The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

When a GD song comes on the radio when my husband is driving - he rings to say GD are playing - aww he is so sweet. When I ask what is playing he say American Idiot everytime. He has no clue really. :lol:

Awww that's so cute though!! Bryan texted me the other night because Good Riddance was playing where he was. Except he called it Time Of Your Life which was annoying. And he should know better!

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awww that's so cute though!! Bryan texted me the other night because Good Riddance was playing where he was. Except he called it Time Of Your Life which was annoying. And he should know better!

If I remember rightly your husband is a fan of GD - my husband has completely different tastes in music. Love him though he came to 21CB tour with me. My son is coming to soundwave :)

If I remember rightly your husband is a fan of GD - my husband has completely different tastes in music. Love him though he came to 21CB tour with me. My son is coming to soundwave :)

He's a HUGE Green Day fan, which is why it was so annoying :-D

confession:

I'm fangirling over Billie's beard.

Shit,he's so beautiful omg.

tumblr_mvtccwIQbR1rf9k3oo2_1280.jpg

It looks so good in him. :happy: And I like beards generally, so... :lol: but I can't imagine Green Day with bearded men. :mellow:

Dat beard and dat fluffy hair!!! :runaround:

I have been listening to "long time gone" a lot this week. Billie's voice is just so beautiful :wub: . Confession: I often close my eyes when I listen to Billie singing and imagine that we're alone and it's all for me :blush:

A couple Green Day songs play at work and when one comes on, my one coworker (who happens to be my ex best friend) always looks at me and goes "Laaaurraaaaa"

I was driving my Mum in the car last night and Basket Case came on the radio. I made a point of saying, "Ooooh I never hear Green Day on the radio" (she knows I'm a massive fan), and I turned it up to sing along. So she proceeded to talk nonsense VERY LOUDLY over it! Have some respect woman, dammit!

Hearing a Green Day song on the radio is like a religious moment to me. I must listen to it until it ends and NO ONE should talk... If they do, well I won't be paying attention to what they say, sorry. :lol:

Hearing a Green Day song on the radio is like a religious moment to me. I must listen to it until it ends and NO ONE should talk... If they do, well I won't be paying attention to what they say, sorry. :lol:

Agreed!

I won a radio contest once, and Bryan actually recorded the audio when they announced my name on the air, and guess what they played directly after announcing my name... When I Come Around!!! It was so meant to be :wub:

Whenever my mom heard Green Day she always lets me know.

My mom does the same thing! She'll call me and say "I was in the store and Green Day came on and I was like I know that song!" I guess my mom is proud of the fact she knows Green Day ;)

Its funny how excited I feel when I hear a GD song on the radio when I could simply just be listening to them on my ipod :lol:

Its funny how excited I feel when I hear a GD song on the radio when I could simply just be listening to them on my ipod :lol:

Hearing them on the radio is a whole other experience. It's like other people are acknowledging that they are so awesome, that everyone gets to hear them!

Changing the subject for a second...

Does anyone else get really angry or upset when people post stuff about the iHeart Radio incident? I always see people posting pics and videos on Instagram and stuff, and making a complete joke of it. I'm sure I'm just way overly sensitive about it, but it really pisses me off! I'm not trying to be the next "Leave Britney alone!" guy or anything, but seriously... I just want to lecture everyone that thinks it's funny.

Does anyone else get really angry or upset when people post stuff about the iHeart Radio incident? I always see people posting pics and videos on Instagram and stuff, and making a complete joke of it. I'm sure I'm just way overly sensitive about it, but it really pisses me off! I'm not trying to be the next "Leave Britney alone!" guy or anything, but seriously... I just want to lecture everyone that thinks it's funny.

I don't know if everyone necessarily knows the severity of the situation. Diehard fans do, but casual fans or those on the outside probably don't realize how detrimental his addictions were to his overall health, they just see it as another funny celeb breakdown, a la "Britney shaved her head." Especially since he only did one interview about it post-rehab and the whole thing was just dropped, media-wise.

But yes, it does piss me off typically.

It didn't really make any news here. It was more that they were releasing a trilogy & a intimate tour & then nothing.

Ugh, you search anything Green Day and iHeart is the only thing that comes up.

I don't know if everyone necessarily knows the severity of the situation. Diehard fans do, but casual fans or those on the outside probably don't realize how detrimental his addictions were to his overall health, they just see it as another funny celeb breakdown, a la "Britney shaved her head." Especially since he only did one interview about it post-rehab and the whole thing was just dropped, media-wise.

And as a rational adult I understand that :)

BUT as a freaking crazy ass irrational Green Day fan/Billie Joe fangirl I just want to school all these people and be like "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT HE WAS GOING THROUGH??? ITS NOT FREAKING FUNNY!!!!"

But instead I just keep my mouth shut :P

I guess it is the same with the "wake up comments" - they really piss me off.

Oooooooooh yes!! Someone put one of those "Septembers over, time to wake up that Green Day guy" memes on my Facebook wall this year. She got an earful from me lol. I was really nice about it and she actually felt really bad lol.

I have been listening to "long time gone" a lot this week. Billie's voice is just so beautiful :wub: . Confession: I often close my eyes when I listen to Billie singing and imagine that we're alone and it's all for me :blush:

I do that all the time :ninja::blush:

Ugh, you search anything Green Day and iHeart is the only thing that comes up.

This reminds me... Did I ever tell you that back in the spring, when we were anticipating our concert and all we talked about was Green Day (moreso than usual, I guess!), my grandma Googled them once she got Internet access... and all she could find was iHeart Radio clips... and she WATCHED IT. My conservative, ultra-Catholic grandma got only that impression of what my favorite band was. I never bothered explaining. :lol:

And as a rational adult I understand that :)

BUT as a freaking crazy ass irrational Green Day fan/Billie Joe fangirl I just want to school all these people and be like "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT HE WAS GOING THROUGH??? ITS NOT FREAKING FUNNY!!!!"

But instead I just keep my mouth shut :P

Understandable!

Archived