Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Brutal Love is amazing is that an unpopular opinion ?

I don't think it's unpopular, but I agree. It's actually my favorite song from the entire Trilogy.

At least Kill the DJ is unique (for GD, anyway) in spite of its bad lyrics; Troublemaker is cookie-cutter *and* has bilge instead of lyrics.

Kill the DJ is new for Green Day, I'll give it that, but that's about it. It's still a pretty fun song, though. I think the lyrics are the main reason I don't like it. I much prefer the version heard in ¡Cuatro!.

• Like 1

Nuclear Family would have been a much better opener than 99 Revs. I think the countdown at the end would have worked pretty well.

• Like 3

Brutal Love's one of the best on the Trilogy, but I dunno. Maybe if the production was more powerful it could replace 21 Guns on Breakdown. As for Missing You, I do love it, but I can't see it fitting in anywhere else without seeming weak.

I could see Missing You fitting in well on Nimrod or Warning. It has that simple trademark 4 chord Green Day feel, not the forced feel of most of the Trilogy.

I could see Missing You fitting in well on Nimrod or Warning. It has that simple trademark 4 chord Green Day feel, not the forced feel of most of the Trilogy.

Well I guess Mike did bother to put some effort into that song, so I guess so.

i hope there wont be tambourine on the demos

I think I said in the main thread, I'm convinced these demos will be better than the originals!

• Like 1

On the subject of the Trilogy, is there anyone else who can't stand Fuck Time? I never understood all the hype about it.

• Like 1

On the subject of the Trilogy, is there anyone else who can't stand Fuck Time?

my heart= broken

:cry:

This song is about dirty sex, hoh !!!

• Like 1

On the subject of the Trilogy, is there anyone else who can't stand Fuck Time? I never understood all the hype about it.

I don't particularly like it but you have to admit, the guitar in the chorus and the solo are killer.

• Like 2

It was an easy A!

I have a feeling that gd will play one more secret show in Melbourne before they fly back to the US. Dunno why just have a feeling :P

Edited by lalaman

If an album was made up of Brutal Love, Missing You, Stay The Night, X-Kid, 8th Avenue Serenade, Rusty James, Lazy Bones, Wow That's Loud! It'd be one of the strongest Green Day albums.

• Like 2

Lazy to edit images? Pfft... Next time you want to be funny, do something like this:

MaYM3mb.jpg

Lazy to edit images? Pfft... Next time you want to be funny, do something like this:

MaYM3mb.jpg

Oh, you just had to 1-up me there, din't ya?

No, I like to do bizarre things. They usually are at my own expense, but this time, that photo popped into my mind (as I have a friend in Australia who sends me creepy animal-related photos for shock purpose) and I had to. Nothing against either of you. :)

ANyone else a little disappointed that both Foxboro Hottubs shows are 21+ I mean this may be the last time that this side project performs and only a small margin of their fans can go and see them. It just seems a little unfair to me that's all.

ANyone else a little disappointed that both Foxboro Hottubs shows are 21+ I mean this may be the last time that this side project performs and only a small margin of their fans can go and see them. It just seems a little unfair to me that's all.

I guess it makes it more exclusive for the people who did go, which is mice for them. There's no reason to believe that the Foxies are gonna finish soon though.

+21 ? What ??

The one with Cee Lo and Blondie at Stubbs isnt a age limits show...

Both shows are 21+ shows I checked the SXSW and the Rachel Ray site and you need an ID for both events I guess because both venues will be serving alcohol but I mean couldn't they just mark under 21's so they don't get served? It just doesn't feel very inclusive