Green Day References

Liam

Has anyone ever noticed the Boulevard of Broken Dreams reference in Legally Blonde Two?

Yes, I have.

So, I was minding my own business at a county fair the other day, and I hear this Sublime tribute band playing When I Come Around. I nearly pissed myself, and I then watched the rest of their show, even though that was the only Green Day song they played.

• Like 1

There's a ton of billboards and signs in the UK just now that say CARPE DIEM. Something to do with some phone network or something like that...I only paid attention to the important Green Day song title lol

I was just watching The Office (american version) and Dwight sings Boulevard of Broken Dreams on karaoke at their holiday party! Season 6 episode 13 if anyone wants to try and see it. I was completely not expecting it and I may have screamed.

I was walking in a fruit market (and other kind of things, here in Mexico we call it "Tianguis") and in some place where sell cds there was a sign that says "si usted roba se le da una madriza", it could be something like: "If you stold something, we beat the shit out of you" and in the sign there was a picture from Mike Dirnt all beat out, hahaha it was really funny to see that. Oh Mexicans! :lol:

• Like 1

I saw a 1039 cd in the mall the other day, Im still mad that i was 5 dollars short

I walk through this building that has an eyeglasses store in it practically every day and the store has this poster in the window:

Green%20Day%20John%20Varvatos.jpg

Makes me happy.

Take it off the wall and just walk out with it

I was watching MTV this morning (I know...) but it turned out to be good, because there was that ranking from VH1 about the sexiest artist, and Billie Joe was there!!! :woot: I've already seen it, but it's a different thing to watch it on tv :ga: I'm so happy he's on the list... but he's at #61 :mellow: unbelievable.

Although one thing it really bothers me is that people there talked as if Green Day is only him, and that he wrote the musical and all that; which is true but where are Mike and Tré in all this? :mad:

Don't know if it was mentioned but on How I met your mother (a TV show I'm enjoying a lot, I started to watch it 2 or 3 weeks ago) there are two scenes in which Green Day is mentioned.

* The first time was when Ted was saying the things to do on Marshall and Lily's wedding. Ted said that Time of your life must be played at the time of the speech, I think.

* The second time was on "Slapgiving# episode on season 3. Ted and Robin meet each other and she said she was going to a Green Day concert (This was weird for me as a GD fan, the year of this situation was in 2007 and as far as I remember, there wasn't Green Day concert that year, just some random TV appearances)