The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

5 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I think my absolute favourite thing about Foreverly is the high notes in Long Time Gone.:wub::wub::wub:

Long Time Gone is stuck in my head today :wub: I remember I first heard it the day when they announced the album and I loved it so much. It's so pure.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I think my absolute favourite thing about Foreverly is the high notes in Long Time Gone.:wub::wub::wub:

My favorite thing in Foreverly is probably the line "I'll go on pretending that my life is oh so gay", the high note at the beginning :wub: (in Oh So Many Years)

8 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

My favorite thing in Foreverly is probably the line "I'll go on pretending that my life is oh so gay", the high note at the beginning :wub: (in Oh So Many Years)

Billie's voice is just so beautiful throughout the entire album.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Guys we've noticed that this thread is becoming increasingly hard to follow because of posts that are off topic or basically spam. I don't want to stop anyone from fangirling, but this isn't a giant spam thread for posting anything you want, or posting just for the sake of constantly keeping the conversation going, or where every single GD related thing needs to be discussed, it's supposed to just be for fangirling when you have something to fangirl over. 

First please remember there are other threads, and not everything you post about in them also needs to be posted about here. Often you can just comment on an Instagram photo in the Instagram thread, or an article in the thread for the article, or make an observation about GD in Random GD Thoughts or threads relevant to the observation. There are times when it's appropriate to mention something from another thread here because you have some extra fangirly comments on it but it doesn't have to be that every single GD thing or every single GD related thought you have is automatically brought up here. We don't need two separate discussions about everything so if you can just comment in the relevant thread and don't have anything desperately fangirly to add that you couldn't possibly say there it's ok to leave it at that.

Second the number of pictures is getting a bit high again. I know it has to be vague because they're not banned from here but we do have a revealed thread and band member picture threads. So again unless it's to illustrate a point or a really fangirl worthy one try to keep them to a minimum here.

Third this isn't a place for off topic conversations/spam. There's already more than enough posts just from fangirling so whether a mod is here or not please cut that out, you can always have personal convos via PM or profile comments.

I enjoy this thread a lot myself but we need to make sure it's follow-able, on topic, and with posts being made because you have something to fangirl over and not just for the sake of keeping the posts going. I hope everyone will keep this in mind :) 

5 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

He has such a nice, almost raspy voice in Barbara Allen :wub:

Absolutely. :wub: I've binge watched this video:

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Second the number of pictures is getting a bit high again. I know it has to be vague because they're not banned from here but we do have a revealed thread and band member picture threads. So again unless it's to illustrate a point or a really fangirl worthy one try to keep them to a minimum here.

Third this isn't a place for off topic conversations/spam. There's already more than enough posts just from fangirling so whether a mod is here or not please cut that out, you can always have personal convos via PM or profile comments.

I hope everyone will keep this in mind :)

I would be concerned by the 2nd and 3rd points :sorry: so I'll keep all this in mind.

I think it's especially hard for the amount of pictures, it varies quite a lot, sometimes several of us feel like posting different pictures at the same time, and every picture of Billie is fangirl worthy :P, but personally I know I can adjust to others and post less of them. 

40 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

Absolutely. :wub: I've binge watched this video:

I would be concerned by the 2nd and 3rd points :sorry: so I'll keep all this in mind.

I think it's especially hard for the amount of pictures, it varies quite a lot, sometimes several of us feel like posting different pictures at the same time, and every picture of Billie is fangirl worthy :P, but personally I know I can adjust to others and post less of them. 

Yeah I know it's annoying that it's vague but I don't want to say "no pictures :mad:" so just have to bear in mind not to post so many that it's another picture thread

11 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

Lmao I'd say this was one of the less shitposty days :lol:

But I'm sorry looks like I'm wrong 

It actually is, but better to make the point now when people will see it than in the middle of crazy spam or whatever. Just some general things to keep in mind to stop the thread from getting out of control or too difficult to keep up with.

I feel concerned by your warning, @Hermione. I'm sorry if I went a bit out of topic.

Back on topic now:

3 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

This place needs more sassy dancing to Kill the DJ:

Billie is a weird dancer, but I love it! I will never get tired to watch him dancing. I wish he will do another dancing video on Instagram. The ones he did were so awesomes!

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

On the other hand, Mike has some killer moves. Dude can dance.

When I saw them last year I watched Mike when I could (barely) pull my eyes away from Billie. I loved watching the way Mike's feet moved around when he played :lol:

Not sure if, as a male, I can necessarily fangirl, but it's worth a shot.

I guess the thing he's done that I fan over the most was when he was singing King For a Day and flashed his arse during the 'everything nice wasn't made for only girls' line. And I'll always love that he's so openly bisexual - I only really got into the band at the same time as I was questioning myself, so it was just great to find that out.

