The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may or may not have dragged my parents to multiple supermarkets, newsagents and bookstores in search of that copy of Rolling Stone. :rolleyes:

I didn't cry but I felt highly emotional when I read it. I was having a slightly rough patch at the time and reading it somehow made me feel better, even though it was quite dark in places. It felt so intimate and comforting.

On a lighter note, Billie looked absolutely peng on the cover. Dem tats.

No, I do not care that I just used the word 'peng'. It fits perfectly.

I didn't cry at it because I'm not much of a cryer, but I read it ages before it was widely available and so for months afterwards people were still coming up to me going "Hey! Did you know Billie was on the cover of Rolling Stone?" and I'd be like, "Yeah, I saw and read the whole thing before it even hit the newsstands."

This! I felt so badass :lol:

I may or may not have dragged my parents to multiple supermarkets, newsagents and bookstores in search of that copy of Rolling Stone. :rolleyes:

I didn't cry but I felt highly emotional when I read it. I was having a slightly rough patch at the time and reading it somehow made me feel better, even though it was quite dark in places. It felt so intimate and comforting.

I waited way too long to get it, and ended up having to get it on Ebay haha.

I cry at pretty much everything, but even if I wasn't a crier, I definitely still would have felt really emotional about it. I didn't realize at the time how bad of a situation he was really in. Now I can't even look at pictures or videos or ANYTHING from I heart radio because it makes me sad. I mean, I get why people joke about it and stuff, I just really don't like it. :(

And, I had to look up "peng" lol. Yes, I agree he looked VERY peng on the cover!

Fangirl Confession - I sobbed at that article :(

+1 and then a lot of good things unfolded, because we learn from the best, don't we?

The T-shirt inside out was one of my fave things back in mid-90s. :wub:

...so was this photo. I am almost sad most people don't seem to be swooning over it.

tumblr_mqxdjr5UYk1sv8va6o1_500.jpg

+1 and then a lot of good things unfolded, because we learn from the best, don't we?

...so was this photo. I am almost sad most people don't seem to be swooning over it.

BILLIE IN WHITE *hnnnnnngtesticlesboom*

Kinda late to this... but I fangirled over that RS magazine cover really hard as well :wub::blush:

oh man! *___*

and the caption in German :lol:

I am now, if that makes you feel any better. :wub:

Whoa. :) Glad to know I'm not alone. That's got to be one of the best photos of Billie Joe, ever. :)

Also, BRAVO's photo captions in general used to be and probably still are a major WTF.

Aww Billie, back in the chubby days :lol:

He was even chubbier in the Nimrod days. :lol:

The Chubby Elvis Billie.

I remember that Friday when it came out I went to three different places to get it! :lol: I eventually found it!

Whether skinny or chubby... all Billies are "nom nom nom" :creep:

omg :lol:(although I prefer the non-chubby version)

And the leopard thong was the hottest thing ever :eyebrows::lol:
BRING IT BACK, BILLIE! :mad: /guess this also belongs in the "GD Looks" thread :P

Also, BRAVO's photo captions in general used to be and probably still are a major WTF.

THIS xD

He's fucking sexy & beautiful.... Always. :wub:

Y'know as Flo said " nom nom nom "

Shame on me... :sorry: It's not my fault, he's just toooo hawt.

He's fucking sexy & beautiful.... Always. :wub:

Y'know as Flo said " nom nom nom "

Shame on me... :sorry: It's not my fault, he's just toooo hawt.

There's no shame in the fangirl game. ;)

It's true! Sometimes I'll go on Instagram and search for #billiejoearmstrong, and then just look at pictures for wayyyy too long. He just gets hotter and hotter!

When it comes to Green Day, I've got no shame left!

I don't think Billie has ever really been chubby. At all. He just had 3% more body fat in him in the late 90s and early noughties. That and he wouldn't lay off the burritos, I guess.

There is; your restraining order from GD is not a trophy of any kind.

I think the kind of behaviour that leads to a restraining order goes beyond regular 'fangirling'. It better deserves the label 'psycho stalker'.

It's true! Sometimes I'll go on Instagram and search for #billiejoearmstrong, and then just look at pictures for wayyyy too long. He just gets hotter and hotter!

He's like a fine wine; he improves with age. He'll be crowned Mr World without participating by sixty.

I wish. :lol:

I don't think Billie has ever really been chubby. At all. He just had 3% more body fat in him in the late 90s and early noughties. That and he wouldn't lay off the burritos, I guess.

Sheldon thinks so....

Aww Billie, back in the chubby days :lol:

I don't think he was chubby during the Insomniac promo shows and the tour at all; but he was somewhat fat during Nimrod and Warning, perhaps 10-15 kg extra.

But he looked like a huggable teddy bear either way. :)

But he looked like a huggable teddy bear either way. :)

Aaaaww a teddy bear, i like that :wub:

Archived