The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooohh all of these confessions about the shows and the band just landed in Australia make me think how I miss those times and those feelings like oh-my-god-I-am-gonna-watch-them. I want another show :(

When do you guys think they will do another tour?

My guess is around 2015 / 2016...

Pretty optimistic, prsonnally I thought there will be an European tour about... 2020 :P

Also I've never had a problem with needing to pee at a concert. At one show I went to I was pounding Gatorade all day long because I was feeling sick but once the concert started I didn't need to pee because I sweated so much :P

I typically take about 5 bathroom breaks in the last hour of line waiting, just so I'm certain I won't have to pee during the show. My stupid paranoia. Going to a concert is an all-day, perfectly planned ordeal for me. :lol:

I want them to take a nice break, then sit down, screw their good music-making heads back on, give us a new album, and tour in 2016.

Ugh, that sounds SO far away. Like, I'll be 25. I feel like I'll be too old to mosh then. :lol:

I hope you guys know that Green Day buys those water bottles for you! They aren't provided by the venue, they're provided by the band.

Yet more reasons to love GD :)

I actually didn't know that! (Like I said, that was my first real pit!) That's pretty awesome. It really helped me out. That explains why I was desperately looking at security, begging for water at the NFG show and they looked at me like I was from another planet. :lol:

I typically take about 5 bathroom breaks in the last hour of line waiting, just so I'm certain I won't have to pee during the show. My stupid paranoia. Going to a concert is an all-day, perfectly planned ordeal for me. :lol:

Ugh, that sounds SO far away. Like, I'll be 25. I feel like I'll be too old to mosh then. :lol:

Same :lol:. Last time it was the heaviest day of my period too so my paranoia was through the roof. Went with a tampon, huge sanitary towel and wad of tissue combo on my last toilet trip to make sure.

And lol if I can mosh at a Green Day show I'm sure you'll be fine :P. I don't think I'd ever pass out or anything like that in a pit, at Shepherds Bush I was hotter than I've ever been in my life, completely soaking wet from head to toe with sweat and couldn't imagine being any hotter, and several people including my sister passed out. Always had the fear in the back of my mind that I could pass out at a show but I now feel invincible having survived that!

I had no idea you had your period. You did seem a bit absent-minded and tired, but I thought you were tired.

Yep, I had period and it came the day before and I was so sick that my mum said me "Maybe it's better stay home" WHAT

Btw yeah at the end I was also tired because I had low blood pressure and when I have period in summer I don't feel very well bbbbut who care I got an excellent spot and I saw Green Day

Same, mostly because the teachers suck and don't understand that five minutes between class, 3 on fridays, is not enough time to pee. :P Iron bladders!

My teacher allow you to go to the bathroom "Only if it's urgently!" :dry:

Last spring when I saw them, I was soooooooo sweaty by the end it looked like I peed myself.......thought of Fergie with new sympathy. It was embarrassing because my sweat didn't show on my Idiot Club t shirt, just my pants. :-(

I hope you guys know that Green Day buys those water bottles for you! They aren't provided by the venue, they're provided by the band.

Yet more reasons to love GD :)

Oh I didn't know that.. So thanks Green Day! ! :)

That happened to me the first time I saw RHCP in Vienna. It was December and they overheated the indoor venue and I think every single nook of me was sweating. The fact that I had long sleeves wasn't helping much, either.

Ironically, at both of the Green Day shows I went to, the one Ilaria is mentioning and the one in Belgrade, it was raining at one point or another.

Pretty optimistic, prsonnally I thought there will be an European tour about... 2020 :P

My God, no :cry::cry::cry:

Ironically, at both of the Green Day shows I went to, the one Ilaria is mentioning and the one in Belgrade, it was raining at one point or another.

I was at HJF in 2010, enough said :lol:

Then in Bologna (My first Green Day gig) I was like "It's covereddd" but in Locarno, when they were opening and it was raining so fucking much I was really scared, really.

Then Green Day came out and yeah :ga:

Locarno was epic under the rain!

Well, in 2010 they canceled the concert because of too much rain so no epic :lol:

Wake Me Up When September Ends, combined with light rain and stars starting to appear in the sky, with mountain peaks everywhere around the piazza is one of the most amazing experiences that Ilaria, I and a bunch of others were a part of. I wish the rest of you in this thread to experience something as scary-symbolic as that during a Green Day show. :)

That was awesome! It was touching

Let's talk about BJ and the water gun and "Ehy Billie, it's already raining!"
I was all wet :lol:

I cried. For Wake Me Up...not the water gun. My father was dying from cancer in, well, September 2010 and passed away 30-ish hours into October. I had no courage to listen to that song until it was played live in Locarno, we would turn off the radio whenever it was on, fast forward Bullet in the Bible DVD and whatnot.

