Green Day References

Liam

When my sister forced me to go into Hot Topic (it was horrible) they were playing International Superhits. Which I didn't like because I loathe Hot Topic but whatever...

When my sister forced me to go into Hot Topic (it was horrible) they were playing International Superhits. Which I didn't like because I loathe Hot Topic but whatever...

The only time I hear Green Day being played at ANY store is Good Riddance. I guess radio stations really like that song :P

The only time I hear Green Day being played at ANY store is Good Riddance. I guess radio stations really like that song :P

I really wish more songs would be played. I mean, I love Good Riddance and Boulevard of Broken Dreams but those are the only two songs I ever hear out in public.

Not exactly a reference but...I saw a GD cover band last Saturday, Drink Day :lol: they were very good

drinkday3.jpg

drinkday2.jpg

• Like 1

You may loathe Hot Topic, but it's no secret that Hot Topic loves Green Day. I've heard them spin their music many times, not to mention all the merch they sell....they even carried Adeline Street back in the day.

I heard Last of the American Girls at Kohls twice haha

You may loathe Hot Topic, but it's no secret that Hot Topic loves Green Day. I've heard them spin their music many times, not to mention all the merch they sell....they even carried Adeline Street back in the day.

I never said Hot Topic didn't love Green Day. I said I don't love Hot Topic.

I never said Hot Topic didn't love Green Day. I said I don't love Hot Topic.

I just meant that it's weird to be disappointed to hear them in there.

2538883567_ff9d67146e_z.jpg

I don't know who this looks like but I know it doesn't look like billie joe Armstrong lol

Billie Joe waxfigure in the Rock Legends Wax Museum in Niagra Falls
  • Like 1

I just meant that it's weird to be disappointed to hear them in there. [/quote

Ah, okay. My bad :P I don't really go in there enough to know that haha.

I heard Last of the American Girls at Kohls twice haha

That's funny, my sister texted me a few months ago while she was at Kohl's and told me she heard it playing there too... All I ever hear anywhere is Good Riddance and Boulevard of Broken Dreams though.

Um okay IDK if this is the correct place to post this(because it's kinda a reference that Green Day made in a song) but I notice a lot of people think "heineken? fuck that shit!" is just something Billie shouted out in their cover of "My Generation" by the Who, but he was actually quoting a line from "Blue Velvet", an extremeley disturbing film by David Lynch. It's quote from Dennis Hopper where he asks the main character what beer he want; he replies Heineken so Dennis Hopper exclaims "Heineken? FUCK THAT SHIT! PABST BLUE RIBBON!!!" also I think it's HILARIOUS because I saw Foxboro Hottubs in LA and Billie poured PBR all over the audience and I yelled out the quote lol! Now, honestly I listened to Green Day way before I watched this film, i can't even remember when I started listening to GD, so when I saw this film and heard the line I was so surprised and happy! A bit of comic relief from the films dark setting.

Here's a link to the clip. Also watch the movie, it's a cult classic, for mature audiences though.

http://youtu.be/snhiofL2Rh4

• Like 1

Had a very surreal moment when I heard Fuck Time being played during the intro to an Irish radio station's sports program. I guess it's a good sign, if more than a little weird.

The Providence, RI, show has been rescheduled to April 9th, which would be 4/09 in the American dating system. :P

I saw a "drama queen" t-shirt the other day. Of course I wasn't going to buy it :dry:

Instead I bought one that says "whatever" to add myself a "Remember" :whistle