Green Day References

Liam

My school had some dumb earth day commercial and its played like 7-8 times now and today I just noticed there was a framed Green Day poser in the backround! :P I guess you could say it was the Greenest thing about that commercial!

• Like 1

Two recent, intentional Green Day references in articles I've written, just for the lulz. :P

The first: When I explained what a supplemental contract is for a teacher, I used the phrase "one who oversees curriculum development for a specific subject, such as English, math or science," not realizing at first I put them in that order because of Sex, Drugs and Violence. Then I left it in there.

The second: I used the term "safety in numbers" to lead off a story about a kids safety fair that draws huge crowds downtown each year.

So yeah, I guess they were both Sex, Drugs and Violence references. Whatever. I'm probably the only one in Sandusky who understood them anyway. :toocool:

• Like 1

I was watching a gameshow called Pointless last night and they were asking about famous bassists and Mike Dirnt was one of the answers! Only 3 people knew him.

• Like 1

Today I watched Live From Abbey Road on tv, and yesterday CSI: NY's "Unspoken" episode!

My brother's on holiday in Florida, he spotted this lovely t-shirt in a shop there the other day:

970008_10151488183509930_65172910_n_zps6

:ga:

• Like 4

Theres a Youtuber that goes by the name of "brutalmoose" who reviews video games. Green Day: Rockband is briefly shown around the forty second point.

Last week I went over to one of my friends(hes in a cast) and I go to help bring his books, I look at his phone and he was listening to Fell for you! :P

I remember last summer I was on a flight with Emirates, and they had the most awesome entertainment system, including a fantastic collection of albums and singles. Guess what I found? Dookie. :dance: I was so pleased.

I was playing GTA Vice City and noticed

9riued.jpg

The game came out in 2002 so its not an actual Green Day reference :/ still thought it was cool though

• Like 3

Maybe this goes here, maybe it doesn't, but I was with my dad at a baseball game a few days ago, and while we tailgate we usually listen to music on some speakers. So Let Yourself Go came on, and these guys who were next to us asked us who this band was, saying that, "these guys sound just like Green Day." We said it was a Green Day song, to which the guys responded, "A new Green Day song? Are they releasing a new album or something?" So my dad and I told them about the three new albums that came out last year and they said they might check it out. I hate to sound cocky, but I think I'm doing a lot better job at promoting these albums than Warner

• Like 4

Maybe this goes here, maybe it doesn't, but I was with my dad at a baseball game a few days ago, and while we tailgate we usually listen to music on some speakers. So Let Yourself Go came on, and these guys who were next to us asked us who this band was, saying that, "these guys sound just like Green Day." We said it was a Green Day song, to which the guys responded, "A new Green Day song? Are they releasing a new album or something?" So my dad and I told them about the three new albums that came out last year and they said they might check it out. I hate to sound cocky, but I think I'm doing a lot better job at promoting these albums than Warner

You already have in the fact that you did any promotion at all.

Rolling Stone used a photo of Billie Joe for their news story about Warner music signing on to Apple's "iRadio" service.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/apple-secures-warner-music-group-rights-for-streaming-music-service-20130605

My mum babysits from March.
She said to the parents of the girl I was going to see Green day. The dad said to me "Oh, I saw them 20 years ago in Milan"
Jesus XD

• Like 4

I participated in a show with other people taking guitar, drums and bass. Each group played a song, and one of them played Holiday.

This is at a caravan site near me.. I know its not very obvious but every time I see it I think of Green Day

Park-sign400.jpg

• Like 1

I HAD to take a picture of this :lol: I was in the toilets of the British musem lol

936736_10200892397425077_884918096_n.jpg

tumblr_mo6ic9gf7d1r78j3do1_500.jpg

yesterday I was at our class’s graduation party (not prom yet), and we got our yearbooks, so they wrote those categories about each person, like “usually is stuck to the channel: ” , “is the stalker of: “..

and they wrote “is the stalker of: green day” on my page!!! :runaround:

this is in a book, forever. I will fucking hug the shit out of the person who wrote that.

And they played Good riddance at the end! I know I’ve always said that it’s not a fucking graduation/ wedding song, but I have to admit that when they played it I went batshit crazy with excitment :lol:

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZXqHLK0_SQ

At 2:14 he says: "Boom, viral sensation. I'm like herpes."