Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

If that happened, my ovaries would explode. :lol:

I was rather disappointed they didn't play Stay the Night live on Thursday. They only played one song from the past 10 years, and they picked 99 Revolutions? :rolleyes:

I didn't get that either. But remember Billie thinks it is one of the best songs he has ever written so we will be hearing it for the rest of our lives.

Just going through Billie's pictures on instagram. Reached summer 2012 and holy fuck, he looked so beat up, tired and all in all fucked up in these pictures. It's so heartbreaking to see him like that.

I'm so thankful he recovered.

Did that recently and thought the same. I remember joking about it back then. Thought it was just aging, but with hindsight it's obvious he looked sickly.
  • Like 1

I didn't get that either. But remember Billie thinks it is one of the best songs he has ever written so we will be hearing it for the rest of our lives.

I didn't think they would open the exact same way having said that I like 99 rev as an opener.

I didn't expect it either. It's the only song I've ever heard them open with, actually, which is kind of hilarious. I have a weird connection to it now, whether I want to or not!

• Like 2

Srsly Beej, grow some ears for fuck's sake.

I don't mind 99 Revs. it's a pretty good opener. I genuinly enjoyed it as a closer of Irving Plaza show and usually don't skip it when listening to the album. But it's not a song i listen to on it's own. I just don't get why he likes it so much.

Srsly Beej, grow some ears for fuck's sake.

I don't mind 99 Revs. it's a pretty good opener. I genuinly enjoyed it as a closer of Irving Plaza show and usually don't skip it when listening to the album. But it's not a song i listen to on it's own. I just don't get why he likes it so much.

Maybe because he was writing about something that meant something to him.

Hopefully more of that will come.

• Like 2

/off topicAbout time you got an ava, luv!! ;)

That's thanks to my lovely friend Judi - it's been done for me before but I had to devulge my password for it to be done this time.

Thought dorky billie was my best option

• Like 4

/off topic

About time you got an ava, luv!! ;)

I agreed, that is why I had to do it for her!!!

That's thanks to my lovely friend Judi - it's been done for me before but I had to devulge my password for it to be done this time.

Thought dorky billie was my best option

Dorky Billie fits you very well!

• Like 2

I agreed, that is why I had to do it for her!!!

Dorky Billie fits you very well!

I certainly dance like him

• Like 2

I certainly dance like him

You and my hubby need to get together then for a dance off!
  • Like 2

So I just actually took the time to listen to some songs on the trilogy that I normally didn't give the time of day. (I've been trying to make myself like the trilogy) and I have to say, I really enjoy Sweet 16. Billie's voice sounds fantastic on it!

• Like 3

So I'm thinking...

... Maybe the trilogy isn't as shitty as I thought it was*. (Cue dramatic chord)

* Well, The Forgotten being the obvious exception.

P.S. I still consider the trilogy to be vampire Billie's attempt to resurrect all the dormant vampires in the world to feast on the blood of unsuspecting human beings though. That's the only way I could make sense of DRB and The Forgotten.

• Like 2

* Well, The Forgotten being the obvious exception.

Excuse you, The Forgotten is a masterpiece :lol:

• Like 2

Excuse you, The Forgotten is a masterpiece :D

The music is ok, but lyrics are just meh. If only they made some sense. Vampire Billie apparently needed his blood fix.

• Like 2

The music is ok, but lyrics are just meh. If only they made some sense. Vampire Billie apparently needed his blood fix.

A lot of songs don't make any sense lyrically, but that doesn't testify their shittiness imo.

I really love that song and I don't understand how anyone could think it's shitty :lol:

Sorry, I'm just really defensive of that particular song, it has really grown on me :happy:

I admit, maybe it's not a masterpiece but it's still really really good!

(But each to their own I guess :) )

A lot of songs don't make any sense lyrically, but that doesn't testify their shittiness imo.

I really love that song and I don't understand how anyone could think it's shitty :lol:

Sorry, I'm just really defensive of that particular song, it has really grown on me :happy:

I admit, maybe it's not a masterpiece but it's still really really good!

(But each to their own I guess :) )

Maybe it's just that I have bigger expectations. The song would've been so much better if it had meaningful lyrics. It's so slow that it makes you listen to the lyrics carefully so you just drown in weird nonsense lyrics.

• Like 2

I havent listened to the forgotten since late 2013 :P Its the only trilogy song I skip every single time it shows up, every other one i still at least listen to every now and then :P Probably should give it another listen at some point haha

Maybe it's just that I have bigger expectations. The song would've been so much better if it had meaningful lyrics. It's so slow that it makes you listen to the lyrics carefully so you just drown in weird nonsense lyrics.

Well maybe they are meaningful, just not to you :) Maybe they make perfect sense to Billie and other people who can relate to them. Not me personally, but I do have to say that especially the lyrics of this song appeal to me. And in combination with the string music, it's just .. mwah :wub:

(okay, i just read this again and it's a bit confusing: I can't relate to the lyrics but I find them very beautiful and would understand why people could relate to them :D )

I havent listened to the forgotten since late 2013 :P Its the only trilogy song I skip every single time it shows up, every other one i still at least listen to every now and then :P Probably should give it another listen at some point haha

I always did that too! It's the last song of the trilogy and I think that many people just over-hear it or skip it (i said this in the Unpopular Opinions thread too), but I think that you really need to take time to listen to this song individually (and perhaps several times) to recognize its greatness :)

And really, the only song? :lol: You don't skip Nightlife?

• Like 1

Well maybe they are meaningful, just not to you :) Maybe they make perfect sense to Billie and other people who can relate to them. Not me personally, but I do have to say that especially the lyrics of this song appeal to me. And in combination with the string music, it's just .. mwah :wub:

(okay, i just read this again and it's a bit confusing: I can't relate to the lyrics but I find them very beautiful and would understand why people could relate to them :D )

Ok, I'll try to give it a one more chance (and find some sense in it). I think I understand what is it about, but don't think it's very well written. Billie could've done a much better job. (clearly he couldn't have, otherwise he would've so this isn't much of an argument I guess :D)

• Like 1

I always did that too! It's the last song of the trilogy and I think that many people just over-hear it or skip it (i said this in the Unpopular Opinions thread too), but I think that you really need to take time to listen to this song individually (and perhaps several times) to recognize its greatness :)

And really, the only song? :lol: You don't skip Nightlife?

I skip Nightlife but I still listen to it every now and then at least since its a gulty pleasure :P

• Like 3

I skip Nightlife but I still listen to it every now and then at least since its a gulty pleasure :P

Funny, because that's how I feel about Nightlife. I give credit to Green Day for trying something they haven't done before there. Even if it does kinda come off as somewhat awkward.

Ok, I'll try to give it a one more chance (and find some sense in it). I think I understand what is it about, but don't think it's very well written. Billie could've done a much better job. (clearly he couldn't have, otherwise he would've so this isn't much of an argument I guess :D)

Don't get me wrong, it's totally okay if you think it's garbage or something :D I'm not trying to convert people to The-Forgottenism just because I'm so protective of it :D

Just trying to get my point across :lol:

I think I've only listened to it once because I felt bad and that I owed them to at least listen to it from beginning to end before writing it off :D

But it's really not my thing :P

Don't get me wrong, it's totally okay if you think it's garbage or something :D I'm not trying to convert people to The-Forgottenism just because I'm so protective of it :D

Just trying to get my point across :lol:

I'm just trying to be fair. It's been ages since I heard it and so many people ditch it so I need to make sure my opinion is actually my opinion. I'll give it a fair chance and make sure it's as shit as I remember it to be :P