The moment when I was no longer able to get away from that song was the moment I probably realised that one cannot get away from anything that had already happened. And the girl who was in front of you, Ilaria, grabbed my hand and hugged me, asking me if I was OK.

During the next song, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Billie Joe came to us, kneeled and smiled. We were still hugging each other at that point and I cried again, assuming he had noticed we were somewhat distressed before that. She just said: "Oh, dio mio!"

<3

I cried. For Wake Me Up...not the water gun. My father was dying from cancer in, well, September 2010 and passed away 30-ish hours into October. I had no courage to listen to that song until it was played live in Locarno, we would turn off the radio whenever it was on, fast forward Bullet in the Bible DVD and whatnot.

The moment when I was no longer able to get away from that song was the moment I probably realised that one cannot get away from anything that had already happened. And the girl who was in front of you, Ilaria, grabbed my hand and hugged me, asking me if I was OK.

During the next song, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Billie Joe came to us, kneeled and smiled. We were still hugging each other at that point and I cried again, assuming he had noticed we were somewhat distressed before that. She just said: "Oh, dio mio!"

<3

Awww, I am very sorry to hear about your father. I hope that the concert made you at least feel better for a few hours.

Awww, I am very sorry to hear about your father. I hope that the concert made you at least feel better for a few hours.

Thanks, it did. And I think he would've loved to know that I finally saw Green Day in 2013...not one time, but two times. :)

BTW, Ilaria's current avatar was one of my favourite photos in 1995, when I was a "closeted fan". I found it in a magazine and I cut out Billie from it and kept him in my wallet. :D I probably still have that cutout somewhere, alongside one photo where he looks like a sad puppy and one where he's with blonde hair and seated next to a German journo.

I still cry every time I think about how hard it must have been for Billie to sing WMUWSE on the 30th anniversary of his dad's death at Irving Plaza.

Those are the wounds that never heal, and I admire him for the courage for actually having written that song, let alone managing to sing it on that date. Channeling traumatic experiences and loss of a parent into such simple words is hard.

One is never too old for the front row(s). :)

Yes! But one can be too douchy for front rows.

Agreed.

When I was a teenager, I would joke about going to a Green Day show with a skunk in my hand, precisely because of that. XD Once again, too many cartoons.

I still cry every time I think about how hard it must have been for Billie to sing WMUWSE on the 30th anniversary of his dad's death at Irving Plaza.

I can't watch that damn video of it anymore because it pains me to see him like that.

My teacher allow you to go to the bathroom "Only if it's urgently!" :dry:

Mine all suck. And they really have a problem with a student going at the same time every day. But I didn't eat when I was in school, I literally just drank 3-5 bottles of water a day and was constantly having to pee.

Agreed.

When I was a teenager, I would joke about going to a Green Day show with a skunk in my hand, precisely because of that. XD Once again, too many cartoons.

I really can't stand douchebags at concerts. Come on man, we're all here because we love this band.

I really can't stand douchebags at concerts. Come on man, we're all here because we love this band.

Some people really, really are there to be seen and they almost don't care about the rest of the show.

A girl we waited in a line with in Locarno was asking my friend to transcribe the lyrics of Longview (which she called "Longvee") with German reading rules so she could learn it by heart in case she gets on stage. I just...can't.

When he screams "Daddy..." fucking kill me now :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh god I know. :cry:

THAT REALLY FUCKING HURT.

Some people really, really are there to be seen and they almost don't care about the rest of the show.

A girl we waited in a line with in Locarno was asking my friend to transcribe the lyrics of Longview (which she called "Longvee") with German reading rules so she could learn it by heart in case she gets on stage. I just...can't.

Are you fucking serious? If you don't already know the lyrics don't try to get onstage, politetly decline if they try to bring you onstage. People like that shouldn't be onstage, that should be an experience for the die hard Green Day fans. Or at least the ones who learned the song in advance, not the fucking day of the show.

To both of you: yes. It obviously means a lot to get looked at, be smiled at, even be pointed at, but begging for it just rings odd.

It was a great deal of LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME BILLIE I'M HERE throughout the Locarno show. Ask Ilaria. We were right in front of Mike but most people near us were more or less ignoring Mike and trying to get Billie's attention. And Mike was...being Mike. Throwing us picks, smiling at us and whatnot. :)

I can understand wanting to be seen by your idol, but that shouldn't overshadow the entire show! You're there to enjoy the music, not get Billie's attention.

Exactly! At least half the people in that stadium or that club consider him their idol as well, what makes you more important than them?

Archived