Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

On a huge Offspring kick right now and I was looking into watching the horror film they are named after.   Haven't tracked it down yet because it's tag line caught my attention.   "They were born to kill"   - reminds me of Baby Eyes by Green Day and I wonder if Billie was referencing that or it was a coincidence.    Baby baby eyes.  Baby baby I was born to..............................................................

kill. 

• Like 3

Is it bad because of the whole "5 AI demos that may or may not have been given to us by the label"  i've been thinking a ton about that B-sides disk that John Ro posted a while ago?

19 hours ago, CristhyneS said:

It was my birthday yesterday and I am not big on birthdays, but I must say this year I feel Green Day has unknowingly (and even unwillingly perhaps 😅) given me so many gifts: the AI demos leaked on Tuesday (hence the unwilling part), PHGP releasing a new album the day before my birthday, the AI anniversary box set next week even though the real anniversary is in September.

And now they announce solo dates for Europe, I could cry 🥹 It's a good time to be a Green Day fan

• Like 3

On 10/20/2024 at 6:04 PM, That Dude said:

On a huge Offspring kick right now and I was looking into watching the horror film they are named after.   Haven't tracked it down yet because it's tag line caught my attention.   "They were born to kill"   - reminds me of Baby Eyes by Green Day and I wonder if Billie was referencing that or it was a coincidence.    Baby baby eyes.  Baby baby I was born to..............................................................

kill. 

Whoa whoa whoa....the Offspring are named after a horror movie?? It's just called The Offspring? I need to track this down too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Whoa whoa whoa....the Offspring are named after a horror movie?? It's just called The Offspring? I need to track this down too!

Yes, but I can't find any way to watch it other than on VHS from ebay.  I think I have a VCR somewhere, but I'm going to poke around the internet a bit longer and see if I can find it to stream.  

• Surprised 1

Has anyone else noticed this eBay seller in the US who seems to have multiple patches, guitar picks, etc from multiple shows? This must be why they sold out so quickly even though it was supposed to be one per person (at least in the UK)

This is just a few of them

e1c46f2cede4ac3057526d91fa8a8f047fdd41bc

e530c6ca58ef32ea6c91b3e4d23a5a1e338e817a

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/375738592704?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=w1okDaBiQyW&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=WxbrlRlGTE-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=MORE

In the UK we were told there were only 390 of each patch made

• Surprised 1

I'm going a bit nutty here! I ordered the AI anniversary set through GD's webstore and it shipped on Wednesday from the Netherlands, so I really thought I'd get it on time. But stupid DHL sent it from NL to the UK because why not, I guess. And then from the UK to France so it took a while to go through customs, but since Friday afternoon it's been 20 KM from Paris, so I thought maybe I'd get it yesterday, but I didn't... so hoping for Monday now. But it's been hard to avoid spoilers.

• Surprised 1