Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Insomniac is seriously one of the most badass albums I've ever listened to.

Badass indeed.

Bowling For Soup (A Band i dont listen too often but like a few songs) did this thing where they did a Greatest Hits album but rerecorded every song on it and i think its a cool idea and it makes me wish green Day would do something similar. Id love to see some 1039/Kerplunk stuff rerecorded with better vocals and production, though the original's lack fo production makes it charming, tbh.

• Like 2

Bowling For Soup (A Band i dont listen too often but like a few songs) did this thing where they did a Greatest Hits album but rerecorded every song on it and i think its a cool idea and it makes me wish green Day would do something similar. Id love to see some 1039/Kerplunk stuff rerecorded with better vocals and production, though the original's lack fo production makes it charming, tbh.

I'd love to hear 1039 with better production. I do love some of those songs but rarely listen to them because of the production. I don't want them to do a Greatest Hits album of any kind at this point. A live recording would do this for me.

I'd love to hear 1039 with better production. I do love some of those songs but rarely listen to them because of the production. I don't want them to do a Greatest Hits album of any kind at this point. A live recording would do this for me.

I dont mean necessarily a greatest hits :P If they did a greatest hits and rerecorded it all, they'd put stuff like JOS and Holiday and stuff on there and i highly doubt those would sound that different from the originals :P Just idunno like a "Green Day: The Early years" or something and rerecord some 1039/kerplunk and maybe some other stuff

• Like 1

I dont mean necessarily a greatest hits :P If they did a greatest hits and rerecorded it all, they'd put stuff like JOS and Holiday and stuff on there and i highly doubt those would sound that different from the originals :P Just idunno like a "Green Day: The Early years" or something and rerecord some 1039/kerplunk and maybe some other stuff

Well, why not. It would be interesting for sure. Imagine Going to Pasalaqua with 21CB production. :D

Well, why not. It would be interesting for sure. Imagine Going to Pasalaqua with 21CB production. :D

Now that i think about it, "Green Day: the Early Years" sounds like an educational show or something :P

ANYWAYS, yeah i can see them doing something like that for an anniversary or something. It'd be really cool and it doesnt seem that hard to do seeing as the songs are already written musically and lyrically, it'd just be record them with better equipment/production.

• Like 1

Now that i think about it, "Green Day: the Early Years" sounds like an educational show or something :P

ANYWAYS, yeah i can see them doing something like that for an anniversary or something. It'd be really cool and it doesnt seem that hard to do seeing as the songs are already written musically and lyrically, it'd just be record them with better equipment/production.

Yeah it's like "Planet Earth" or "Walking With Dinosaurs" for that matter :P

• Like 1

Now I want an educational show for kids where Billie, Mike, Tre, and Jason teach kids stuff :P

They can be the new Wiggles.

• Like 3

Now I want an educational show for kids where Billie, Mike, Tre, and Jason teach kids stuff :P

That sounds brilliant but at the same time horrifying.

"Hey! Im Billie and im gonna teach you how to do simple math IN ONE FUCKING MINUTE"

"Hi, I'm Tré Cool and :runaround: :runaround: :runaround:

I'm sorry, I got distracted. What's happening?"

• Like 1

"Billie we have to wrap up the show, it ends in 1 minute!"
"LET ME SHOW YOU WHAT I CAN DO IN ONE FUCKING MINUTE"
  • Like 2

"Billie we have to wrap up the show, it ends in 1 minute!"
"LET ME SHOW YOU WHAT I CAN DO IN ONE FUCKING MINUTE"

Wait Billie, I can sing us out! I'll do an acoustic rendition of roll, roll, roll the joint!

• Like 1

When is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame airing? I live in Northern Ireland (part of the UK), so I have no clue!

When is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame airing? I live in Northern Ireland (part of the UK), so I have no clue!

30th of May
  • Like 1

They can be the new Wiggles.

They could get in costume like they did at that one concert!

main.jpg

I can never unsee Tré like that.

Edited by One Hot Minute
  • Like 2

Wait Billie, I can sing us out! I'll do an acoustic rendition of roll, roll, roll the joint!

"IM THE ONE WHO SINGS US OUT, IM NOT JUSTIN BIEBER, YOU MOTHERFUCKER!"

• Like 1

ANYWAYS, yeah i can see them doing something like that for an anniversary or something.

They kind of already dropped the ball on the two most important anniversaries of their career though — 10 years of American Idiot and 20 years of Dookie, in the same year. They touched on Dookie a little bit, but not enough to really even consider it a commemoration. If they didn't hype up thos0e anniversary, I don't really foresee them ever doing any sort of anniversary-honoring things anytime soon.

I'm not discounting the idea of a re-recorded album though. I'd love for it to happen, but I just don't think it's realistic thing the band would do at this point in their careers.

They could get in costume like they did at that one concert!

main.jpg

UGH, I love Jack Skellington Billie Joe. My ovaries hurt... <3

• Like 1

I remember Billie once said that he had no interest in rerecording the Lookouts era songs because they're in the past and he just want to look at the future, or something like that. Unfortunately,I don't remember where on when he said it.

UGH, I love Jack Skellington Billie Joe. My ovaries hurt... <3

And he's blond. Blond billie makes everything better

• Like 2

And he's blond. Blond billie makes everything better

Sadly, this is where we disagree. :( Typically I'm not a fan, but there are always exceptions... like Jack Skellington Billie Joe!

• Like 3