Green Day References

Liam

I based my media a-level coursework on a band influenced from Green Day and i had to promote their tour. I had to deconstruct an online website so I chose GDA :)

In the song "27" by Mike TV, one of the lyrics says "Those words you might have ate" and also their song "American Idols" is about Green Day!

There's a Youtube series called Zero Punctuation where this guy criticizes reviews new video game releases using foul language and crude animation. He's also got some sweet intro/outro music. This specific one has a certain outro song I believe you will all enjoy.

Saw a dude wearing a 'Welcome to paradise" shirt and a girl wearing a 'Trés Cool' jumper. Neither were GD affiliated.

I heard When I Come Around on in the background of some awful celebrity reality show on ¡Viva!, which is kind of a double whammy (¡Viva la Gloria!)

Always hearing them on the radio in places and seeing adverts for the trilogy, images of ¡Dos! were on the floor and walls of HMV Dublin in November.

They were also involved in a question on the British quiz show 'Pointless'. It was who did the theme tune to the Simpsons movie. It's cool hearing them on TV and on ads.

And at the end of 'School of Rock' I'm pretty sure the drummer is wearing a Warning t-shirt!

Oh, and my school does some kind of contest every year where one person of each classroom (from the 5th grade to the 8th grade I think) need to answer a sequence of questions involving music. Last year, one of the questions was "What's this song's name?" and Good Riddance started playing :happy: ...but NONE of the kids guessed it.

Shame on you, kids.

you know how on the 99 revolutions tour before Green day come out, they always (until now) put Bohemian rhapsody and the crowd sings along?

look at this top comment I just saw on youtube, on a Bohemian rhapsody lyrics video :lol:

rhaph.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWE7boPU6kI

edit: it's not a top comment any more :lol:

• Like 1

This is pretty old by now, but Welcome to Paradise appears in the movie Surf's Up, both in the trailer and the full movie, when Cody and Chicken Joe first get to the beach.

In the trailer, it starts at ~1:27 and plays until the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1RH866AvJQ

yeah, and i also think that they also use Holiday in that movie. I think it's in the first 10 mins of the movie :)

yeah, and i also think that they also use Holiday in that movie. I think it's in the first 10 mins of the movie :)

Didn't remember that!

You should edit your post to take out the quoted video, the mods don't like it :)

I just saw the final episode of Seinfeld. I didn't know it was that episode until Good Riddance came on and there was a montage of the actors behind the scenes.

I was watching this, when suddenly on 1:30 :D

haha that's so cool, took me a while to notice :3

ScreenShot2013-03-04at234714_zps2364149a

:lol:

YES.