Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Once I turned a picture of Billie upside down and I realized he looked like a woman.

I didn't need to turn a picture of him upside down to realize that :D

• Haha 1

Exactly! Not everyone has to know everything about or love everything about a band to enjoy them, there's nothing embarrassing about it. There's loads of songs I really love that are made by bands I don't know much else about. Or it might just be that they've only recently heard those songs and decided they love the band based on them and haven't had the chance to find out more yet. If they don't know they have more material then great! It's a good chance to recommend it to them. Being snobby about someone not happening to know everything about a band is far more embarrassing than not knowing about them.

I agree, but I admit I have to draw the line when someone overtly claims to be a "massive fan" but has never heard of Basket Case.

• Like 1

I agree, but I admit I have to draw the line when someone overtly claims to be a "massive fan" but has never heard of Basket Case.

I don't think you can judge unless you know the whole story though. If they heard two of their songs and really loved them and decided the band are awesome but didn't get the chance to check out more of their stuff yet then it's legitimate. Also even if that isn't the case I think asking someone questions about a band just to "test" them is a worse crime :P

I don't think you can judge unless you know the whole story though. If they heard two of their songs and really loved them and decided the band are awesome but didn't get the chance to check out more of their stuff yet then it's legitimate. Also even if that isn't the case I think asking someone questions about a band just to "test" them is a worse crime :P

Fair point really. I used to be a right little prick in that respect. By a couple of months after American Idiot came out I'd acquired every other album to that point and just couldn't understand how anyone else who'd just discovered them didn't know all about them. :P As for questioning people just to test them, I agree there, it's just a way of belittling people, and totally pointless.

Fair point really. I used to be a right little prick in that respect. By a couple of months after American Idiot came out I'd acquired every other album to that point and just couldn't understand how anyone else who'd just discovered them didn't know all about them. :P As for questioning people just to test them, I agree there, it's just a way of belittling people, and totally pointless.

I was the same after I heard American Idiot haha, I wanted everything Green Day had to offer immediately! But then there's other bands/acts I really like that I haven't been arsed to investigate so extensively, or who have albums/eras that I couldn't care less about as well as albums/eras that I love, so can't really judge others only based on the band I'm most obsessed with.

I was the same after I heard American Idiot haha, I wanted everything Green Day had to offer immediately! But then there's other bands/acts I really like that I haven't been arsed to investigate so extensively, or who have albums/eras that I couldn't care less about as well as albums/eras that I love, so can't really judge others only based on the band I'm most obsessed with.

I was an obnoxious 13 year old, what's your excuse? :lol: But yeah, I'm the same. The difference is I don't claim to be a "massive fan" of bands I know I don't know much about, I think it's more the ignorance of that kind of statement that irks me more than people just being unaware of certain things.

Wow what an admission to make. I'm not sure I can respect you as a Green Day fan, or even as a human being after hearing this. :(

:P

Why? It's not like I was wrong or anything ... ?

Just listening to the 21st Century Breakdown demo for the first time in ages, and I think I prefer it to the album version, especially lyrically.

• Like 4

Just listening to the 21st Century Breakdown demo for the first time in ages, and I think I prefer it to the album version, especially lyrically.

Sonically I prefer the album, but yeah, lyrically it's no contest.

Who else thinks that Billie Joe was right to have a fit at the iheartradio festival (I mean, who cuts Green Day's time)?

• Like 2

Who else thinks that Billie Joe was right to have a fit at the iheartradio festival (I mean, who cuts Green Day's time)?

Their set wasnt cut they were contracted for 30 mins and was on stage for 31-32 mins so you can say they went over their time

• Like 2

I just recently found out that 21 Guns and the chorus in Holiday have exactly the same chord progression; as do the 'I'm a victim of my symptom' bit of Restless Heart Syndrome and the piano intro to Little Girl.

Their set wasnt cut they were contracted for 30 mins and was on stage for 31-32 mins so you can say they went over their time

Still, they were supposed to be on for 45 minutes.

This has already been rehashed countless times--their set wasn't cut, Billie was being a childish drunken fuckwit, and it's a good thing he got help.

• Like 3

as do the 'I'm a victim of my symptom' bit of Restless Heart Syndrome and the piano intro to Little Girl.

I think that one was intentional.

Still, they were supposed to be on for 45 minutes.

No they wasnt you are going by a picture from the venue time list which is ALWAYS timed differently than what bands are actually scheduled for...

Venue time list factor in the time bands actually play and also how long the stage set up for next band is...

The band was paid for 30 mins and they played 30 mins Billie had no right for his rant and if he wasnt as gone as he was he wouldnt have

No they wasnt you are going by a picture from the venue time list which is ALWAYS timed differently than what bands are actually scheduled for...

Venue time list factor in the time bands actually play and also how long the stage set up for next band is...

The band was paid for 30 mins and they played 30 mins Billie had no right for his rant and if he wasnt as gone as he was he wouldnt have

Oh.

Oh.

Billie even said before the start of Basket Case something like "damn, 4 minutes left already." He was totally in the wrong.

Man I cringe so much when I watch iHeart. The only parts I can stand are when he rants and makes comments.

Same, watching that show hurts me emotionally.

This has already been rehashed countless times--their set wasn't cut, Billie was being a childish drunken fuckwit, and it's a good thing he got help.

You don't have to be so harsh. He wasn't being childish, he did need help though.

• Like 1

You don't have to be so harsh. He wasn't being childish, he did need help though.

Throwing a tantrum because he didnt get his way is childish and immature...

• Like 1

But he was in an altered state of mind.

I guess not many people here have serious alcoholics in their families and have not experienced how they can be completely detached from reality one moment, then OK the next moment, then back to WTF again. If they have a mood disorder underneath and mix medicines and alcohol, it's hell.

The fact that he admitted he needed help is a big, big thing. So, in this case, being human > being "right". Who cares about being right, other than Internet peeps, anyway?