¡UNO! Album

Sanity Loan

I have it, it has a static-type noise where the cursing is. Kill The DJ isn't like the radio edit at all though.

Now, that is peculiar.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got the CD in my hands. (Yep, I still like to buy physical albums, haha)

After listening to it on a stereo and at full volume (like it should be), I love the album and it's great and fresh and awesome, but I gotta say that the first thing I thought was 'I can clearly hear Rob Cavallo's hand in this', cause from the first notes on Nuclear Family, it's a totally different producing value from 21stCB, and now I can actually hear Mike's bass. I'm pretty much already fully in love with most of the songs.

I have it, it has a static-type noise where the cursing is. Kill The DJ isn't like the radio edit at all though.

Damn! I hoped it was a total rework like kill the dj. Im not going to buy that one then

Now, that is peculiar.

Yeah instead of Someone Kill The DJ, Someone shoot the DJ

It's Someone Kill The DJ, Shoot the *static* DJ.

Yeah instead of Someone Kill The DJ, Someone shoot the DJ

It's Someone Kill The DJ, Shoot the *static* DJ.

Yeah, I figured :/.

Damn! I hoped it was a total rework like kill the dj. Im not going to buy that one then

Yeah I bought it on Amazon (digital of course) for $5 just to check it out. Well, at least I have a clean version if I want to listen to one with my nephew or something *shrugs*. Although I have to say I'm kind of glad to know they didn't do a total rework cause that would be... awkward if they did all that different stuff lyrically to get a 'clean' version. (Well, swears or not this record is in no way clean)

Just got a hold of Uno. It kicks ass, my favorite track is Rusty James. Oh Love has grown on me....I dont know what it is but it just sounds much more amazing when its included with the other tracks, like a puzzle piece. For sure a solid album. Rock on boys. :dance:

I've only listened to a couple, where the swears were it was just a sound. We all know how Kill The DJ sounds so I haven't even bothered with that one.

Regardless of the lyrics, whenever I listen to Troublemaker I just can't not bounce and wanna dance to it. I mean, damn.

prime example of a song that I love the music but hate the lyrics :lol:

I feel that way about Kill the DJ. I can't resist the urge to sway my booty and shake my hips

Rusty James is really good. Just a very solid song.

It's just one of those songs where the chorus immediately is a hook, and after you listen to it, it just stays in your head.

Even reading about Rusty James, I just get the chorus stuck in my head straight away. It's just so good.

prime example of a song that I love the music but hate the lyrics :lol:

I feel that way about Kill the DJ. I can't resist the urge to sway my booty and shake my hips

I really like the lyrics to Kill The DJ, and I find the lyrics of Troublemaker to be sexy and rather amusing cause they're so over the top. But yeah. Really really danceable.

It's just one of those songs where the chorus immediately is a hook, and after you listen to it, it just stays in your head.

Even reading about Rusty James, I just get the chorus stuck in my head straight away. It's just so good.

So long! Didn't even say good night...

The harmonies on the chorus are really great. Really add to the song's catchiness.

Rusty James is really good. Just a very solid song.

Love it reminds me of a Nimrod/Dookie song.

very simple but great and catchy

Love it reminds me of a Nimrod/Dookie song.

very simple but great and catchy

I think that's what really makes a great Green Day song, and they've definitely done that with Rusty James especially :)

I respect everyone's opinions but I to me Rusty James isn't that great. I guess I just expected a song that used to be called Last Gang In Town to be really punk. Oh well. Uno is pretty great. Not as good as Kerplunk, Warning or AI imo but beats 21st and 1039 and Dookie again imo. Also even though I know Quatro is the dvd, how awesome would it be if it was actually an album for songs that didn't make the trilogy?

I respect everyone's opinions but I to me Rusty James isn't that great. I guess I just expected a song that used to be called Last Gang In Town to be really punk. Oh well. Uno is pretty great. Not as good as Kerplunk, Warning or AI imo but beats 21st and 1039 and Dookie again imo. Also even though I know Quatro is the dvd, how awesome would it be if it was actually an album for songs that didn't make the trilogy?

From the sound of Billie's interview, it'd have to be another 3 albums' worth :lol:.

I dunno, they've never sounded really punk. The name of that song isn't about the sound, it's about the content/meaning.

Anyway, I think the song is really good, even though I would hesitate to say that it is my favorite off of the album. My favorite tends to always be the one that catches me off guard and for that, it's a catch between Kill The DJ and Troublemaker and Sweet 16.

From the sound of Billie's interview, it'd have to be another 3 albums' worth :lol:.

I dunno, they've never sounded really punk. The name of that song isn't about the sound, it's about the content/meaning.

That's true.

I'll upload the clean versions of the songs to youtube if everyone wants to hear what they sound like.

All the albums that you've mentioned are completely different in their own way.

I don't really think that you could compare Uno to AI or 21CB, as they were both more telling a story. Uno is all about having a great time, and their older albums I believe are also different.

I dunno, I just I just don't really believe in comparing these albums.

Yeah, they're always so different I tend to have a very hard time saying which album is better than another...

Every Green Day album has a different sound.

I usually don't say "this album is better" with Green Day, I just say "My favourites are...". Mainly because they're all so different, and they all have something unique.

Also, I wonder where I will put the trilogy (when it's already out) in my favourites list :P

I usually don't say "this album is better" with Green Day, I just say "My favourites are...". Mainly because they're all so different, and they all have something unique.

Exactly. Same for me. Like I will say 21CB is my favorite, cause that's just the one that feels most close to me, but... when I try to analyze why it is better than the rest... I just can't do it. Cause the reasons will always somehow apply to another album and anyway... I'm not usually even sure which is my favorite.

Also, I wonder where I will put the trilogy (when it's already out) in my favourites list :P

Yeah, me too. I'm not counting ¡Uno! out yet because I want to hear all three.

Angel Blue is on repeat for me! :D

Definitely, couldn't have said it better myself.

Yeah, me too. I'm not counting ¡Uno! out yet because I want to hear all three.

Yes me too, and I think I will count them as a whole (not separately).

Angel Blue is on repeat for me! :D

One of my favourites from the album! To me, it's like something from Insomniac, less angry but more epic.

personally, i fucking love songs on UNO!, but it is not a good green day album. The guitars are just to clean and pretty sounding. I was pleased with the album until Thursday when i had heard UNO just a few too many times, so i listened to 21st Century Breakdown. Holy shit. The sounds and lyrics on Breakdown just make UNO! look like a Weezer album. There are some fine songs on UNO!, but it just lacks punch, powerful lyrics, and passion that the previous two albums contained.

Archived