Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Another article I stumbled upon today that ranks each track from American Idiot.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bprofitt/the-definitive-ranking-of-every-song-on-american-i-v954#.ikoaMgz6M

BOBD, Homecoming and Letterbomb are way too low. St. Jimmy is too high, even though I do get that it is high because it is so essential to the plot. However, the write ups were very good and the writer nailed the top 3. I think if they put Letterbomb 4th I would have been happier. But, that was really interesting.

Here's a random find.

One of my favorite bands covering one of my favorite bands, awesome! :D

Watching Billie play guitar, especially in older videos, makes me want to play so fucking badly for some reason.

• Like 1

I have been on holiday - checked GDA on the day the guys posted they were jamming - I must have gd telepathy

Watching Billie play guitar, especially in older videos, makes me want to play so fucking badly for some reason.

Do it!!!! It is so much fun!!!

• Like 2

He was the reason why I started. Probably my best decision so far.

• Like 3

Same

• Like 3

Me too and scattered was the first song I learned to play

• Like 3

Me too and scattered was the first song I learned to play

Didn't you post a pic of a new guitar you got? That looked like a nice guitar

• Like 1

Didn't you post a pic of a new guitar you got? That looked like a nice guitar

Yes I got it last week. It is a Washburn parlor acoustic. I can't get my arms around a regular sized acoustic and thus one fit me really well. It has gorgeous inlays as well. I really love it. Thanks for asking.

• Like 1

Just listened to the trilogy for the first time in ages and regardless of the hate it's received, I love it so much and have so many personal attachments to it, waaah :cry:

• Like 4

Kill The Dj is simply amazing. It's something Green Day has never done before and the result was brilliant, such a shame the trilogy didn't keep that direction :/

• Like 1

Was browsing the interwebs today, came across this little gem, one of my favourite bands covering another one of my favourite bands:

Couldn't help but laugh at the bit at the end.

• Like 3

Was browsing the interwebs today, came across this little gem, one of my favourite bands covering another one of my favourite bands

HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE? Thank you for posting it :)
  • Like 1

There are some songs, listening to which, I just want to pick up my bass and fire away. American Idiot to Jesus of suburbia always does it for me.

I kinda miss using AIM when it was cool and listening to Green Day Radio. Not sure if anyone else used it, but at the bottom of the "buddy list", there was an AOL radio section and it had a Green Day channel that just played ALL of their songs, including live songs, on shuffle. I would listen to it for hours a day, every day for weeks straight. This was when I first got into Green Day back in 2005, so it helped me discover their other albums besides American Idiot. Ahh, the good ole days. :P

I think Green Day definitely deserve their own station on SiriusXM radio, especially now that they're in the Hall of Fame.

• Like 1

I still get excited waiting for the part where Billie comes in on the radio version of 21 Guns with GD and the Broadway cast. The anticipation kills me.

I still get excited waiting for the part where Billie comes in on the radio version of 21 Guns with GD and the Broadway cast. The anticipation kills me.

I get this feeling when I nail the start of panic song

• Like 1

I'm kind of tired, and I've got all of Green Day's stuff (and some others) on shuffle, and Governator just suddenly came on and put me completely on edge like a badass musical slap in the face.

Me and my best friend that I've met on the internet (thank you Green Day) decided that we really need a song, our song. So that she can listen to it when she feels alone or depressed and she'll know i'm always with her.

We think Poprocks & Coke is the perfect choice.

If you should fall you know I'll be there, To catch the call you know I'll be there, I'll go anywhere, So I'll See you there.

I don't care if you don't mind, I'll be there not far behind, I will dare, Keep in mind, I'll be there for you.

I think it's the perfect friendship-song.

• Like 2

Just listened to "That´s all right". Having been an Elvis-Fan for many years (and still liking his music, especially Sun recordings and early RCA), Green Day´s version really made me laugh. Mocking birds! Haha! Such a funny interpretation. And I like Green Day´s cover of "Like a rolling stone". It´s "cleaner" than Dylan´s original, but nevertheless astonishingly fresh and catchy. Well sung. And listened to "Governator" and "Hearts Collide" and it was almost like falling in love again with the boys. Green Day rules! :D

Just listened to "That´s all right". Having been an Elvis-Fan for many years (and still liking his music, especially Sun recordings and early RCA), Green Day´s version really made me laugh. Mocking birds! Haha! Such a funny interpretation. And I like Green Day´s cover of "Like a rolling stone". It´s "cleaner" than Dylan´s original, but nevertheless astonishingly fresh and catchy. Well sung. And listened to "Governator" and "Hearts Collide" and it was almost like falling in love again with the boys. Green Day rules! :D

What mocking birds?