The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you guys going to see gd? where are you both from?

lol still wrong thread ash! not the first time this week :lol:

Incorrect. Monday is Billie's birthday and I'm sad I can't celebrate all day. That's what we're talking about :P

Incorrect. Monday is Billie's birthday and I'm sad I can't celebrate all day. That's what we're talking about :P

yes looks like i forgot about this :P

*see the post above

I wanted to name my kid after Billie at one point. Don't think I'd do that now.

The term 'fangirl' is still sort of wrong, as many 'fangirls' grow out of whatever band they like, whereas I don't think that happens to Green Day fans.

I once watched Bullet In A Bible with my mom :lol: even the Hitchin' A Ride scene.

Just once?

Pfft, amateur.

The term 'fangirl' is still sort of wrong, as many 'fangirls' grow out of whatever band they like, whereas I don't think that happens to Green Day fans.

Makes sense. Also, many people take it all to a higher level and still get taken for granted even if they do research on an artist or a band and so on...just because they're female. :(

(I'm glad you got my weird joke when I quoted Sofia quoting me, btw...)

I've been running a website for another musician for ten years this April. I still get called a bitch, slut, whore, groupie and whatnot. That's why I think female fans of, well, anything, need to be less stereotyped.

Oh, by the way, once you reach 100 posts - there's a Clubs section that will reveal itself to you and there's a Feminist club.

(Also open to lads, and other persons.)

OK, I have to be honest. I don't enjoy or feel comfortable fangirling. I remember when I was twelve and getting into Green Day: I saw a picture of Billie Joe, after having listened to the whole of American Idiot to the point that I could recite the lyrics, and thought "yeah, he's as a attractive as all of those girls were claiming". I immediately recoiled at my own thoughts and told myself I liked the band solely for their music. Even then, I'm still guilty of occasionally getting excited over nice instagram photos and being a little too emotional when people bash them.

There's way too much of a stigma attached to the label of 'fangirl'. It's sexist as hell, and with this thread I want you all, male, female, trans, whatever, to be honest about even the creepiest, strangest, most obsessive thing you've done in relation to Green Day. You've all done it ONCE, if never again.

I'll start. Nothing too bad (I think!) but I have put myself mentally in scenarios where I've met the band members. I think by now I've perfected my routine. If it ever happens, I hope it goes to plan! I've watched those countdowns on MTV and VH1 etc all the way through in the hope of seeing Green Day.

Be honest and don't post just to tell me you never fangirl/boy or to make fun of people. I think there are some guys on this forum who consider some female users to be inferior to them simply because they may be a little more emotionally attached to the band at times or like to spring the fangirl label on them for simply finding a joke funny *coughpsyisherpesthreadcough*.

I agree with you. I think the term 'fangirl' is extremely sexist. I think many Green Day fans get excited when they see something to do with the band (I made my family watch all the way through to the end of the credits while watching Twilight Breaking dawn part two, just so I could see the name Green Day at the end, lol!). It is not abnormal for a girl to have a favourite band, and it is unfair that you rarely hear the term 'fanboy'.

(I'm glad you got my weird joke when I quoted Sofia quoting me, btw...)

I've been running a website for another musician for ten years this April. I still get called a bitch, slut, whore, groupie and whatnot. That's why I think female fans of, well, anything, need to be less stereotyped.

Oh, by the way, once you reach 100 posts - there's a Clubs section that will reveal itself to you and there's a Feminist club.

My pink betta fish is named Billie... :mellow:

You're not alone! :lol: My blue betta fish is named Billie! :D

Just once?

Pfft, amateur.

I've watched it multiple times with both my parents. :P And many more by myself.

OK, since I have only one parent remaining and the dog doesn't count, you win! :o:P

My parents never sat through the whole thing though, usually leaving before hitchin a ride. :creep:

I'm working on a collage for Billie's b-day that has almost 200 pics. KILL ME

Also: kPIi4LC.gif

:mellow: a flying Billie rainbow pizza tart

Your siggie is too early :mad:

Just once?
Pfft, amateur.

I watched it multiple times with my sis :mad::P still have to watch Cuatro with my mom.

I'm working on a collage for Billie's b-day that has almost 200 pics. KILL ME

Also: kPIi4LC.gif

:mellow: a flying Billie rainbow pizza tart

Your siggie is too early :mad:

Mine's at 50. :blink:

No I just put my siggy first because I love him the most. :D

i totally forgot about his birthday well

so i just wanna know is there a gdc video birthday organized?

HOW CAN YOU FORGET ABOUT IT?

And no. :unsure: I was planning to organize a "normal" collab video instead of a Billie one =/

No I just put my siggy first because I love him the most. :D

SCUSE ME QURL!? :fuckyou:

:P

You need to move Billie to the right in your sig, so he overakes the real Nyan cats. Because it's him, duh, he MUST be faster.

i totally forgot about his birthday well

so i just wanna know is there a gdc video birthday organized?

I was going to, but I wasn't sure if anyone wanted to join me. :unsure:

Archived