¡UNO! Album

Sanity Loan

Carpe Diem,stay the night,rusty james and angel blue the best ones.

Also good is Nuclear Family and Fell for You.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just looking through the Wiki pages for the trilogy, and noticed that Billie is credited as playing the mellotron on X-Kid. Tre also has piano credits on ¡Tré!. So, that's interesting. Sorry if it's old news.

I was just looking through the Wiki pages for the trilogy, and noticed that Billie is credited as playing the mellotron on X-Kid. Tre also has piano credits on ¡Tré!. So, that's interesting. Sorry if it's old news.

This is very interesting.

Guest MadeInRatCity

I think oh love and kill the dj were something different so they just did the unpredictable and threw those two as a single.

Don't shoot me. But what the fuck is a mellotron? :lol:

I think oh love and kill the dj were something different so they just did the unpredictable and threw those two as a single.

I agree my friend.The obvious choice was the songs: "Stay the Night","Nuclear Family" or "Rusty James" but "did the unpredictable" as you said. :shy:

Have you noticed that in the booklet they made some errors with the lyrics...

for example on stay the night the lyrics are

"Lets Watch The Star's Untill The Sun Begins To Rise"

but in the booklet it says

"Lets Watch the Star's Until The Star's Begin To Rise"

Yeah I noticed that. I posted it in the box set thread.

Also, "...Ferris wheel that's breaking down" should be "Ferris wheel that keeps breaking down."

Their lyrics have always been this way though. Things get changed last-minute, or they're misprinted. This isn't exclusive to ¡Uno!.

someone could explain me what does "living at the w" mean? Sorry, english isn't my first language!

My guess is the W Hotel.

thank you! I had no idea what that phrase meant

You're welcome! It seems like more and more recently, he's been making direct references to people and landmarks. Sodom and Gomorrah, the facility (police station) "on E. 12th Street", etc. That can be confusing for some fans!

There was a review of Uno in my towns paper today and there was one thing that the critic wrote that I reacted to:

"Their skater punk fanbase has grown up and been replaced by emos"

What the fuck? I hate critics because I don't see why their opinions is more valid than anyone else's but this is just ridiculous.

There was a review of Uno in my towns paper today and there was one thing that the critic wrote that I reacted to:

"Their skater punk fanbase has grown up and been replaced by emos"

What the fuck? I hate critics because I don't see why their opinions is more valid than anyone else's but this is just ridiculous.

Sounds like someone too old and out-to-touch trying to use buzz words in order to get page hits for his work.

I think it's so interesting that basically every review of the album refers to Sweet 16 as the most melancholy/bittersweet song. I don't think it's bittersweet at all... just nostalgic. But then I think every reviewer has missed the point that Sweet 16 isn't referring to him being 16, rather 16 years passed. So they've all dropped the ball on that one, but then again Billie can't expect everyone to know what it's really about based just on the lyrics.

I missed it on the first couple of listens cause I didn't have the book with me (CD hadn't arrived yet), someone corrected me in this thread actually :lol:, but if I had seen the booklet the first time I would have had no questions at all as it is quite clear who he is talking about. It's still nostalgic but it is also celebrating the years they've had together. He always writes like he is almost not good enough, though.

That's not a book error, that's a songwriter error, I'd guess. He often changes lyrics during the recording process and sometimes he writes things that don't make sense.

Sounds like someone too old and out-to-touch trying to use buzz words in order to get page hits for his work.

Yeah ... x_x. There isn't a single thing emo about this record, really.

Yeah ... x_x. There isn't a single thing emo about this record, really.

He said that this record was "happy rock n roll" and he hoped that the "kids" of today would like the album. So it seems, according to him all Green Day fans are emo kids that don't like rock n roll. What a fucking stupid reviewer.

He said that this record was "happy rock n roll" and he hoped that the "kids" of today would like the album. So it seems, according to him all Green Day fans are emo kids that don't like rock n roll. What a fucking stupid reviewer.

It's more like straight up rock'n'roll, early style. Like, before "metal" meant anything other than the elements on the periodic table.

The definition of "emo" has been loosening gradually for the last 10 years. Apparently, it doesn't mean what it did when it was first used to describe Fugazi. Now, it's just thrown out there for any band that produces a song with some melancholy lyrics.

You're welcome! It seems like more and more recently, he's been making direct references to people and landmarks. Sodom and Gomorrah, the facility (police station) "on E. 12th Street", etc. That can be confusing for some fans!

right! Yesterday I translated into Italian the lyrics

for my fan page and some parts were difficult to

understand for those who are not American /

English

Archived