Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

In both cases the singer talks about being able to play a guitar and then throws in a little solo fill that doesn't interrupt the flow of the song.

And other things no one else has ever done ;)

Springsteen's always doing stuff like that though, so who knows? My favourite one is in Waiting On A Sunny Day when he sings "I'm a drummer girl that can't keep a beat" and Weinberg hits the snare early in the next bar. Very subtle.

• Like 1

I think "Warning" may be my favorite green day album now. It used to be "American Idiot" but now idk.

• Like 1

I think "Warning" may be my favorite green day album now. It used to be "American Idiot" but now idk.

I never really liked Warning. I like some of the songs individually, but the whole album has sort of a dull/depressing vibe to me. I really love Minority, Warning, Waiting, and Macy's Day Parade though.

• Like 1

I never really liked Warning. I like some of the songs individually, but the whole album has sort of a dull/depressing vibe to me. I really love Minority, Warning, Waiting, and Macy's Day Parade though.

I like it for the same reason you don't, then. I love how it's so introspective and reflective. There are a few really good upbeat songs on there, but on the whole it feels pretty chilled out, and the run of Misery, Deadbeat Holiday and Hold On is great if you're in the right kind of mood for it. It sort of comes across as genuinely morose, as opposed to something like WMUWSE or BOBD which seem really histrionic by comparison.

• Like 1

And other things no one else has ever done ;)

Springsteen's always doing stuff like that though, so who knows? My favourite one is in Waiting On A Sunny Day when he sings "I'm a drummer girl that can't keep a beat" and Weinberg hits the snare early in the next bar. Very subtle.

I've always wished that Tre had drummed out of time after the 'hear the drum pounding out of time' line in Holiday.

• Like 4

Warning was my favourite Green Day album for so long because the songs were so different than anything I'd heard before. I loved Misery for that reason. I love Warning, but now it's tied for favourite Green Day album along with Nimrod, Insomniac, Dookie, and AI...

I've always wished that Tre had drummed out of time after the 'hear the drum pounding out of time' line in Holiday.

Me too actually. Similarly, it'd have been cool if the backing vocals on "hear the dogs howling out of key" had been slightly out of tune. I can see why they didn't do that though, especially with it being a single.

I like it for the same reason you don't, then. I love how it's so introspective and reflective. There are a few really good upbeat songs on there, but on the whole it feels pretty chilled out, and the run of Misery, Deadbeat Holiday and Hold On is great if you're in the right kind of mood for it. It sort of comes across as genuinely morose, as opposed to something like WMUWSE or BOBD which seem really histrionic by comparison.

"Morose" and "histrionic." Big words to support a dumb opinion.

Edit: What a perfect 1,000th post. Kind of sums up my GDC experience so far.

Oh wow. Y'know, I can't even be bothered to go with this. Meh.

• Like 2

Me too actually. Similarly, it'd have been cool if the backing vocals on "hear the dogs howling out of key" had been slightly out of tune. I can see why they didn't do that though, especially with it being a single.

Wasn't WOASD a single too?

Edit: What a perfect 1,000th post. Kind of sums up my GDC experience so far.

Since when is a two syllable word considered "big"? :P

Yeah it was, but Springsteen's got the balls to do cool stuff like that.

Since when is "big" an acceptable description for a word?

This is NimrodJimrod we're talking about here.

• Like 2

Ya got me

This is NimrodJimrod we're talking about here.

Just realized that I'm the NimrodJimrod everyone talks about. Didn't even realize all this time.

• Like 1

Ya got me

Just realized that I'm the NimrodJimrod everyone talks about. Didn't even realize all this time.

Who else is it gonna be? :P

I didn't realise until recently

:ninja:

Who else is it gonna be? :P

I didn't realise until recently

:ninja:

I joined GDC 4 days before the VMAs last year and I didn't know what a Ceadog was until like November.

• Like 2

I joined GDC 4 days before the VMAs last year and I didn't know what a Ceadog was until like November.

I still don't really know what one is, or what it does.

• Like 1

It's a smelly hairy Irishman that shits on peoples' dreams.

Oh OK. Thanks for letting me know!!

"People" is already plural. Son, I am disappoint.

• Like 3

"People" is already plural. Son, I am disappoint.

Maybe he's using archaic language and saying he shits on the dreams of multiple people groups. :P

• Like 2

Maybe he's using archaic language and saying he shits on the dreams of multiple people groups. :P

I blame the Classics degree.

Also I shit on the dreams of multiple people, who possess said dreams. So yeah.

tumblr_mn2ksh1TtG1r2x63jo1_500.gif

Is that an actual thing Irish people say or are you just playing on your persona?