Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I love the weird noise Billie makes at the beginning of Missing You on Demolicious.

Today was the first time ever I have listened to AI on shuffle.

I've listened to all their albums together on shuffle many times but I don't think I've ever done that! Too weird man :lol:
  • Like 2

Listening to just the vocals (no instruments) for Jaded made me appreciate it a lot more. I can't stop listening to it now.

Saw Dos in HMV today. Rather caught me by surprise. Mind you there were plenty there!

It only really struck me yesterday how incredible the lyrics of Jesus Of Suburbia are. Obviously loads of people love the "home is where the heart is" line, but every single verse speaks to me on some level. For a song with so many lines to be so consistently great lyrically is just mindblowing. There's just so much that seems to get overlooked due to its length. Plus the craftsmanship in putting so many "soundbite" type lines together and making it not seem over the top is admirable.

I remember Billie Joe saying in an interview about Jesus of Suburbia: "I don't even think you can really say you 'like' that song.", referring to it connecting with people and being so much deeper than simply 'liking' a song.

He'd be "the nice one".

He'd say "Yes" to everyone! I know he said that American Idol was one of his guilty pleasures, and they appeared on it once. But I think it's a pile of stinking garbage and anyone who tries out for it is a fake, phoney greedy person who has no idea what it means to be a musician. If you want to be the record companies pawn, a flash-in-the-pan pop star, and get dressed up and told what to sing, go for it.

Ugh, it's one of my least favorite things ever.

I remember Billie Joe saying in an interview about Jesus of Suburbia: "I don't even think you can really say you 'like' that song.", referring to it connecting with people and being so much deeper than simply 'liking' a song.

It's funny in a way because it seems kind of arrogant for him to say that, especially in those terms, but he's also absolutely right.

Yesterday I was listen to "Foreverly" and I think that i don't have words to say how much I love that album and I really really hope that Billie make something similar in the future :happy:

• Like 3

I think Viva La Gloria! consists of some of the best lyrics Billie has written. And I love the "torch-bearer"/fire theme throughout the song

• Like 2

Saw Dos in HMV today. Rather caught me by surprise. Mind you there were plenty there!

Well it's not like anyone would buy them, is it?

Until I bought the Cuatro/Tre box set the other month I'd never seen a physical copy of Tre.

Well it's not like anyone would buy them, is it?

Until I bought the Cuatro/Tre box set the other month I'd never seen a physical copy of Tre.

Sadly enough, I see Uno in my local Target all the time, and it's always covering up AI.

Sadly enough, I see Uno in my local Target all the time, and it's always covering up AI.

I guess that's just a marketing strategy, it's not like anyone needs to buy AI anymore anyway :P

I guess that's just a marketing strategy, it's not like anyone needs to buy AI anymore anyway :P

I just feel sorry for the people who shop for albums at WalMart—not only can they not get AI, the clean Trilogy songs are their only options. :P Except for Superhits and Insomniac, I suppose—they're technically not PA.

• Like 1

I just feel sorry for the people who shop for albums at WalMartnot only can they not get AI, the clean Trilogy songs are their only options. :P Except for Superhits and Insomniac, I supposethey're technically not PA.

AI is at Wal Mart the clean version at least

I didn't even know there was a clean version of American Idiot. That sounds like the worst thing in the world.

• Like 1

There's a clean version? Oh god...

Could be worse...It's not Dos covering it up.

Is it just me, or does ¡Dos! seem to get more hate than the other two trilogy albums?

Is it just me, or does ¡Dos! seem to get more hate than the other two trilogy albums?

there's Nightlife on it

Please consult my handy Dos reference chart!

Bad things about Dos
  • See You Too Shite
  • Fire by Jimi Hendrix Fuck Time
  • Stop When The Red Lights Flash or You'll Be Given A Ticket, a Fine, or May Even Be Prosecuted
  • Lazy Riff Writing
  • Not Very Wild And Actually Very Boring One
  • Makeout Party (That title is so bad I couldn't even come up with a joke for it. Seriously.)
  • I'm Ready For Love A Town Called Malice Mother Mary Stray Heart
  • Ashley/That One Song About Sodomizing A Basketball Legend
  • Baby Eyes Won't Stop Crying Because This Song Fucking Sucks
  • Nightlife (I don't think there's any Nightlife jokes left)
  • Wow! That's Shite!
  • Amy/My Drug Dealer Skipped Town, Do You Know Any Good Ones Oh Wait You're Dead
Good things about Dos
  • Mike is on the cover

because it's worse

Please consult my handy Dos reference chart!

• Wow! That's Shite!

All that you need to know about Dos really.

I think Nightlife has a cool melody, but everything else is cringeworthy.

And I love Wow! That's Loud

• Like 1

Even though Dos is generally considered by fans to be the worst album of the trilogy, I think I might prefer it to Uno. There's definitely some songs on Dos that are questionable, but as an album it's more interesting and less bland than Uno. I can hardly listen to Uno all the way through because after a while I get sick of the clean guitars and the plain-ness of the songs. Then again I hardly ever listen to Dos all the way through either. But at least Dos has some crunchier guitars :) and Lazy Bones is really good!

• Like 1