Green Day References

Liam

Punch him in the face. Best solution to the problem.

I feel like some people would agree with that but I might not be allowed to stay in the pub :(

are you trying to say that sum sucks or that the music's not old? :P

that GD is older than sum. He was talking about music in 1999/98 and I was like "nimrod was released in '97 :mellow: "

This was a few years ago, but anyway...my band was performing at the school rock concert. My head teacher dropped by to talk to the acts involved.

Headteacher: So what kind music inspired you?

Me: Well, I really love Green Day. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have learnt to play guitar.

Headteacher: Don't want to be an American Idiot, eh? I'm quite a fan myself. My son and I listen to that album in the car often.

Me: O.o

Headteacher: bet that makes it really uncool now.

I don't know what infuriated me more, his ignorance of anything beyond AI, or how someone so conservative could claim to enjoy such music.

I saw 2 BMWs parked on the street right next to each other today while I was on a walk. Of course I thought of Trouble Maker right away.

My English teacher likes to mess with me, so when he was explaining about oxymorons he goes: "For example, a good one would be Green Day as actual musicians." I was the only person who understood, but it was still funny.

I went to a pawn shop, and I saw a blue fender strat, that looked like Blue without all the stickers.

Then I went to buy a guitar, and in the shop, there was a guy trying out guitars and he started playing Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

while the summer holidays I worked at my dad's company and in the lunchtime we went to a hamburgers restaurant and when we ate "Good Riddance (time of your life)" was played in the restaurant's stereo :D I got really excited

and once my family and I were in the car on our way to my aunt and I was thinking about Green Day and then "Good Riddance (time of your life)" started playing in the radio and AGAIN i was so excited...

So I have many stories about this song XD

You know you're addicted to Green Day when Holiday starts playing at the bar and you can't focus or carry on a conversation with your friend anymore because your brain's too busy freaking out... I felt like such an idiot. :P But then, three songs later, Welcome to Paradise came on and I really lost it. The playlist they had on was clearly superior to all other playlists downtown last night.

I went to a pawn shop, and I saw a blue fender strat, that looked like Blue without all the stickers.

Then I went to buy a guitar, and in the shop, there was a guy trying out guitars and he started playing Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

Are you sure he wasn't playing "Wonderwall?"

• Like 1

Are you sure he wasn't playing "Wonderwall?"

He played it in F minor with some th same effect as Boulevard. And I actually know the guy and I asked him and he said it Boulevard :)

He played it in F minor with some th same effect as Boulevard. And I actually know the guy and I asked him and he said it Boulevard :)

Oh okay it was more of a joke than anything, but thanks for telling me. I wish more people at guitar shops would play that type of music instead of thrash metal

:pinch:

One of the best videos i saw in a long time !

Second time I say this in this thread: Dafuq did I just watch? :mellow:

hahhahaha

:lol:

• Like 1

It's official. The best hangover cure is for a Green Day song to come on the radio while you are at work. Only Boulevard of Broken Dreams, but still made me happy.

One of the best videos i saw in a long time !

HAHAHA Awesome! :lol: I laughed throughout the entire video :D

I've never seen that one before, thanks for sharing!