Green Day Random News

Fuzz

(UK only). Glad to see the Scuzz concert I highlighted turned out to be last year's IP one, a very pleasant surprise to return home to.

I think Scuzz are proud of their exclusive as it is being repeated many times this week. Good length too, MTV would have trimmed it down to one hour. Now all Scuzz need to do is to go HD.

It's so cool! It's on again now (nearly finished), my sister turned it on for her 5 year old when it started thinking he might like to have a quick look, since he likes a few Green Day songs but has never watched a concert before due to swearing etc. But he loves it so much he's insisted on watching the whole thing and is having his own little mosh pit in front of the tv, I could hear him saying "There's Jason White!" when I was on the phone to her just now :lol:. So glad they're showing it.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it actually the full concert and not just the parts we saw online? Like WMUWSE?

Is it actually the full concert and not just the parts we saw online? Like WMUWSE?

No, don't know, No WMUWSE, that would have too perfect. See the DVD thread for setlist.

It isn't the full concert, just the parts seen online (it's an hour and twenty minutes on tv with a few adverts so roughly an hour and ten minutes) but it is high quality and cool to watch on a big screen :)

Random Notes 2013

Hottest Rock Pictures

Green Day Gives Back

Billie Joe Armstrong, Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt of Green Day pose with some young fans during the Newport Beach Film Festival Opening Night Gala Premiere of Broadway Idiot in Newport Beach, California on April 25th, 2013.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/random-notes-2013-20130111

20130426-greenday-500x-1367001282.jpg

ifCXE5n.png Billie's interview in Rolling Stone Italia tomorrow!

Hmm...I don't think I will buy it. Knowing RS Italy, they have probably translated just a part of the interview, surely the part about the cancelled shows last year. I bet they wrote "let's hope they will be able to actually play in Italy, this time"...

Green Day Gives Back

Billie Joe Armstrong, Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt of Green Day pose with some young fans during the Newport Beach Film Festival Opening Night Gala Premiere of Broadway Idiot in Newport Beach, California on April 25th, 2013.

Already posted :P

Top Ten Pop-Punk Bands of California

2. Green Day:

It’s tough to position Green Day anywhere else other than number one, but we have done so and we will explain why. Despite being named by many as the most influential punk-rock band ever to take the stage, that is what they are best credited for. Blink-182 however will be known as the band that continued the journey from punk-rock to pop-punk and seeing as this list is for pop-punk, that is exactly our reason.

With all that said, without Green Day, there may have never been a pop-punk genre. In 1994 the band released their second album, ‘Dookie’. This was one of the first punk-rock albums that was played on commercial radio, and bridged the step from underground clubs to mainstage arena success, not just for Green Day, but for a plethora of other historic bands such as The Offspring and Blink-182.

The voyage Billie-Joe Armstrong and company have been on since they started back in 1990 has been nothing short of tremendous. From punk-revivalists to pronounced ‘sell-outs’ we have learnt so much from them. Anything is possible in the world of music and no barrier is too thick to break down. Green Day will be forever remembered and should be celebrated from this. Thank you, Green Day.

http://poppunkworld.com/blogbeta/

Hmm...I don't think I will buy it. Knowing RS Italy, they have probably translated just a part of the interview, surely the part about the cancelled shows last year. I bet they wrote "let's hope they will be able to actually play in Italy, this time"...

...basta guardare il titolo.....da : "The road back from hell" in USA.....a "passi falsi" ._____.

at least there's a good pic of Billie :D

In 1994 the band released their second album, ‘Dookie’.

Your argument is invalid

Top Ten Pop-Punk Bands of California

2. Green Day:

Its tough to position Green Day anywhere else other than number one, but we have done so and we will explain why. Despite being named by many as the most influential punk-rock band ever to take the stage, that is what they are best credited for. Blink-182 however will be known as the band that continued the journey from punk-rock to pop-punk and seeing as this list is for pop-punk, that is exactly our reason.

With all that said, without Green Day, there may have never been a pop-punk genre. In 1994 the band released their second album, Dookie. This was one of the first punk-rock albums that was played on commercial radio, and bridged the step from underground clubs to mainstage arena success, not just for Green Day, but for a plethora of other historic bands such as The Offspring and Blink-182.

