Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Because I know a lot that most people don't, because we had/have mutual friends and a lot more. The fact that they don't talk, which is probably safe to mention now, and that they have not talked for six years says a lot about both of them. But only one of them has authority and reasons may be justifiable (e.g. he's a delusional social recluse who holds grudges for decades); the other has none.

That and I have been running a website people often mistake as John's official site since 2004. XD

And 39/Smooth is a bigger contribution to music that I'm With You will ever be. For one, it has heart and soul...and it has no mention of pedophilia in every song. It's about teenagers dating teenagers, not 50-somethings deflorating 15-year-old girls.

And 39/Smooth is a bigger contribution to music that I'm With You will ever be. For one, it has heart and soul...and it has no mention of pedophilia in every song. It's about teenagers dating teenagers, not 50-somethings deflorating 15-year-old girls.

Is that even fair? 39/Smooth is Green Day's debut album, so of course it contributes more to music than some RHCP album that isn't BSSM, Californication, or Stadium Arcadium.

• Like 1

By The Way contributes to music, too. Its sonic brilliance is not much different than SA's.

I can't believe I forgot to list it.

• Like 1

To get back on topic, if Josh Klinghoffer can get inducted so can Jason.

But I'm with you was fairly successful and you can make a,case for it being a significant recording. You can't make the case for the trilogy, which are the only recordings Jason was an official member

But I'm with you was fairly successful and you can make a,case for it being a significant recording. You can't make the case for the trilogy, which are the only recordings Jason was an official member

Yes, because releasing 3 albums in one year isn't significant at all. I'm With You is just another album in their discography. I guarantee you within 10 years its sales will be the same as One Hot Minute.

Yes, because releasing 3 albums in one year isn't significant at all. I'm With You is just another album in their discography. I guarantee you within 10 years its sales will be the same as One Hot Minute.

3 shit albums*

There are bands that have released over 50 albums in a single year. 3 albums is nothing, especially if you throw quality control completely out the window like Green Day did.

3 shit albums*

There are bands that have released over 50 albums in a single year. 3 albums is nothing, especially if you throw quality control completely out the window like Green Day did.

Don't get me wrong, the trilogy was quantity over quality.

But, I'm talking for Green Day. 3 albums a year for them is literally why the trilogy is significant. And Jason White being on them, of course.

And while one could say "I'm With You had Josh Klinghoffer as a new member!", so did Freaky Styley. So did One Hot Minute. So did Mother's Milk. Even their debut did if you wanna count Jack Sherman. Even the Uplift MOFO Party Plan would apply if you just wanna count members that hadn't been featured on studio albums. None of any of those 6 albums having nearly as much significance as albums like Californication or By The Way.

Oh, and Josh and Jason were both touring members before becoming full-fledged members of their bands.

Basically, if Josh Klinghoffer can get into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, so can Jason White.

I quite like "Sex, Drugs & Violence." Yeah, there are some terrible lyrics in it, but it's fun, Mike sings (notable considering it's a trilogy song), and the guitar solo is good.

"Running wild like a runaway" :sick:

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, the trilogy was quantity over quality.

But, I'm talking for Green Day. 3 albums a year for them is literally why the trilogy is significant. And Jason White being on them, of course.

And while one could say "I'm With You had Josh Klinghoffer as a new member!", so did Freaky Styley. So did One Hot Minute. So did Mother's Milk. Even their debut did if you wanna count Jack Sherman. Even the Uplift MOFO Party Plan would apply if you just wanna count members that hadn't been featured on studio albums. None of any of those 6 albums having nearly as much significance as albums like Californication or By The Way.

Oh, and Josh and Jason were both touring members before becoming full-fledged members of their bands.

Basically, if Josh Klinghoffer can get into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, so can Jason White.

Jason could get into the hall of fame, just not with green day

Jason could get into the hall of fame, just not with green day

True, but what do you mean? With another band or by himself?

True, but what do you mean? With another band or by himself?

It was actually a joke, but yes he could always get in eventually, with another band or by himself but he will not be inducted as part of green day

he could always get in eventually, with another band or by himself

Let's face it, no way in hell he could do the latter. :P

Does it annoy anyone else when folk say over online how 'awesome' Billie Joe's rant was at iHeart Radio 2012? Not that I didn't agree with what Billie Joe said, but I don't think it's 'awesome' at all to see someone under the influence of prescription pill addiction, as well as alcohol addiction, mentally breakdown in public. Even watching that footage now makes me feel...uneasy.

It's kind of lame since the rant was stupid. But I still find it silly that the majority of Green Day fans have always thought Billie spouting jibberish while off his face on speed, or drunkenly attempting to kick an unruly fan in the face and strip to a g-string (during a time when he has openly said in interviews that he had problems with alcohol and was a mess etc), or getting angry and going on rants or chucking his guitar across the stage is fair game to be entertained by but are then suddenly all solemn about what he did at iHeart which was basically the same thing but happened to be the last straw that made him realize he needed some help with his addiction. I wouldn't say it was awesome by any means but I just don't see being entertained by some of it as being that different from being entertained by a lot of his other substance influenced antics over the years so I don't think it's that big a deal when people are.

It's kind of lame since the rant was stupid. But I still find it silly that the majority of Green Day fans have always thought Billie spouting jibberish while off his face on speed, or drunkenly attempting to kick an unruly fan in the face and strip to a g-string (during a time when he has openly said in interviews that he had problems with alcohol and was a mess etc), or getting angry and going on rants or chucking his guitar across the stage is fair game to be entertained by but are then suddenly all solemn about what he did at iHeart which was basically the same thing but happened to be the last straw that made him realize he needed some help with his addiction. I wouldn't say it was awesome by any means but I just don't see being entertained by some of it as being that different from being entertained by a lot of his other substance influenced antics over the years so I don't think it's that big a deal when people are.

iHeart was watched by a ton of people though. Like, half my family saw that on tv. Anyone else that's not a fan doesn't know about that other stuff, this is the one thing that everyone seems to know about and bring up