¡UNO! Album

Sanity Loan

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mumford & Sons.

Fucking bastards.

>_>.

what is wrong with M&S? they are terrifc band...

what is wrong with M&S? they are terrifc band...

Nothing is wrong with them, but I desire for Green Day to be the top spot, of course ;).

Nothing is wrong with them, but I desire for Green Day to be the top spot, of course ;).

oh me too, so that is different :)

I'm so happy with this album! Love it!!! I was a little hesitant though because I didn't particularly like Kill the DJ when I saw the music video, but listening through the whole album in one sitting was great. :) I'm super impressed. Can't wait for the rest. I feel like my love for GD has returned at last, and that makes me ridiculously happy.

The fact that Green Day has been 'peaking' relatively well upon its release and then dropping off so quickly (like when Oh Love was released on iTunes, or looking at Uno on iTunes drop from #9 to #16) is kind of disheartening because it suggests that, yes, Green Day have a lot of fans who all bought the album, but they all did it on Day one, and now there's no one else who's going to bother buying it. Whereas No Doubt's album kind of climbed a bit, or stayed consistent. The Killers' new album, too, has been climbing up. I would hate to see Uno debut relatively well and then just a steep drop off because no one else besides Green Day fans seem to care about it. And while there are enough Green Day fans in the world to ensure the album won't flop, I just think this music is so fucking good, it really deserves to soar to the top. There are so many songs on Uno that, had they been released to radio in 1994 or 2004, would have been Top 40 hits.

I would have to assume so the t-shirt will fit inside?

I guess so... I wonder if it's worth buying...

Yeah my best friend who also loves Green Day lives far away and has a very limiting schedule so we would have a hard time even organizing an online listening party :(.

The fact that Green Day has been 'peaking' relatively well upon its release and then dropping off so quickly (like when Oh Love was released on iTunes, or looking at Uno on iTunes drop from #9 to #16) is kind of disheartening because it suggests that, yes, Green Day have a lot of fans who all bought the album, but they all did it on Day one, and now there's no one else who's going to bother buying it. Whereas No Doubt's album kind of climbed a bit, or stayed consistent. The Killers' new album, too, has been climbing up. I would hate to see Uno debut relatively well and then just a steep drop off because no one else besides Green Day fans seem to care about it. And while there are enough Green Day fans in the world to ensure the album won't flop, I just think this music is so fucking good, it really deserves to soar to the top. There are so many songs on Uno that, had they been released to radio in 1994 or 2004, would have been Top 40 hits.

Yeah, you're right. The only songs that really get attention from non-Green Day fans are the ones that are least characteristic of their sound. But then, I guess any artists which have a similar sound to Green Day really don't do anywhere near as well, so it could just be that they're lucky that they sell so much at all, given the type of sound that's popular? I don't know. I'm just talking out of my ass...

Ha! well, I didn't do this "party" either because 1) I didn't have the album on 25th and 2) It would have been only me and my lonely soul :sorry:

Hehe :P

I just asked because I know a few people here said they'll do it.

It hasn't even made it on the top 40 charts here, not even any of the singles, nor the album itself

Yeah, you're right. The only songs that really get attention from non-Green Day fans are the ones that are least characteristic of their sound. But then, I guess any artists which have a similar sound to Green Day really don't do anywhere near as well, so it could just be that they're lucky that they sell so much at all, given the type of sound that's popular? I don't know. I'm just talking out of my ass...

It's totally related. The reason M&S is so popular right now is because they're kind of the only refreshing, alternative, unique option that broke through recently. It's like Green Day being a pop punk breath of fresh air on the radio in 1994. M&S has a distinct style and even if you're not a fan of it, you're likely to want to hear it just for the sake of not hearing another "Call Me Maybe" for the 100000th time. Green Day *can* be that fresh, but they're not the it-boys anymore.

It hasn't even made it on the top 40 charts here, not even any of the singles, nor the album itself

And where is here? I can't believe the album won't be on the charts. It's too soon for official Billboard stuff in the US for example. But yeah, the singles haven't been promoted at all, or haven't been played much on mainstream radio. I don't know what Green Day's biggest hit with 21CB was in terms of Top 40, but KYE and 21 Guns definitely cracked their way into the mainstream.

Edit: I just checked, and KYE hit #28 and 21 Guns hit #22 on the Hot 100, despite us saying that promo for 21CB was complete shit, and promo for Uno has been overwhelming, Oh Love only hit #97. It's kind of curious. I wouldn't blame the song itself, either.

And where is here? I can't believe the album won't be on the charts. It's too soon for official Billboard stuff in the US for example. But yeah, the singles haven't been promoted at all, or haven't been played much on mainstream radio. I don't know what Green Day's biggest hit with 21CB was in terms of Top 40, but KYE and 21 Guns definitely cracked their way into the mainstream.

Edit: I just checked, and KYE hit #28 and 21 Guns hit #22 on the Hot 100, despite us saying that promo for 21CB was complete shit, and promo for Uno has been overwhelming, Oh Love only hit #97. It's kind of curious. I wouldn't blame the song itself, either.

Here would be New Zealand :P and there has been no promotion here, except for the album itself

Curiouser and curiouser...

The more I hear, seriously, the more I'm like -_-. Seriously, world? Not even a little love for this?

Here would be New Zealand :P and there has been no promotion here, except for the album itself

Ah yes, if I wasn't so tired I would have pieced together your kiwi location description :P Anyway, I think it'll chart. Isn't it too soon to know?

Ah yes, if I wasn't so tired I would have pieced together your kiwi location description :P Anyway, I think it'll chart. Isn't it too soon to know?

It might be in the charts, who knows, I don't remember what spot 21st Century Breakdown reached, so it probably will chart, possibly in a week or two

Can we all talk about the guitar chord progression right before Billie screams in Let Yourself Go?

Pretty much the reason why I love that song. Just that little part is my hook.

If a listening party is when you hang out with your friends and listen to the whole album, I'm going to do it tomorrow! we are also going to listen to the new album of Muse :)

Anyone get the clean version yet? I wouldnt mind hearing how they changed them

I've only listened to a couple, where the swears were it was just a sound. We all know how Kill The DJ sounds so I haven't even bothered with that one.

Regardless of the lyrics, whenever I listen to Troublemaker I just can't not bounce and wanna dance to it. I mean, damn.

Anyone get the clean version yet? I wouldnt mind hearing how they changed them

I have it, it has a static-type noise where the cursing is. Kill The DJ isn't like the radio edit at all though.

Archived