And the cutest Billie Joe is from the 21CB tour. There's just something about the hair that gets me. :wub:

Edit: Turns out male fangirling is acceptable. I read the first page.

1 hour ago, NickTheToaster said:

I guess the thing he's done that I fan over the most was when he was singing King For a Day and flashed his arse during the 'everything nice wasn't made for only girls' line. And I'll always love that he's so openly bisexual - I only really got into the band at the same time as I was questioning myself, so it was just great to find that out.

And the cutest Billie Joe is from the 21CB tour. There's just something about the hair that gets me. :wub:

You do well at fangirling :ga:

I started getting into Billie's blonde hair with the curly / mid-long / black-rooted blonde hair he had somewhere in Cuatro. :lol:

Black hair will always be my favorite on Billie, but this is worth fangirling. :wub:

1 hour ago, Kuromignonne said:

I started getting into Billie's blonde hair with the curly / mid-long / black-rooted blonde hair he had somewhere in Cuatro. :lol:

Black hair will always be my favorite on Billie, but this is worth fangirling. :wub:

Thanks!

I'm not actually a fan of that, it just seems like a bit of a mess. Duotone is not my thing. And black hair doesn't have the same wow factor.

Blonde Billie and no Insomniac? You and Judi will get along well for sure. :P

And welcome to the fingirls thread, you're more than welcome! 

12 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

Blonde Billie and no Insomniac? You and Judi will get along well for sure. :P

And welcome to the fingirls thread, you're more than welcome! 

Judi has time for only one Aussie.

In fact she is too busy for even me atm. 

3 hours ago, NickTheToaster said:

Please don't mention that song.

5 hours ago, NickTheToaster said:

Welcome, to possibly the craziest thread!  I love 21CB Billie, the short blonde hair in your link is awesome, as is @Kuromignonne link, don't think the hair is that different, they are both same era and not taken too far apart.  Billie has to be the only person who can get away with that blonde hair growing out look, anyone else would look ridiculous.

Think they are great at making everyone fell welcome and included, all welcome, anything goes and all done with humour.

3 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

I'm not that much of a fan of blonde Billie either, but this picture, wow :wub: I think I'll make it my new phone background now. 

Welcome @NickTheToaster, and I agree that 21CB blonde Billie is the epitome of beauty. Not just Billie Joe beauty, all beauty. The pics from that era can take your breath away. Something about the hair brings out his eyes, and then just the right amount of eyeliner. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not very hopeful he'll ever go back to blonde again. He might be thinking he's too old to color his hair, and going from dark to blonde is so damaging that you literally have to cut it all off for it to recover.

9 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Welcome @NickTheToaster, and I agree that 21CB blonde Billie is the epitome of beauty. Not just Billie Joe beauty, all beauty. The pics from that era can take your breath away. Something about the hair brings out his eyes, and then just the right amount of eyeliner. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not very hopeful he'll ever go back to blonde again. He might be thinking he's too old to color his hair, and going from dark to blonde is so damaging that you literally have to cut it all off for it to recover.

Never say never, I don’t think age would stop him, he went blonde most recently just last year.  It could happen.  And even though blonde isn’t my favorite, I love the 21CB era in general for his many awesome looks and how amazing his voice sounded on that tour. 

And welcome @NickTheToaster Always a pleasure to welcome new fangirls/boys. It’s all good. 

I've just re-watched GD's performance at the Global Citizen festival and I've noticed so many beautiful moments that I missed the first time round.:wub: They all looked so happy and smiley and gorgeous.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: And I think that might be my favourite ever performance of BOBD.:wub::wub::wub:

The fact that Billie is blonde is the only reason I don't like to watch the 2009 MTV World Stage performance in Munich so much although it is a killer show. And yes, that's an unpopular opinon :D  He is just so blonde that it looks almost yellow and that's just ugh. I can live with the pic @Kuromignonne posted though, but black is my fav.

31 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

The fact that Billie is blonde is the only reason I don't like to watch the 2009 MTV World Stage performance in Munich so much although it is a killer show. And yes, that's an unpopular opinon :D  He is just so blonde that it looks almost yellow and that's just ugh. I can live with the pic @Kuromignonne posted though, but black is my fav.

To me the bleach job but with black roots is the way to go. 

Sometimes he goes too blonde, i like it a bit dirty :D

31 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

Count me in as another black haired fan.  I particularly didn't like the extremely short hair he had during part of 21CB.  The only blond hair I really like was at the 2008 Pinhead Gunpowder show.  If it's going to be blond,  I prefer it to be wild and out of control.

Archived