The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

I fell in love with the American Idiot album without having seen or recalling the band members' faces. I was convinced they were fat and bald. I don't care how ugly they are, the music is awesome and I would still think so if they all looked like hobos.

According to my parents I was humming Dookie tracks as a little tot (It was always playing on our stereo). The first time I saw Billie Mike and Tre I was about 3-4 years old watching a Green Day interview on TV with my dad. It was during Billie's 'blue hair' phase. That was the first vivid image of Billie that was engrained in my head and it hasn't gotten out since. I can safely say their image and music are both influential components to my love for them - but the music did get to me first ;)

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's definitely shorter than Billie which is funny because every one always comments on how small Billie is (the media especially always calling him impish and pint size, ughhhh) and no one ever seems to mention Tre's height. Sorry to stray off topic...

Hardly off topic! I guess it's because Billie's the frontman and all. It would be strange for an outsider if the media started drawing attention to the height of a drummer, no matter how important he is to us.

Huh, really. I thought Billie was the shortest of them (hence my placement of his face in my gif sig). But he's really cute and petite, I remember a clip of him standing next to Will Ferrel, and he had to have a riser :)

Huh, really. I thought Billie was the shortest of them (hence my placement of his face in my gif sig). But he's really cute and petite, I remember a clip of him standing next to Will Ferrel, and he had to have a riser :)

Yeah, I think it's more because he's just overall tiny compared to Tré and Mike. I love your signature, it made me laugh so much when I first saw it :lol:

He's definitely shorter than Billie which is funny because every one always comments on how small Billie is (the media especially always calling him impish and pint size, ughhhh) and no one ever seems to mention Tre's height. Sorry to stray off topic...

I honestly never noticed lol I always thought Billie was the shortest :)

Never been one for fanfiction, but I've always found that sort of writing weird. I'm quite reserved, and I don't like giving aspects of my personality or preferences away either, so unless I'm wearing my one, lonely Green Day t shirt (which isn't that often) you wouldn't know I was a fan.

Same here. I find fan fiction disturbing...

I HAVE Green Day shirts, but I never wear them. I only have three Green Day posters on my wall and only one of them features the band members. But this is only because I'm kind of paranoid and creeped out by the though of having Green Day "looking at me" all the time. Especially if I were to undress or something. I guess I could hang up some more posters and just put little blindfolds on them.:lol: But their eyes are one of their best qualities.:( I'm so weird!:cry:

Also, to clear things up, Tré is 5'6", Billie is 5'7", and Mike is 5'10".

Totally. Tre loves your mom.

My daughter Got me back into GD American Idiot era( I still have Dookie on cassette!), and I got pretty fangirly- she said "Mom, it's totally gross, you having such a big crush on him." I told her "I am the same age as him. It's totally normal. It would be gross if YOU had a crush on him."

oh- and as for anyone bashing their wives, they seriously need to grow up. I am possibly a bigger Adrienne fan than Billie...The relationship they have is part of why l love them so much.

This! Adrienne is awesome. She seems like such a nice lady :)

Tre is shorter but he's more.... substantial.... than Billie, so he seems bigger :D

You learn something new everyday.

Tre is shorter but he's more.... substantial.... than Billie, so he seems bigger :D

Haha substantial is perfect!

I honestly never noticed lol I always thought Billie was the shortest :)

I thought so too but only because I always pay extra close attention to Billie, but even without the two inch creepers and with Tre's extra high pompadour Billie's still got about two inches on him

When I finally got to see Billie in person I was like...wow I am much shorter than him but I feel like I could fit him in my pocket..he just looks so..snack-sized to me Lol.

(that came out wrong :P )

When I finally got to see Billie in person I was like...wow I am much shorter than him but I feel like I could fit him in my pocket..he just looks so..snack-sized to me Lol.

(that came out wrong :P )

Nope snack sized is a perfect descriptor for Billie! Substantial Tre and Snack sized Billie, now someone come up with one for Mike.

Magic Mike, duh :P

That's brilliant.

And going back to the topic on fanfiction, I have different opinions. I don't like pointless fantasies about how the writer ends up with Billie. That's a no-no. But I find Trillie slash extremely cute, although I avoid reading them because I don't want to be a pervert, which is pretty hard when it comes to Green Day. I just think the idea of Trillie/Trike/Bike is adorable, or maybe I'm just crazy. This is a quote from BJ about slash:

"Tre reads the dirty ones. I've read a few. It's flattering and sort of weird at the same time. I don't really know what to think about young girls thinking about old men like that. But the ones I have read were very well-written and as long as kids these days are still being creative and writing, then I think it's cool."

How cute :)

I am looking for a video about what Billie Joe Armstrong's soul mate would be like if he had one. People look at me weird whenever I mention it and it gets irritating. I didn't choose what the video would be about, somebody else chose. So I am trying to give out details that do not relate to the words "soul mate". There you go... there is my confession.

Oh, their heights! I think I might have forgotten but is this it?

BJA: 5'6

MD: 5'10 (he's the tall-ish member)

TC: 5'4

Billie is 5'7" and Tré is 5'6". Where did you find that out, because I'm pretty sure it's wrong.

I thought billie was the shortest whaaaat

I wonder if I would like Green Day less if they were gross-looking :( The thought makes me sad

that makes me sad for you.

I thought billie was the shortest whaaaat

No, he just has a delicate, petite build. :happy: Tré is huskier and more muscular so he looks bigger than Billie. Mass wise, he probably is, but not in height.

