Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Does anyone know if the tour buses are marked at all this year? Or are they pretty plain and nondescript?

Well, I’m at one of the nicer hotels in Kansas City and there are 4 plain buses marked B1-B4 here. 2 of them are idling. I think it’s them. Now we play the waiting game.

• Like 3

On 8/7/2024 at 8:26 PM, Undómiel said:

Not sure that's quite the angle I was going for. I'm from the UK and I favour the greens/labour pretty heavily. Don't think that makes me a fucking loser. 

Makes me a fucking Liberal, but hey, close. 

Favouring a party and identifying with the party are two separate things. 

12 hours ago, Gwen Stacy said:

Well, I’m at one of the nicer hotels in Kansas City and there are 4 plain buses marked B1-B4 here. 2 of them are idling. I think it’s them. Now we play the waiting game.

Any updates?

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Any updates?

I stuck around until midnight but sadly nary a sight of the boys. Guess it just was not to be. I know those were their buses though. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is my mood today:

Billie_Joe_sleeping-1052x592.jpg?t=16893

(This small scene lives rent free in my head)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Some of you may remember when I tried Fiji water for the first time a while back and deemed it fucking gross. Well, my bf bought a can of Liquid Death the other day and I had a little taste - I'd rather drink toilet water.

Billie, I am severely disappointed in your taste (or lack thereof) in water. Do better. 😔

• Haha 2

I always knew that Billie misspelled "Novocaine" but I just realized it could be a huge part of the Idiot mythos.    This song could be a song about a girl named Nova Caine - that could have been Whatshername's name within the fictional world.   Haha

Nuclear Family came on my spotify just now while I was working, it had been a really really long time since I have heard that song, and I am happy to report that I still hear "I just want some action so gimme Mike Dirn(t)", which I would argue is a way better line than instead of "gimme my turn", so I'll continue singing it as "gimme Mike Dirn" 😂 

I had to look up the lyrics to know what he was actually saying, and I remembered going through exactly the same thing when the trilogy came out. Some things don't change I guess (probably aided by the fact that back in the day I also was like, fuck it, gimme Mike Dirn it is" lol).

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, CristhyneS said:

Nuclear Family came on my spotify just now while I was working, it had been a really really long time since I have heard that song, and I am happy to report that I still hear "I just want some action so gimme Mike Dirn(t)", which I would argue is a way better line than instead of "gimme my turn", so I'll continue singing it as "gimme Mike Dirn" 😂 

I had to look up the lyrics to know what he was actually saying, and I remembered going through exactly the same thing when the trilogy came out. Some things don't change I guess (probably aided by the fact that back in the day I also was like, fuck it, gimme Mike Dirn it is" lol).

That's okay. I still hear "Are you crying on Michael Jordan?" instead of "Are you crying on my cold shoulder?" during "Ashley" :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Walking near my house, heard someone working on their car, blaring from their garage is "Jesus of Suburbia" - I went over to say nice song bla bla bla great band. Guy emerges who I've seen before, big dude, face tattoos, mohawk, scary looking mofo, but we chatted nice enough. He had three dogs, a pug, a westie type, and a jack Russell. Two of them were called "pickle" and "munchkin"

Scary looking dude with pickle the pug. Love it. 😅😊

• Haha 2
  • Love 2

What did I just listen to :lol:

I can't stop laughing :lol:

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

What did I just listen to :lol:

I categorize this stuff into the same group that I would place guitar players who can play super technically and insanely fast.  Impressive, but I would never want to listen to that lol

• Haha 2

Also, Green Day’s numbers are surging on Spotify.  Highest I’ve seen them ever.  They do have a shit ton of things going for them right now.  

• Like 4

Listening to 21st Century Breakdown in full today and just finished Restless Heart Syndrome and I must admit, learning that Billie Joe hated Horseshoes and Handgrenades kind of takes away from the song in the context of the album.  Maybe it would’ve been a better choice to go straight into a cheerful sounding song like The Static Age after the self-reflective dramatic epic that is Restless Heart Syndrome.  Horseshoes and Handgrenades is actually one of my favorites when considering stand-alone songs, but in the context of the album, I think I’ve been swayed by the opinion of the man himself, BJ.  

And now onto Uno today.  Man what a change!  It’s been awhile since I’ve listened to it in full.  Highlights of my listen today are Carpe Diem, Kill The DJ, Troublemaker (#1 for today’s listen.  It just hit today.  My opinion today is that it’s the funnest song on the album.), Angel Blue, Rusty James, and Oh Love (sounds very refreshing.  I think I like it more now than when it first came out.  It still makes me think of the green 3D visualizer that first came out with it on YouTube).  

Amuses me no end how pressed Green Day make some people... still.

Any rock page on social media posts about them, you get Bob Fuckin' Nobody from Bintown, OH writing "sellouts!" or "poser punks!" 

Yeah, sure Bob. 

• Haha 3

Randomly got into Sponge tonight and they have a song called Pollyanna that is pretty good.   Unlike stupid Green Day, these guys actually say the word.  They ain't never scared.  

And My Generation!