Green Day References

Liam

Was reading an article by Alex Day on how he created his song 'Forever Yours', and a little Green Day mention popped up.

http://alexdaymusic....rs#tumblr_notes

Finally, the snare roll before the second chorus - I’m just a big fan of snare rolls. If I wanna give a bit of energy to a song, I tend to put a snare roll in. I got that from a diet of Green Day. There’s one at the end of the second chorus, too. I just like them.
  • Like 1

what? just ran into this wtf

http://9gag.com/gag/5629076

edit:

imo, green day is beyond punk, billie says that 1294954 times..why people just qualify green day as one genre and start arguing that they are not that genre?

and leave your sister alone!!

I was sitting in cafe at my uni and they played Oh Love. When I came into it later, I heard BOBD.

My dad and I are huge jeopardy fans. I am contemplating trying out for Jeopardy's College Tournament next year (fat chance, I know), so I was browsing youtube to try to find previous episodes of the College Championship to see the kinds of questions they ask that may be different than regular jeopardy questions (turns out that they are a bit more pop culture-oriented), and I found episode where the category was song titles, and the answer was "What is 21 Guns." Some guy from UT-Dallas answered "1-21 Guns" and then a girl from University of Missouri got it right.

Edited by Tre_Cool_is_cool
  • Like 1

I watched a tv show last night about some familys who lived in India and this kid was showing the programme how he didn't have a room to himself, a laptop, a proper bed, TV or air con, but he didn't care, he said he was happy and stress free. He then got out his phone and he played 21 guns. Just reminds you of how lucky you are to be able to do things like googleing yourself and watching repeats of the big bang theory.

I watched a tv show last night about some familys who lived in India and this kid was showing the programme how he didn't have a room to himself, a laptop, a proper bed, TV or air con, but he didn't care, he said he was happy and stress free. He then got out his phone and he played 21 guns. Just reminds you of how lucky you are to be able to do things like googleing yourself and watching repeats of the big bang theory.

You watch The Big Bang Theory? You can't be that happy.

Also:

http://www.smosh.com...er-their-covers

american-idiot-change.jpg

• Like 3

The other day I heard 'Like A Rolling Stone' on the radio *something extemely weird* and immediately thought "Ow nooooo, why they don't play Green Day's cover?" :P

My dad and I are huge jeopardy fans. I am contemplating trying out for Jeopardy's College Tournament next year (fat chance, I know), so I was browsing youtube to try to find previous episodes of the College Championship to see the kinds of questions they ask that may be different than regular jeopardy questions (turns out that they are a bit more pop culture-oriented), and I found episode where the category was song titles, and the answer was "What is 21 Guns." Some guy from UT-Dallas answered "1-21 Guns" and then a girl from University of Missouri got it right.

My parents texted me this summer and all they said was "Who are the three guys in Green Day?" and when I asked them why, they responded, "It was a question on Jeopardy and we knew you'd know the answer!" I've yet to see said episode though. Did anyone else?

• Like 1

I was watching the original 1960 version of The Little Shop of Horrors and started laughing when I saw this!

Screenshot2012-10-19at102200PM_zps4f63f946.jpg

Apparently the Armstrongs have been secret funeral directors since the 60s! :lol:

Oh yeah, I forgot! There was also a guy in the movie named Joe Fink. He introduced himself like "Hi, I'm Joe Fink. I'm a Fink!" It was pretty funny.

The other day I heard 'Like A Rolling Stone' on the radio *something extemely weird* and immediately thought "Ow nooooo, why they don't play Green Day's cover?" :P

I heard the original Like A Rolling Stone in a shopping centre once, and thought the same :)

• Like 1

My parents texted me this summer and all they said was "Who are the three guys in Green Day?" and when I asked them why, they responded, "It was a question on Jeopardy and we knew you'd know the answer!" I've yet to see said episode though. Did anyone else?

That's actually a really tough question if you aren't a fan tbh. Was that one question alone, or was the category Green Day band members?

NVM found it. Category was "On Bass and Drums." - http://j-archive.com...light=Green Day

Edited by Tre_Cool_is_cool

That's actually a really tough question if you aren't a fan tbh. Was that one question alone, or was the category Green Day band members?

NVM found it. Category was "On Bass and Drums." - http://j-archive.com...light=Green Day

Ah, nice find! They didn't give me the specific question, so I'm glad I finally know what it was! I'm sure my parents already knew Billie was the third member... I talk about him enough... :shy:

Also, iHeartRadio in the corner? Really? Is this a joke? Haha... of all the artists to be featured in the ad... :lol:

• Like 1

Just saw Aerosmith playin on Waynes World 2 their song Shut Up And Dance riff sound alot like FBHT Aligator track

Why do I find so many Green Day references lately? :huh: Anyway.

bistduinternetsuumlchtigscreenshotyomama_zps4e090404.jpg

:lol:

That is me!

Or at least me on my old YouTube Channel. :P

I've been watching Bobby since his beginnings and then participated in the contest.

Yet, I never received my price. >:(

What sort of quiz question is that? :P "Are You a '90s Nerd?" but then all of those songs are from the '90s.

• Like 1