Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

My issue with Stray Heart on the demo is Billie doesn't sound good singing it imo it's the same issue with it live...

• Like 1

Really? The album version of Ashley is one of my favorites from the Trilogy (but I tend to like the less popular songs when it comes to the Trilogy, though)

On the topic of Demolicious, I'm kind of really glad that Fuck Time and Dirty Rotten Bastards didn't appear on there :ninja:

Ashley is too hard and dark for me, it's not really my thing.

I would've loved DRB on it! It's one of the best Trilogy tracks for me anyway, but I can imagine how great it would've been on Demolicious.

Ashley is too hard and dark for me, it's not really my thing.

I would've loved DRB on it! It's one of the best Trilogy tracks for me anyway, but I can imagine how great it would've been on Demolicious.

See what I mean?

IDK, maybe if it was a full version of one of the first sections (like with the extra verses seen in Cuatro); the final product on Tré feels like a giant clusterfuck to me.

• Like 1

I dunno I prefer the Uno version of STN over the demo (well the band version at least I love the acoustic) I wish they'd kept the bass opening of Baby Eyes

The acoustic version of stay the night is unbelievable. The vocals are so pretty. It is not single material but needs to do it live

• Like 3

See what I mean?

IDK, maybe if it was a full version of one of the first sections (like with the extra verses seen in Cuatro); the final product on Tré feels like a giant clusterfuck to me.

It's a giant clusterfuck, sure, but it's a giant fun clusterfuck in the same vein as KFAD. And yeah, I'd definitely like to hear the full version.

Really? The album version of Ashley is one of my favorites from the Trilogy (but I tend to like the less popular songs when it comes to the Trilogy, though)

On the topic of Demolicious, I'm kind of really glad that Fuck Time and Dirty Rotten Bastards didn't appear on there :ninja:

On the topic of Uno singles, I'd go with Nuclear Family, Stay the Night, Let Yourself Go, and Angel Blue

Fuck time is awesome and I will fight you in that

I think we are all in agreement that stay the night should have been the first single. Now to get that job at the record company

• Like 4

Fuck time is awesome and I will fight you in that

I think we are all in agreement that stay the night should have been the first single. Now to get that job at the record company

1v1 me rite now

I get that Fuck Time is a joke song, but for that to work, it should be funny. It's it's deliberately vulgar (which, I get, is the point), but ends up trying too hard and just ends up being annoying and obnoxious. Musically it's okay, nothing special, but the lyrics sound like something a high school freshman would write to get a laugh out of his friends. In my opinion, Fuck Time is the worst song Green Day has ever released.

• Like 1

1v1 me rite now

I get that Fuck Time is a joke song, but for that to work, it should be funny. It's it's deliberately vulgar (which, I get, is the point), but ends up trying too hard and just ends up being annoying and obnoxious. Musically it's okay, nothing special, but the lyrics sound like something a high school freshman would write to get a laugh out of his friends. In my opinion, Fuck Time is the worst song Green Day has ever released.

Fuck Time to me just lost all its energy in the studio its a perfect live song

Some songs aren't meant for studio recordings

• Like 3

1v1 me rite now

musically it is upbeat and fun. No it is not something musically significant but most green day songs are bot. I can play them, not like billie can, but I can play them. What is great about gd songs musically is that they get you up and moving. What makes alot of them great is that they are often coupled with wonderful lyrics. Fuck times lyrics are not the lyrics said by a teenage boy but by a 40+ man who has been married for 20 years and is trying for a spark.

• Like 1

musically it is upbeat and fun. No it is not something musically significant but most green day songs are bot. I can play them, not like billie can, but I can play them. What is great about gd songs musically is that they get you up and moving. What makes alot of them great is that they are often coupled with wonderful lyrics. Fuck times lyrics are not the lyrics said by a teenage boy but by a 40+ man who has been married for 20 years and is trying for a spark.

Which is exactly what DOS is about - stuffing everything up.

• Like 1

Yeah, I remember when they released it and I was so pumped all day because it was the first new Green Day song I heard in years.

I listened to it for days and annoyed everyone with it because my favourite band was back. I still clearly remember the day they released it.

I hadn't been this happy in a long time

:wub:

The day it came out, it came on in the car radio, and my stepmom changed the station cause she didn't like it :mellow:

What have you done, Jimmy?! Derailing an entire pinned thread singlehandedly is really impressive, I'll give you that. :lol:

• Like 2

Speaking of Demolicious, songs that were IMHO better on the Trilogy:

Carpe Diem (guitar's a nice treat, but I kind of prefer the Uno version)

Ashley

Nuclear Family

Rusty James

Makeout Party

Baby Eyes (the bass intro was the Demolicious version's only saving grace really)

Makeout Party

Oh Love

In other words, about half of Demolicious were better than the Trilogy versions; on this other half - the final (Trilogy) versions were improvements.

State of Shock: I've grown a bit cooler about it than when it was first released, but yeah, still like this song.

Acoustic Stay the Night: I love it. Sure, it sounds really crappy/low quality sound-wise, but that's what's makes it good, man.

i was watching the boys' induction speeches earlier and it occurred to me that tré sounds exactly like cartman and now i can't unhear it

• Like 2

What have you done, Jimmy?! Derailing an entire pinned thread singlehandedly is really impressive, I'll give you that. :lol:

tumblr_m6ywy3ZAfv1qgz2tq.gif

I did virtually the same thing to the Doctor Who thread, I couldn't just rest on my laurels with that.

• Like 2

So I love the official Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Green Day shirt, and I think the Dookie shirts are a good idea. I just wish they could have done something cooler though. If i'm going to spend 300$ worth of clothing, I would prefer it to be like a badass limited edition, high quality jacket (leather would be sick) with a huge Green Day related design on the back of it. Something more meticulously crafted. Just my thoughts.

• Like 2

So I love the official Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Green Day shirt, and I think the Dookie shirts are a good idea. I just wish they could have done something cooler though. If i'm going to spend 300$ worth of clothing, I would prefer it to be like a badass limited edition, high quality jacket (leather would be sick) with a huge Green Day related design on the back of it. Something more meticulously crafted. Just my thoughts.

To us who discovered them through Dookie, which is their breakthrough album, it does not get more meaningful than this.

• Like 4

To us who discovered them through Dookie, which is their breakthrough album, it does not get more meaningful than this.

Agreed but spending 300 on t shirts and a garbage won't go over well with hubby

Agreed but spending 300 on t shirts and a garbage won't go over well with hubby

Exactly my hubby's reaction when I told him. In fact he even rolled his eyes at me! :lol:

• Like 1