The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

So, last night I saw Paramore and they were AMAZING. It was an incredible show, and I had a great time...

My confession - Now I just want to go see Green Day again lol. It's like a curse! Even when you are enjoying another band, Green Day is still right there on your mind!

However, I didn't want to say anything to Bryan because I didn't want him to think I wasn't having fun, but as soon as the concert was over he leaned over to me and said "Ok, we NEED to see Green Day next time they tour" lol. So that was pretty validating :D

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, last night I saw Paramore and they were AMAZING. It was an incredible show, and I had a great time...

My confession - Now I just want to go see Green Day again lol. It's like a curse! Even when you are enjoying another band, Green Day is still right there on your mind!

However, I didn't want to say anything to Bryan because I didn't want him to think I wasn't having fun, but as soon as the concert was over he leaned over to me and said "Ok, we NEED to see Green Day next time they tour" lol. So that was pretty validating :D

This is what's gonna happen this weekend when I see New Found Glory and Alkaline Trio. I've never seen either band live and I've always loved NFG, so I'm really excited, but both bands are clearly influenced by Green Day so it's just going to make my desire to see them live even worse.

I even had a Green Day-concert related dream again last night... (see the "sleeping and dreams" thread for further info.) :rolleyes:

That's right! It's almost ridiculous how I unconsciously compare every live concert to seeing Green Day live. Like, when I'm not totally into the music I always start thinking how "I'd rather be at a Green Day concert" or how the band that's playing could be doing stuff like Green Day does to entertain the crowd etc. GD kinda spoiled me as a concert goer I guess. :lol: Not that I haven't had fun at other concerts, because I have! I'm just not as easy to satisfy as most people concert wise.

That's right! It's almost ridiculous how I unconsciously compare every live concert to seeing Green Day live. Like, when I'm not totally into the music I always start thinking how "I'd rather be at a Green Day concert" or how the band that's playing could be doing stuff like Green Day does to entertain the crowd etc. GD kinda spoiled me as a concert goer I guess. :lol: Not that I haven't had fun at other concerts, because I have! I'm just not as easy to satisfy as most people concert wise.

This.

I'm having fun at all concerts but I always think "what would've Billie done?" etc, or how many songs were played and so on. :blush::lol:

I fangirled because GD won Best Rock at the EMAs :D

This is what's gonna happen this weekend when I see New Found Glory and Alkaline Trio. I've never seen either band live and I've always loved NFG, so I'm really excited, but both bands are clearly influenced by Green Day so it's just going to make my desire to see them live even worse.

I even had a Green Day-concert related dream again last night... (see the "sleeping and dreams" thread for further info.) :rolleyes:

This.

I'm having fun at all concerts but I always think "what would've Billie done?" etc, or how many songs were played and so on. :blush::lol:

I fangirled because GD won Best Rock at the EMAs :D

AHHHH I knew you guys would understand! I felt kind of bad about it, but I just can't help it! It didn't help that it was our first time back at that venue since we saw Green Day last, so we were reminiscing the entire time up to when the concert started.

Oh and I also saw a girl wearing the American Idiot converse and totally geeked out about it.

Hahah every time I see someone in a GD t-shirt I fangirl inside. And it's one of the best parts when going to a GD concert too, seeing so many people walking around in GD t-shirts and merch. I get this amazing feeling of union! :lol:

Hahah every time I see someone in a GD t-shirt I fangirl inside.

omg! Yes

Like that one time a guy in my course at university showed up with a 21CB shirt :lol: after the course I chased him and chatted with him about GD :ninja: haha

HIZZAH WHUZZAH WHAT WHAT BILLIE, EXCUSE YOU, YOU'RE GONNA SEE US ON TOUR SOON?!

I'm so fangirling about that too!!! :woot:

I don't fangirl when i see someone wearing Green Day merch, my only thought is that i'm going to mug that person and take "whatever GD merch" that person is wearing :lol:

But i remember one time i enter to this bar and i was wearing my 21sCB tshirt and i saw a guy wearing the same tshirt, it was so weird and we were just staring at each other :lol:

I'm fangirling about any combination of words "Green Day" and "tour" :woot:

hahahah it's probably gonna happen after the holidays though. b/c Jason has an Xmas concert with his other band back in little rock on xmas.

Omg when he said that about the tour I flipped my shit haha. I'm pretty sure I screamed "WHAT?? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???"

Well, obviously it'll happen after the holidays, there's not enough time for a tour between now and the end of the year :lol:

i am excited though. :)

Hahah every time I see someone in a GD t-shirt I fangirl inside. And it's one of the best parts when going to a GD concert too, seeing so many people walking around in GD t-shirts and merch. I get this amazing feeling of union! :lol:

When I was visiting a high school to interview some kids about a service project they were organizing, this kid walking down the hallway was wearing a trilogy shirt and I had to restrain myself from tackling him and taking it/grilling him with questions about his love of GD. Gotta, y'know, stay professional and everything. :lol:

HIZZAH WHUZZAH WHAT WHAT BILLIE, EXCUSE YOU, YOU'RE GONNA SEE US ON TOUR SOON?!

Again with the "soon." I'm not getting my hopes up. :dry:

Disclaimer: I'm in a pissy mood today. I'll probably fan girl about this tomorrow.

:ninja:

i never saw anyone with a gd shirt (beside at the show)

but holy shit i seriously hope the message from billie included north american dates (including montreal plz :wub:) because i'd be so sad if not knowing we were supposed to have a north american tour this fall.

LET'S HOPE

You know, I think we need to go a little bit deeper with the fangirling over Billie's EMA acceptance speech video. We got caught up in the tour comment (understandably).

First of all, the teensiest tiniest bit of facial hair he has going on is to die for. Same goes for his hair, which seemed to be extra messy and fluffy. AND the level of adorableness skyrocketed when he dipped out of the shot lol.

You know, I think we need to go a little bit deeper with the fangirling over Billie's EMA acceptance speech video. We got caught up in the tour comment (understandably).

First of all, the teensiest tiniest bit of facial hair he has going on is to die for. Same goes for his hair, which seemed to be extra messy and fluffy. AND the level of adorableness skyrocketed when he dipped out of the shot lol.

His hair was the best part :lol:

There's perfectly enough time to make money to go to more shows. Can't wait. ASDOPKV0V'K V+'45KB46

Billie's fluffy hair... endfswnegfewsngfsjnf

Jason's hair ESKJFASGFNHES BGJDOBI SHUHSJGVIOSJGIU SHGI AEBFIHAGSFUH ASFUASQ

Okay, I don't know if this is a fangirl confession or not, but if so I do have a slightly weird one...

My dad owns this great pizza place which is very popular in my town, and sometimes I end up fantasizing about bringing a pizza box (with the address in it) to a Green Day gig and throwing it on stage so they could taste it since it's known that they love pizza.

With all those hero essays, I almost feel the need to translate the one I wrote in May 1997. It was my last elementary school essay and I got a 5 (an A).

Archived