The voyage Billie-Joe Armstrong and company have been on since they started back in 1990 has been nothing short of tremendous. From punk-revivalists to pronounced sell-outs we have learnt so much from them. Anything is possible in the world of music and no barrier is too thick to break down. Green Day will be forever remembered and should be celebrated from this. Thank you, Green Day.

http://poppunkworld.com/blogbeta/

Blink over Green Day? The Offspring at the bottom of the list? Fuck that shit.

I think that list operates under the assumption that GD and the Offspring aren't 100% pop-punk, they still have a bit of genuine punk to their core, whereas Blink was birthed as POP punk. Yeah, it's a silly list, but they tried :lol:

Also, while it's nice to read, I honestly don't see how Green Day is the moat influential punk rock bands of all time. I'm surprised that a site like that is so ill informed. Of THEIR time? Yeah, arguably. Not of all time, though, forget it.

No, don't know, No WMUWSE, that would have too perfect. See the DVD thread for setlist.

Truthfully, I'm kinda glad this isn't on the DVD or the special. It was kinda difficult seeing this live and is probably best left to the world of memory. I've never seen him break down like that during the song. It was a little shocking. :(

Truthfully, I'm kinda glad this isn't on the DVD or the special. It was kinda difficult seeing this live and is probably best left to the world of memory. I've never seen him break down like that during the song. It was a little shocking. :(

I was crying my eyes out. It was really hard to watch. but at the same time, it was amazing, because I've never seen someone perform with that much emotion before.

I was crying my eyes out. It was really hard to watch. but at the same time, it was amazing, because I've never seen someone perform with that much emotion before.

I didn't even realize what was happening until halfway through the song. I think I was talking to Aaron Cometbus at the time and we both sorta stared at the stage in the middle of the song.

That about Bieber covering Coming Clean seems to be 100% false. No youtube videos or information on Google.

That about Bieber covering Coming Clean seems to be 100% false. No youtube videos or information on Google.

I read that it's his Come Clean by Bieber. Saw that posted somewhere. Can't remember where now, lol.

I read that it's his Come Clean by Bieber. Saw that posted somewhere. Can't remember where now, lol.

Someone said that in this thread, I think.

Someone said that in this thread, I think.

Thanks. I read way too many things in way too many places, lol.

Okay, so this isn't really news, but it is Green Day, it is random, but I don't think it warrants its own thread...it just makes me happy :lol:. You all might have seen this before but I've been searching for it for years and only just came across it, so I thought I'd share!

Story: Back in the day when I was a new Green Day fan (Warning era), there was this show on MTV called "Celebrity Undercover." It was a hidden camera show where people were set up by their friends to be put in situations with their favorite celebrity. Depending upon the situation and the celebrity, the target's reactions ranged anywhere from confusion to shitting their pants in panic. In 2001, Billie Joe appeared on this show to be in a plot against some poor girl named Margaret. In true Billie Joe fashion it's awkward, funny, and has a few moments that are pure gold. It's three parts but only around 18 minutes long.

Enjoy (if you haven't seen it before) :D

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

I like the part when he asks if she's caught her brother masturbating.

Okay, so this isn't really news, but it is Green Day, it is random, but I don't think it warrants its own thread...it just makes me happy :lol:. You all might have seen this before but I've been searching for it for years and only just came across it, so I thought I'd share!

Story: Back in the day when I was a new Green Day fan (Warning era), there was this show on MTV called "Celebrity Undercover." It was a hidden camera show where people were set up by their friends to be put in situations with their favorite celebrity. Depending upon the situation and the celebrity, the target's reactions ranged anywhere from confusion to shitting their pants in panic. In 2001, Billie Joe appeared on this show to be in a plot against some poor girl named Margaret. In true Billie Joe fashion it's awkward, funny, and has a few moments that are pure gold. It's three parts but only around 18 minutes long.

Enjoy (if you haven't seen it before) :D

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Thanks for posting this!! I can't wait to watch this later. I've never even heard of this!

Archived