Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

That's actually pretty cheap

I know! I could sell them each for hundreds more now, but the impending memories will be priceless. :happy:

I know! I could sell them each for hundreds more now, but the impending memories will be priceless. :happy:

Aggh I wish I could have afforded a ticket. I need to meet you and Kay goddammit.

Aggh I wish I could have afforded a ticket. I need to meet you and Kay goddammit.

You can still meet up with us if you want! There's a few people (including Ceadagh and woow) who are coming to the inevitable hotel party who won't be going to the induction ceremony. There will be a simulcast at the actual rock hall you could probably watch for cheap!

You can still meet up with us if you want! There's a few people (including Ceadagh and woow) who are coming to the inevitable hotel party who won't be going to the induction ceremony. There will be a simulcast at the actual rock hall you could probably watch for cheap!

Depending on how swamped in schoolwork I am I may totally have to do this.

Depending on how swamped in schoolwork I am I may totally have to do this.

If we had actual concrete plans I'd give you more details... Unfortunately all I know is we plan on getting there the Friday before and drinking a lot of alcohol. That's pretty much it for now. :P We haven't booked the hotel yet or anything.

For some reason I've never cared about "Walking Contradiction". Don't get me wrong, it's a great song and a good way to close off Insomniac. But I've just never given that much of a damn about it.

For some reason I've never cared about "Walking Contradiction". Don't get me wrong, it's a great song and a good way to close off Insomniac. But I've just never given that much of a damn about it.

Funny you should say that just now because it just came on my iPod. :)

I like the song, but at least around here, it is really over played. The radio station fluctuates between Basket Case and Walking Contradiction and no other Green Day song shall be played!!!

No. Not sure about the interview though. Are any of them besides Teenage Rampage and Noize Boyz pressed bootlegs, or just recorded tapes? i'd buy some if you wanted to get them off your hands :D

Just recorded tapes, as far as I know. My parents got them when they used to trawl the markets of Camden for general decent stuff sold cheap (they got me a Micro Machines Millennium Falcon from there once, that was a good day), so I don't really know exactly where any of them originated.

• Like 1

So, DUI was removed from Shenanigans because it was controversial?

A fairly lazy (albeit humourous) satire of the drinking habits of dudebros is hardly controversial. See Having A Blast for a song that should have caused controversies :P

Edited by Céadóg

Yesterday I heard a live version of Oh Love on the radio and it seemed longer than Jesus of Suburbia.

What live version was it?

A fairly lazy (albeit humourous) satire of the drinking habits of dudebros is hardly controversial. See Having A Blast for a song that should have caused controversies :P

Yeah, but I heard that it was actually removed because of controversy. If not, why was it removed? This is the only decent reason I can find for it.

Kill the DJ radio edit > Kill the DJ from the amended version of Uno.

I still think it's weird that there are two different edits of it.

Billie's explanation: "I'm a fan of irresponsibility, but not that much irresponsibility." Which is complete crap considering he was arrested for a DUI not long after. :P

Just imagine if Dos came out before BJA's iHeart Radio meltdown.

Billie's explanation: "I'm a fan of irresponsibility, but not that much irresponsibility." Which is complete crap considering he was arrested for a DUI not long after. :P

That quote is from here:

, so after his DUI. And anyway, having been arrested for DUI doesn't mean one can't realise it's an irresponsible thing to do.
  • Like 3

What live version was it?

I'm not sure. I haven't got round to finding it yet, but I suppose it could be the one they recorded in 2012 and came out as a b-side of Kill The DJ single (if i remember correctly). The quality was really good and the radio always plays official live releases.

Yeah, but I heard that it was actually removed because of controversy. If not, why was it removed? This is the only decent reason I can find for it.

I heard that the controversy had something to do with The Offspring's song named DUI. I have to idea what.

• Like 1

Has anyone listened to the song DUI

They left it off for legal reasons if someone drove drunk and hurt someone and they said they heard Green Day say it was ok the group and Warner could face a lawsuit...

• Like 3

That quote is from here: , so after his DUI. And anyway, having been arrested for DUI doesn't mean one can't realise it's an irresponsible thing to do.

Actually, being arrested for DUI probably made him realize it is irresponsible. It makes sense that it was pulled after the DUI.

They left it off for legal reasons if someone drove drunk and hurt someone and they said they heard Green Day say it was ok the group and Warner could face a lawsuit...

Just read the lyrics and you are of course correct. There is no way they were letting that on the record.

They left it off for legal reasons if someone drove drunk and hurt someone and they said they heard Green Day say it was ok the group and Warner could face a lawsuit..

Here you go.

• Like 2