown tour more but I would have to say he was recovering from some pretty serious stuff - at soundwave I thought he had a quick wit - he was sharp with comments but it did seem a little of going through the motions - that is sad to say.

Green Day where amazing at Soundwave Billie wasnt making jokes or stuff like he usaully does though it was mainly about the songs and performance but I still loved it.

Green Day where amazing at Soundwave Billie wasnt making jokes or stuff like he usaully does though it was mainly about the songs and performance but I still loved it.

hmm if was joking around a lot in Perth.

I understand what you mean like im not really talking about the live shows but mainly during interviews triology era Billie just seems weird to me

I sort of feel the same way, but I think it's because we got so few interviews and performances. Their whole look/mentality changed a lot from the serious rock opera of the past decade, and I think we needed a bigger sampling so it wouldn't feel out of place.

hmm if was joking around a lot in Perth.

I was at the Adelaide one aha