Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Both shows are 21+ shows I checked the SXSW and the Rachel Ray site and you need an ID for both events I guess because both venues will be serving alcohol but I mean couldn't they just mark under 21's so they don't get served? It just doesn't feel very inclusive

Stubbs is NOT a 21+ event

You do need id to show that you are who your rsvp says you are

Stubbs is a resturant they dont do age limits...

Both shows are 21+ shows I checked the SXSW and the Rachel Ray site and you need an ID for both events I guess because both venues will be serving alcohol but I mean couldn't they just mark under 21's so they don't get served? It just doesn't feel very inclusive

What WhiteTim said. But in general I also think it's just difficult to find the type of venues that are suitable for Foxboro that are all ages. It's not them deciding the rules on age restrictions, it's the venue. If they want to play a small venue at a certain event or in a certain town then over 21 venues are often going to be what's available, especially at short notice which is usually the case for Foxboro shows. I think that the fact that they did play several all ages shows on their mini US tour, which they probably had to go out of their way to do, shows that they do like to play for all ages when they can. But yeah seems one of these shows isn't age restricted anyway, so :P

I RSVP'd and got an email back saying "The event is open to the public (over 21 years of age)" Would've been great to know that before. :(

I RSVP'd and got an email back saying "The event is open to the public (over 21 years of age)" Would've been great to know that before. :(

Oh wow I just checked the email you are right

Damn I guess the new owners changed that then

The previous owner John was against age restricted shows would not allow them

Just watching the videos from Australia, it seems Billie has gotten his shot together with his voice. It sounds VERY good as compared to it sounding ok last year.

The first time I saw Green Day I wasn't a massive fan like now and they played Scattered and Christie Road acoustic, at the time I didn't know either of these songs and I'm dissapointed.

• Like 2

And also the main character in 1984. Not that that's got anything to do with Green Day :lol:

• Like 2

Are they going to do another album like International Superhits soon? Something with all the singles from American Idiot to Tre would be stellar.

Who was the stupid that took this pic? :mellow:
billie8.jpg
Definitely wasn't a Green Day fan!!! :dry:

Every time I listen to AI on vinyl, I'm shocked all over again at being reminded just how goddamn strong Holiday/BOBD are.

• Like 2

billie8.jpg

I feel bad for the girl in the photo. :(

Looks like it was taken in the 90s, so probably someone who had an old non digital camera that didn't give you an accurate view of where the photo would be cut off. I have loads of old family photos with heads cut off and stuff because of rubbish cameras with inaccurate view finders. Or they just weren't very good at taking photos and accidentally aimed wrong. Either way the quality of their camera skills is no reflection on how big a Green Day fan they are :P

• Like 1

I feel bad for the girl in the photo. :(

Don't worry I have another pic of her with Billie so she has another pic too. :lol:

Looks like it was taken in the 90s, so probably someone who had an old non digital camera that didn't give you an accurate view of where the photo would be cut off. I have loads of old family photos with heads cut off and stuff because of rubbish cameras with inaccurate view finders. Or they just weren't very good at taking photos and accidentally aimed wrong. Either way the quality of their camera skills is no reflection on how big a Green Day fan they are :P

It was in 1998 when Green Day came to Brazil for the first time during the Nimrod tour.
How someone that has the goal of taking the pic of the lead singer and guitarist of a band don't pays attention for his head go out in the picture?? Is not any head is The Head :P

Don't worry I have another pic of her with Billie so she has another pic too. :lol:

It was in 1998 when Green Day came to Brazil for the first time during the Nimrod tour.
How someone that has the goal of taking the pic of the lead singer and guitarist of a band don't pays attention for his head go out in the picture?? Is not any head is The Head :P

Haha I know, but with some cameras it'd be that you'd look through the view finder and it'd look like the head was in the shot, but then when you got the photo developed it was cut off. Don't underestimate the crappiness of some cameras in 1998 :lol:

I just read a news about the Foreverly album of three days ago of a very know site here in Brazil and they wrote Billie's name of three ways.
Billie Joe
Billy Joe
Billy Joel > this is the one that appears in the name of the news.
Why is so dificult write only one name? :lol::lol:
  • Like 2

the melody on Good Riddance is so incredible. Not that that is news to many here. But I was just noticing it while listening to some instrumental covers.

The 2cellos version is incredible.

• Like 1

I don't know how to post pictures on iPod but does anyone know where I could buy a green jacket, like Billies in Cuatro. It looks awesome

Billie Joe has small teeth.

Very crooked messed up teeth.

But I love them anyways.

• Like 1

Very crooked messed up teeth.

But I love them anyways.

Oh dear, we love everything from the guys... :P

Oh dear, we love everything from the guys... :P

It's a problem, but one I don't mind having. :P