Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Uno is slowly growing on me, actually. I now like Nuclear Family, Stay The Night, Carpe Diem, Let Yourself Go, Kill The DJ, Fell For You, Sweet 16 and Oh Love to varying degrees. I still hate the rest of the songs on it, and don't even get me started on Dos.

Carpe Diem was written off as my future favorite from Uno based on the live YouTube clip, but the album version disappointed me. I have high hopes for the demo version

Carpe Diem was written off as my future favorite from Uno based on the live YouTube clip, but the album version disappointed me. I have high hopes for the demo version

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the demo versions. I'm hoping they'll be superior to the album versions and actually have decent guitar tones.

• Like 1

Carpe Diem is such a boring song. It seemed alright live, but the album version is rubbish.

• Like 2

Carpe Diem is such a boring song. It seemed alright live, but the album version is rubbish.

Agree. Like Let yourself go. The live version kicks ass but in studio, it's just shitty.

• Like 1

Agree. Like Let yourself go. The live version kicks ass but in studio, it's just shitty.

Let Yourself Go gets my vote coz it's fun to play along with, but it's nothing special.

• Like 1

Let Yourself Go gets my vote coz it's fun to play along with, but it's nothing special.

The chorus is fucking boring. Let yourself go x12, that's too much. I enjoy it because I think, at least I have this impression, that it's a song on which you romp during the concert. As for the lyrics, I don't remember exactly because it's been a long time since I last listened to the trilogy..

And I just can't stand the studio version, like BJ's voice sounds like an eunuch who has breathed helium.

• Like 1

Carpe Diem is actually my least favorite from ¡Uno!, just below Nuclear Family.

The chorus is fucking boring. Let yourself go x12, that's too much. I enjoy it because I think, at least I have this impression, that it's a song on which you romp during the concert. As for the lyrics, I don't remember exactly because it's been a long time since I last listened to the trilogy..

And I just can't stand the studio version, like BJ's voice sounds like an eunuch who has breathed helium.

The problem of the boring chorus/outro is easily solvable if play along on guitar, coz you can play octaves instead of chords for some of it, but it's pretty boring to listen to.

Carpe Diem is actually my least favorite from ¡Uno!, just below Nuclear Family.

:shok: You think "Nuclear Family" is worse than "Troublemaker"?

• Like 2

Exactly my thought.

The problem of the boring chorus/outro is easily solvable if play along on guitar, coz you can play octaves instead of chords for some of it, but it's pretty boring to listen to.

heu... I don't understand everything. But I guess you're right :P

sowy

Troublemaker and Let Yourself Go (live version) are pretty much the only tracks from the entire trilogy I listen to tbh...

I actually don't think Troublemaker's too bad. Nuclear Family's just kinda boring to me. I don't dislike it, though. The only song on ¡Uno! I can truly say I dislike is Carpe Diem.

Why does everybody hate Troublemaker?

My ¡Uno! Rankings, for future reference:

Rusty James

Angel Blue

Sweet 16

Fell for You

Stay the Night

Troublemaker

Oh Love

Loss of Control

Let Yourself Go

Kill the DJ

Nuclear Family

Carpe Diem

Please don't kill me.

I've said all along, and maintain, that Nuclear Family and Stay The Night are the only songs on the Trilogy strong enough to stand up to anything on any other Green Day album.

• Like 1

I've said all along, and maintain, that Nuclear Family and Stay The Night are the only songs on the Trilogy strong enough to stand up to anything on any other Green Day album.

What about Lazy Bones?

I actually don't think Troublemaker's too bad. Nuclear Family's just kinda boring to me. I don't dislike it, though. The only song on ¡Uno! I can truly say I dislike is Carpe Diem.

Why does everybody hate Troublemaker?

My ¡Uno! Rankings, for future reference:

Rusty James

Angel Blue

Sweet 16

Fell for You

Stay the Night

Troublemaker

Oh Love

Loss of Control

Let Yourself Go

Kill the DJ

Nuclear Family

Carpe Diem

Please don't kill me.

post-6834-If-I-agreed-with-you-we-would-

:P

In all seriousness, while I agree with the high rankings of "Rusty James" and "Stay the Night", how is "Troublemaker" better than "Oh Love", "Nuclear Family", or even "Kill the DJ"?

• Like 1

X-Kid is really good too, I think. And 99 revolutions.. imo, of course. I don't talk only about the music, but also the lyrics, which are as important as the music.

• Like 1

X Kid though.

Lazy Bones, Brutal Love, and Missing You are all pretty decent too.

What about Lazy Bones?

What about it? :P

X-Kid is really good too, I think. And 99 revolutions.. imo, of course.

Oh, I forgot X-Kid, add that to the list. 99 Revolutions is just a world of no.

• Like 3

X Kid though.

Lazy Bones, Brutal Love, and Missing You are all pretty decent too.

Brutal Love's one of the best on the Trilogy, but I dunno. Maybe if the production was more powerful it could replace 21 Guns on Breakdown. As for Missing You, I do love it, but I can't see it fitting in anywhere else without seeming weak.

EDIT: I also really love Brutal love because of the topic of that song. Talking about sex in that way. i love it. Really.

Brutal Love is as good as most of the stuff on Breakdown, I'd say.

Troublemaker and Let Yourself Go (live version) are pretty much the only tracks from the entire trilogy I listen to tbh...

Let me introduce you to:

Exactly my thought.

heu... I don't understand everything. But I guess you're right :P

sowy

It basically means that during the last chorus of Let Yourself Go, you don't have to play the same chords on guitar for the whole time, because there is another thing you can play. Makes it a bit less boring :)

• Like 1

In all seriousness, while I agree with the high rankings of "Rusty James" and "Stay the Night", how is "Troublemaker" better than "Oh Love", "Nuclear Family", or even "Kill the DJ"?

I find Nuclear Family rather boring, I think I played Oh Love too much, and Kill the DJ is, well, Kill the DJ.

I find Nuclear Family rather boring, I think I played Oh Love too much, and Kill the DJ is, well, Kill the DJ.

At least Kill the DJ is unique (for GD, anyway) in spite of its bad lyrics; Troublemaker is cookie-cutter *and* has bilge instead of lyrics.