I'm not entirely sure; that's what I was asking. :P He's pint sized, I know that...

I see. Though I suppose you can still relate to him in the sense that many of his lyrics, especially the older ones, take a young male perspective.

In fact, as I was saying yesterday, Billie Joe also writes often from a girl's perspective and I genuinely believe that's the main reason Green Day has such a solid female fan base.

Examples of him writing from a girl's perspective? Most of the girls that I know that like Green Day are hardcore fangirls that say Billie is "so hawt." Not being mean, just being honest.

Most of the girls that I know that like Green Day are hardcore fangirls that say Billie is "so hawt." Not being mean, just being honest.

Well, to be fair... he is. :wub::lol:

Omg fanfiction hahaha, i already read a few fics on Facebook, all of them are mostly about being in a relationship with Billie, but i have to admit that the fics are very sweet and creative, it had some "hot and sexy" parts, but not pervert at all. Sometimes i enjoyed read them but then i feel silly about it, sometimes i can't stop :lol:

Good i love this thread, i feel that i can let it out all my fangirl problems :P

Examples of him writing from a girl's perspective? Most of the girls that I know that like Green Day are hardcore fangirls that say Billie is "so hawt." Not being mean, just being honest.

Girls' perspective, or showing heavy sympathy towards women, which is kind of what I meant:

-She

-One For The Razorbacks

-Church on Sunday

-Viva La Gloria?

-Parts of Haushinka

- Extraordinary Girl

-Westbound Sign

Also, he likes to present strong female characters such as in:

- She's a Rebel

-Viva La Gloria!

-Blood, Sex and Booze

And not being funny, but do none of the girls posting in this thread strike you as having an interest in the band's music more than their looks? Or are you convinced we're all that shallow, too?

I am looking for a video about what Billie Joe Armstrong's soul mate would be like if he had one. People look at me weird whenever I mention it and it gets irritating. I didn't choose what the video would be about, somebody else chose. So I am trying to give out details that do not relate to the words "soul mate". There you go... there is my confession.

So when and where did you see it? I could help...

Girls' perspective, or showing heavy sympathy towards women, which is kind of what I meant:

-She

-One For The Razorbacks

-Church on Sunday

-Viva La Gloria?

-Parts of Haushinka

- Extraordinary Girl

-Westbound Sign

Also, he likes to present strong female characters such as in:

- She's a Rebel

-Viva La Gloria!

-Blood, Sex and Booze

And not being funny, but do none of the girls posting in this thread strike you as having an interest in the band's music more than their looks? Or are you convinced we're all that shallow, too?

Well if you just like green day for their looks i'm sorry but that's just sad. Their music is so great and the looks are just bonus!

I think a healthy amount of fangirling is good and if you are obsessive just tone it down. Like don't comment on the guys instagram saying you want their babies you just look pathetic and annoying.

I'm interested first and foremost in their music. I love their music to death, and it isn't only that it sounds good, but that the lyrics are moving. Their songs have helped me through a lot of the crap in my life. That's what made me love them in the first place; their music. When I first heard them and fell in love with them I had no idea what they looked like. I also love them as people: I love the close relationships they have with each other, I find them hugely inspiring as people and as brilliant musicians. That doesn't mean that I don't also think they're attractive; I do. Very much so. But I'm not shallow enough to like a band for their looks, that's just a nice bonus.

Oh and yeah, I'm guilty of some fangirling. Depending on your definition, though. I'm not the type of person who would post ridiculous comments about how 'hawt' they look or about having their babies or anything so ridiculous. But I do get rather overexcited and overemotional when it comes to Green Day sometimes (I'm like that with Harry Potter too.) :D And I'm not ashamed, because these things mean a lot to me, so of course they're going to make me a little crazy sometimes. x)

I remember when I was 13, I started to listen to Green Day.. for sure I was completely in love with Billie, and I can't deny it! Then I understood that it went deeper than "omg Billie is so cute!".. their songs helped me through my life and thanks to them I've changed so much..

I think that it's normal to "prefer one member of the band" but I must admit that girls today are exaggerated.. the word "fangirling" is different from my experiences XD

Maybe they are too obsessed with them..

Well if you just like green day for their looks i'm sorry but that's just sad. Their music is so great and the looks are just bonus!

I think a healthy amount of fangirling is good and if you are obsessive just tone it down. Like don't comment on the guys instagram saying you want their babies you just look pathetic and annoying.

Well, that is what I've been saying... and do people really do that on instagram? :sick: I'm honestly humiliated for them...

I'm interested first and foremost in their music. I love their music to death, and it isn't only that it sounds good, but that the lyrics are moving. Their songs have helped me through a lot of the crap in my life. That's what made me love them in the first place; their music. When I first heard them and fell in love with them I had no idea what they looked like. I also love them as people: I love the close relationships they have with each other, I find them hugely inspiring as people and as brilliant musicians. That doesn't mean that I don't also think they're attractive; I do. Very much so. But I'm not shallow enough to like a band for their looks, that's just a nice bonus.

Oh and yeah, I'm guilty of some fangirling. Depending on your definition, though. I'm not the type of person who would post ridiculous comments about how 'hawt' they look or about having their babies or anything so ridiculous. But I do get rather overexcited and overemotional when it comes to Green Day sometimes (I'm like that with Harry Potter too.) :D And I'm not ashamed, because these things mean a lot to me, so of course they're going to make me a little crazy sometimes. x)

I would say my occasional outbursts of 'fangirling' are more to do with how I feel about a particular song or album or something, than band members themselves.

Archived