Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I think the trilogy (Uno especially) is incredibly underrated... But more-so, when 'Oh Love' was first released I shrugged it off very quickly. Have just gone back to it 12 or so months later, and this time I am listening with a decent pair of headphones, and holy fuck, it's incredible what you can hear with appropriate equipment

• Like 1

I never really loved Westbound Sign until yesterday. I've never disliked it, but I'd never go out of my way just to listen to it, and would usually skip it if it came on shuffle. I was putting the lyrics to the album on iTunes yesterday, and I loved it. It may be one of my favorites from Insomniac now.

I never really loved Westbound Sign until yesterday. I've never disliked it, but I'd never go out of my way just to listen to it, and would usually skip it if it came on shuffle. I was putting the lyrics to the album on iTunes yesterday, and I loved it. It may be one of my favorites from Insomniac now.

The same happened for me too: I loved the lyrics and now I listen to the song more often :happy:

• Like 1

I just watched Jesus Of Suburbia from Bullet In A Bible and I don't see how anyone could seriously think Green Day weren't the best band in the world in 2005.

• Like 4

I just watched Jesus Of Suburbia from Bullet In A Bible and I don't see how anyone could seriously think Green Day weren't the best band in the world in 2005.

Who else are even contenders, really? I understand not liking Green Day (well, no I don't, pre-Trilogy anyway, but I'll say I do for the sake of argument), but how could anyone question their dominance in the AI era? Who else even came close that year?

• Like 1

I seem to remember Coldplay's name being tossed around a lot around that time :lol:

tumblr_lsxvq4Y0ls1r0bdsoo1_500.gif

Thanks, Ceadog, that image'll come in useful. :lol:

In all seriousness, why on earth? How is it even possible to suggest they captured the zeitgeist and the imagination of the public the way AI did? We need a Coldplay fan to come in here and explain.

• Like 3

The best ep is when they go to Thorpe park or the fashion show one omfg

My favourite green day song right now is too much too soon, the lyrics are just so apt.

tumblr_lsxvq4Y0ls1r0bdsoo1_500.gif

In all seriousness, why on earth? How is it even possible to suggest they captured the zeitgeist and the imagination of the public the way AI did? We need a Coldplay fan to come in here and explain.

Because they were quite big in America at the time while Green Day were busy conquering the rest of the world. X&Y is clearly Coldplay's best album but how anyone could consider it good compared to American Idiot is beyond me.

Not a coldplay fan at all but their album at the time has sold the same amount as AI (and even more for that year) also they were the most successful tour of 2005

Green Day however are way more talented than Coldplay ever will be (but then I dont like Coldplay's music so I am biased)

Whenever I listen to Makeout Party and there's that bit in the middle where Billie moans/pants and then coughs, I can't help thinking of how at one of the shows on the 21st CB tour when he asked the crowd to "make fucking noises" during Hitchin A Ride as he liked to do at that time, when he joined in instead of moaning like usual he just started coughing and said "I've got a hair in my mouth" :lol:. I wonder if that bit in Makeout Party was inspired by the same idea.

I always think it's a shame that it doesn't actually say the phrase "Green Day" in that song. It would be awesome and hilarious to hear them perform it live if it did. Bet they would've been more likely to perform it live more often if it did as well.

I always imagined Billie smoking something and coughing it up while holding one hand on his chest.

I just had a massive cull of my iTunes library. RIP 16 Trilogy songs (including 8 from iUno! :lol:)

Bullet in a Bible is probably one of my favourite releases by them.

A gif from the UK Inbetweeners? We just need to get you drinking tea and calling people mate/love and you're nearly there!

• Like 1

I just had a massive cull of my iTunes library. RIP 16 Trilogy songs (including 8 from iUno! :lol:)

A gif from the UK Inbetweeners? We just need to get you drinking tea and calling people mate/love and you're nearly there!

Which four survived the carnage? :lol:

I already use "mate" occasionally. Can't take credit for the GIF, though; nicked it from Ceadog.

When I heard the trilogy at first I was like ''ugh, I don't really like this, it seems very poor to me, musically and... lyrically (yeah meaning the lyrics, sorry :P). And then I saw Cuatro and realized, it represents so much work, hours, days and nights, and they seemed to really enjoy what they were doing, actually...
I think that it makes me enjoy the trilogy a bit more :happy:

• Like 1

Which four survived the carnage? :lol:

I already use "mate" occasionally. Can't take credit for the GIF, though; nicked it from Ceadog.

Nuclear Family, Stay the Night, Let Yourself Go and Kill the DJ.

I always think that 'British' words sound odd in an American accent. So you should probably start learning how to speak in a British accent :P

• Like 1

I always think that 'British' words sound odd in an American accent. So you should probably start learning how to speak in a British accent :P

You kept Let Yourself Go and not Oh Love? Sad face.

• Like 1

You kept Let Yourself Go and not Oh Love? Sad face.

Let Yourself Go isn't great, but it's much better than Oh Love.

You got rid of Rusty James and Angel Blue? :cry:

You got rid of Rusty James and Angel Blue? :cry:

Yep.

I'm so goddamn ruthless aren't I? :P

• Like 1

Uno is slowly growing on me, actually. I now like Nuclear Family, Stay The Night, Carpe Diem, Let Yourself Go, Kill The DJ, Fell For You, Sweet 16 and Oh Love to varying degrees. I still hate the rest of the songs on it, and don't even get me started on Dos.

• Like 1