Green Day References

Liam

I was watching a documentary of this Japanese actor and he was wearing a Green Day shirt.

Edit: Just finished watching it. He was also listening to Before The Lobotomy while trying to memorize his lines. Not really a reference I guess, but I've watched this doc a few times and never noticed until now.

I got the ripleys believe it or not book for Christmas this year (omg it's so weird and disgusting ;_; ). It had a bit on rock stars and had a list of 7 tattooed ones and 'Billy Joe Armstrong' was listed :P

It then said 'green day's lead singer has over 20 tattoos all over his body including his wife's and son's names"

I got the ripleys believe it or not book for Christmas this year (omg it's so weird and disgusting ;_; ). It had a bit on rock stars and had a list of 7 tattooed ones and 'Billy Joe Armstrong' was listed :P

It then said 'green day's lead singer has over 20 tattoos all over his body including his wife's and son's names"

Lol, I have one of the older editions of the Ripley's book. It's awesome! But they seriously included tattooed rock stars?? Not exactly weird or astonishing :lol:

I really wish more songs would be played. I mean, I love Good Riddance and Boulevard of Broken Dreams but those are the only two songs I ever hear out in public.
I heard Troublemaker on the radio today o.O

8293852003_35b7f75ce1.jpg

I have that issue! Such a good read!

A1-oarKCcAAifAn.jpg

What I'd give to be able to have stores sell every GD album in one store, so hard to find GD's records in stores over here. A few in HMV, but that's it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYtYCNkR1Yo

At 1:00 the guy has an American Idiot poster in his room. Not sure if this has been posted before. It's a cover of Nicki Minaj's song "Starships" by the cast of the movie Pitch Perfect and random people who submitted videos. (Which is funny, since Billie tweeted about how much he loved the movie!) My family was watching this last night and immediately had to point out the poster to me. As if I didn't see it... :P

What I'd give to be able to have stores sell every GD album in one store, so hard to find GD's records in stores over here. A few in HMV, but that's it.

Do you guys have stores where people trade in old electronics? Like thrift stores, but for video games, DVDs, CDs, etc.? We have one near where I live called The Exchange. They have every GD CD there... that's where I got all their old stuff. :happy:

At 1:00 the guy has an American Idiot poster in his room. Not sure if this has been posted before. It's a cover of Nicki Minaj's song "Starships" by the cast of the movie Pitch Perfect and random people who submitted videos. (Which is funny, since Billie tweeted about how much he loved the movie!) My family was watching this last night and immediately had to point out the poster to me. As if I didn't see it... :P

Do you guys have stores where people trade in old electronics? Like thrift stores, but for video games, DVDs, CDs, etc.? We have one near where I live called The Exchange. They have every GD CD there... that's where I got all their old stuff. :happy:

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Tom Kitt had done arrangements for the Pitch Perfect songs, but now I can't find the info anywhere :P

Yeah, we have stores like that. I think I may have one in my local town, but I've never seen them deal in video games and CD's. I mean, I've been very lucky to find Nimrod, Dookie, Kerplunk and Smoothed Out in HMV, never thought I'd see the day :P That is literally the only store that sells my kind of music over here, oh, I bought Uno in Asda (Wal-Mart to you xD) The only album I've ordered off the internet is Dos! cause I wanted it as soon as it came out :P My dad already had Warning, American Idiot, 21st CB, Insomniac and International Superhits haha, it saved me a lot of shopping around and money :P The picture I quoted is so nice to see, it is extremely rare to see most GD albums lined up like that in stores over here :)

Yeah, we have stores like that. I think I may have one in my local town, but I've never seen them deal in video games and CD's. I mean, I've been very lucky to find Nimrod, Dookie, Kerplunk and Smoothed Out in HMV, never thought I'd see the day :P That is literally the only store that sells my kind of music over here, oh, I bought Uno in Asda (Wal-Mart to you xD) The only album I've ordered off the internet is Dos! cause I wanted it as soon as it came out :P My dad already had Warning, American Idiot, 21st CB, Insomniac and International Superhits haha, it saved me a lot of shopping around and money :P The picture I quoted is so nice to see, it is extremely rare to see most GD albums lined up like that in stores over here :)

It's weird to me thinking about people having a hard time tracking down their albums. I remember getting all of them off Amazon, lol. But that was also somewhat a matter of good timing, as Lookout had just re-released 1,039/SOSH and Kerplunk in 2003, and I bought them in 2004. After Green Day pulled out of Lookout in 2005, Reprise was given the rights to the albums and ended up re-releasing them again in 2007. And on vinyl in 2009. I remember seeing both versions in music stores for awhile after that. But people still have a hard time tracking them down, it seems.

I've got all my green day albums from HMV. They never have them all in at once though, so I had to buy everything at different times.

They've even got shenanigans in just now, I need to buy it soon :P

It's weird to me thinking about people having a hard time tracking down their albums. I remember getting all of them off Amazon, lol. But that was also somewhat a matter of good timing, as Lookout had just re-released 1,039/SOSH and Kerplunk in 2003, and I bought them in 2004. After Green Day pulled out of Lookout in 2005, Reprise was given the rights to the albums and ended up re-releasing them again in 2007. And on vinyl in 2009. I remember seeing both versions in music stores for awhile after that. But people still have a hard time tracking them down, it seems.

I got Kerplunk in a huge electronic store when I was on vacation in Berlin. Only time I've seen it in stores.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Tom Kitt had done arrangements for the Pitch Perfect songs, but now I can't find the info anywhere :P

I Googled it and I think you're right! Pretty cool!

I think I posted a very similar picture on here a couple months ago. That's exactly what my Wal-Mart looked like too right before they started selling the trilogy. I squealed a bit when I saw it. And immediately sent the picture to all my friends. :happy:

I Googled it and I think you're right! Pretty cool!

I think I posted a very similar picture on here a couple months ago. That's exactly what my Wal-Mart looked like too right before they started selling the trilogy. I squealed a bit when I saw it. And immediately sent the picture to all my friends. :happy:

I would've done exactly the same, I'd have just stood there admiring my bands discography in one store :P