Heart Like A Hand Grenade

burnout409

6 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

He's like an ex boyfriend just trying to string us along for attention, now that it's over...

Why an ex-boyfriend and not an ex-girlfriend. Are you implying that a woman would never string a man along? #freeparis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Why an ex-boyfriend and not an ex-girlfriend. Are you implying that a woman would never string a man along? #freeparis

Because the director I'm talking about is a man?

I'm so indifferent to it now that I put it on my Amazon wish list (which my family has access to), and if someone gets it for me for Christmas, someone gets it for me. "Collecting everything Green Day" be damned ... idk if I want to spent my own money on it :lol: :ninja:

Both versions (CD + DVD and only DVD) are available even in Polish stores, I'm positively surprised :) 

On November 13, 2015 at 5:14:30 PM, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Went to Best Buy to get this and of course they didn't have it. Best Buy is the worst.

"Check store availability"

On Fri Nov 13 2015 09:22:56 GMT-0500, JJ1964 said:

You know I understand this.  I'm not stupid.  I was simply pointing out that I thought it was a flaw in the film.  You are comning from the assumption that only hard core fans like us are watching it and would know everything anyway.  I was going to watch this with my hubby and he would not know this.  So coming from someone that is not a hard core fan it does not give all the information they might want to see.  I was simply pointing out that it is a flaw the film.

I am really freakin' sorry for bothering everyone today.

Just watch the tv version along with this one and your all set. 

My DVD arrived today and I watched it again tonight. I still enjoy this documentary very much. Sure, it's not the greatest, but I still find it entertaining and insightful. I think the problem is that this took 11 years to make so everyone was expecting perfection. Now, what I am disappointed in is the new Star Wars Battlefront for the PS4. Sigh...

20 minutes ago, Juste Bro said:

tumblr_ny2qdn4SL11r5w7ofo1_540.jpg

Mike and Tré should totally sue John Roecker tbh...

Why?  That is how the credits are listed for almost all their songs.  They only issue I see is that it is usually listed as lyrics, not words.

1 minute ago, JJ1964 said:

Why?  That is how the credits are listed for almost all their songs.  They only issue I see is that it is usually listed as lyrics, not words.

On the album Mike and Trè are credited as writers as well for their segments 

16 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

I wasn't 100% serious

It just surprised me since "all" words weren't by Billie Joe 

21 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

On the album Mike and Trè are credited as writers as well for their segments 

True, they are credited when they have done some of the writing, but most of the lyrics are written by Billie so that is how it looks on most of the songs.  But, yes I see what you are saying, they did write some of the lyrics on American Idiot.

6 minutes ago, Juste Bro said:

I wasn't 100% serious

It just surprised me since "all" words weren't by Billie Joe 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, sara_gd said:

Is there a version with DVD and a version with CD + DVD?  And if so, what's on the CD? :huh: 

Yep, there's a "Ultimate Edition" of AMERICAN IDIOT. Which includes the regular CD and the HLAHG DVD. Here's the Amazon (Germany) link: http://www.amazon.de/Ultimate-American-Idiot-Green-Day/dp/B016NJXHQU/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1445971788&sr=1-1&keywords=green+day

1 minute ago, Koal Koalson said:

Yep, there's a "Ultimate Edition" of AMERICAN IDIOT. Which includes the regular CD and the HLAHG DVD. Here's the Amazon (Germany) link: http://www.amazon.de/Ultimate-American-Idiot-Green-Day/dp/B016NJXHQU/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1445971788&sr=1-1&keywords=green+day

Ah okay thank you! :happy: I'd rather buy the one disk then, I have enough copies of American Idiot already :ninja: 

2 hours ago, Koal Koalson said:

They shouldn't tarnished the cd having having the dvd included lol 

56 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

They shouldn't tarnished the cd having having the dvd included lol 

Can it really be tarnished by footage of them making the album and playing a show? I know you think there should've been more in the DVD but there's really nothing that bad in what is there :P 

17 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Can it really be tarnished by footage of them making the album and playing a show? I know you think there should've been more in the DVD but there's really nothing that bad in what is there :P 

Badly edited shobby filming makes it bad as well...

40 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Badly edited shobby filming makes it bad as well...

Ehh I don't mind it, I think the idea was to show raw/unfussy footage of the band rather than a slick production. I can't think of another time I've seen so much footage of them just hanging out or making music in an informal setting, for me that's what's special about this and I don't need it to be polished to enjoy that aspect of it. 

19 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Ehh I don't mind it, I think the idea was to show raw/unfussy footage of the band rather than a slick production. I can't think of another time I've seen so much footage of them just hanging out or making music in an informal setting, for me that's what's special about this and I don't need it to be polished to enjoy that aspect of it. 

You forget Cuatro? 

32 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

You forget Cuatro? 

Yeah that's pretty good for it too, a lot of that still feels more formal than this though. Footage of them just naturally chatting and messing around that's more than a few seconds long is a rarely seen thing, I'll take more of that over nicely shot scenery etc. I like Cuatro but I like the more raw/DIY style of HLAHG too, just something different.

Archived