Green Day Random News

Fuzz

Not sure if this is worthy of even a random news post according to you guys, but I always enjoy seeing some acknowledgment of American Idiot being an important album.

American Idiot's cover art is featured in iTunes's banner for their "A decade of iTunes" page.

frGPlwX.png

The album is not one of the albums mentioned as being top seller during one of the milestone items however.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this is worthy of even a random news post according to you guys, but I always enjoy seeing some acknowledgment of American Idiot being an important album.

American Idiot's cover art is featured in iTunes's banner for their "A decade of iTunes" page.

frGPlwX.png

The album is not one of the album mentioned as being top seller during one of the milestone items however.

Actually it is the #3 best selling in 2004 and #6 best selling in 2005. Also, BOBD is the #6 best selling song of 2005.

Those pictures are lovely, that was so sweet. That picture of Billie walking down the stairs made him look even tinier than usual, omg. :happy:

I didn't see this on the last several pages so hopefully this isn't a repeat, but Kat Von D had some very kind things to say about Billie in her new book, Go Big or Go Home (I don't own it, I was just looking at it in the bookstore today). The book is filled with pictures of different tattoos she's done and she wrote little stories along with them.

In the book she spoke about doing Billie's St. Jimmy tattoo. She said he really wanted to have that space filled with tattoo ideas he had been thinking of before he turned 40. She typically doesn't make house calls, but she felt very strongly like it was something that would be worthwhile, so she travelled from LA to Oakland to do his tattoo. It was really sweet - she seemed very impressed with how humble he was when he spoke about the experiences he has gotten to have from being in Green Day. She said they both talked about having self-doubt in their respective fields, and how even though he is so successful, he still has high expectations of himself that he worries about meeting. She said she found him inspiring and that if she ever makes a record (which I think she is right now, actually) she partially has him to thank for it. Very, very nice. Reading it made me proud of our guy. :wub:

Ok..is it bad that I laughed out loud at the picture of Billie walking down the stairs all by himself..? lol I have no clue why it made me laugh hes so little :)

i KNOW these are 99% sure to be fake but if they were real i would cry tears of joy. indy. omg.

Holy crap. Indy and Cincinnati! If these are real I think I might break down in a heap of happy tears. I don't really think they're true though, because, unless Green Day is doing a theatre tour, the Vogue only holds about 1000. Maybe they aren't sure about filling Banker's Life (because of people's taste in music here in Indiana :() and at that time of year here outdoor venues like Klilpsh and Whitewater might be a little sketchy. I don't know, but I'm pretty sure they're probably fake. It kind of looks like whoever made it just picked random venues in those towns. Like Heinz Field, what?

Supposed "2nd leg of the tour" and they still play 2 gigs in Texas :lol:

Those pictures are lovely, that was so sweet. That picture of Billie walking down the stairs made him look even tinier than usual, omg. :happy:

I didn't see this on the last several pages so hopefully this isn't a repeat, but Kat Von D had some very kind things to say about Billie in her new book, Go Big or Go Home (I don't own it, I was just looking at it in the bookstore today). The book is filled with pictures of different tattoos she's done and she wrote little stories along with them.

In the book she spoke about doing Billie's St. Jimmy tattoo. She said he really wanted to have that space filled with tattoo ideas he had been thinking of before he turned 40. She typically doesn't make house calls, but she felt very strongly like it was something that would be worthwhile, so she travelled from LA to Oakland to do his tattoo. It was really sweet - she seemed very impressed with how humble he was when he spoke about the experiences he has gotten to have from being in Green Day. She said they both talked about having self-doubt in their respective fields, and how even though he is so successful, he still has high expectations of himself that he worries about meeting. She said she found him inspiring and that if she ever makes a record (which I think she is right now, actually) she partially has him to thank for it. Very, very nice. Reading it made me proud of our guy. :wub:

Sweet!

Any chance we can get a scan of what she wrote?

^ I didn't buy it, I just looked at it in the bookstore, sorry! But I'm pretty sure the pics of his tattoos from the book are in the Green Day's Tattoos thread. :)

If that second leg of a US tour for the fall is serious, these guys really need to fucking reevaluate what it means to take it easy. :lol:

i KNOW these are 99% sure to be fake but if they were real i would cry tears of joy. indy. omg.

Wikipedia: "if you heard it here first, it's totally legit"

shh i'm sure they aren't real and i know that but the .01% chance that they could be real is enough to make me really excited because they haven't played in indiana since 2005 :lol:

Really? That's surprising... the selfish fan in me want them to come to the United Center - so much closer! I wouldn't mind a trip, though.

Have I missed something? (Sorry about the size)

House of Blues? The fuck? There's no way that's true... And if it was, I'd cry tears for multiple reasons: 1) They're coming to Cleveland. 2) The venue would be too small for me to probably get tickets. 3) If I did get tickets, I'd probably die.

I really hope that's not true because they'res not one show in New England :(

Those dates are completely false

Brian

Greenday.com

Thank goodness. The voice of reason! Thanks Brian!

UK and Irish fans the guys are on RIGHT now on Scuzz Live from Irving Plaza from last September!

UK and Irish fans the guys are on RIGHT now on Scuzz Live from Irving Plaza from last September!

Just came to post the same thing! What a nice surprise!

Just came to post the same thing! What a nice surprise!

Yeah it was cool! They actually showed the whole thing minus Letterbomb (but that is understandable as it was full of Billie drinking and stagediving etc) and I loved how their anal censorship failed in American Idiot : )

Yeah it was cool! They actually showed the whole thing minus Letterbomb (but that is understandable as it was full of Billie drinking and stagediving etc) and I loved how their anal censorship failed in American Idiot : )

You mean the whole show?? Was Kill the DJ shown?

It was great! First time I've watched the show as well. I almost died seeing Scattered live on my tv and I enjoyed Billie being unable to sing When I Come Around for a while due to a fit of giggles caused by calling Mike a dirty whore :D

Also it's on again at 1am tonight in case anyone else wants to see it.

It was great! First time I've watched the show as well. I almost died seeing Scattered live on my tv and I enjoyed Billie being unable to sing When I Come Around for a while due to a fit of giggles caused by calling Mike a dirty whore :D

Also it's on again at 1am tonight in case anyone else wants to see it.

Haha yeah that was great! I love that they played that! I had seen it when they uploaded it to greenday.com but it was in parts weeks apart and low quality so it's great to finally see it all together in hq on a big screen :) Also it's cool they played the entire webcast including the trilogy songs as non-gd fans are more likely to hear them now!

Archived