Green Day Random News

Fuzz

Did anyone notice that Billie says "Stop When The Red Lights Flash" in their cover of That's All Right Mama? Does that mean that SWTRLF or Oh Love have been around THAT long? (Or at least the ideas) ^^

I wouldn't doubt it. Billie Joe is always writing. He probably just thought of the phrase back then, then later said "Hey this might be a cool thing to keep using."

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you talking about?

for 1989- this is not ugly

img23.jpg

tumblr_l742ljp4Ma1qciq2ao1_400.jpg

64217911682365126.jpg

So maybe he didn't age as well as Billie, he's still hot!

John+Kiffmeyer+HBO+New+York+Premiere+Pic

NOT!!! LOL

GREEN DAY’S COURT DATE

Before jamming at Barclays Center Sunday night, Green Day front man Billie Joe Armstrong and his 18-year-old son, Joseph, tossed the rock around the stadium’s basketball court that afternoon. “Billie got it started by rebounding the ball for Joey for the first few shots. Then Joey stayed and played for about an hour with three friends,” according to a courtside spectator passing through.

GREEN DAYS COURT DATE

Before jamming at Barclays Center Sunday night, Green Day front man Billie Joe Armstrong and his 18-year-old son,

Joseph, tossed the rock around the stadiums basketball court that afternoon. Billie got it started by rebounding the ball for Joey for the first few shots. Then Joey stayed and played for about an hour with three friends, according to a courtside spectator passing through.

http://www.com/entertainment/gossip/ex-con-snipes-job-sly-article-1.1311176#ixzz2PzQkUlr5

N'awwww, father and son bonding is cute.

Eric Clapton at the Mohegan Sun Arena, where Green Day lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong was also in the audience . . .
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/sightings_sy64yrfijyys8x0TVxlmZL

Mohegan Sun @MoheganSun 3h

Did you see Eric Clapton's #MoheganSunArena show Friday? Renee Zellweger & @GreenDay's @BJAofficial did

GREEN DAY’S COURT DATE

Before jamming at Barclays Center Sunday night, Green Day front man Billie Joe Armstrong and his 18-year-old son, Joseph, tossed the rock around the stadium’s basketball court that afternoon. “Billie got it started by rebounding the ball for Joey for the first few shots. Then Joey stayed and played for about an hour with three friends,” according to a courtside spectator passing through.

I skimmed the thread, saw "Green Day's Court Date" and was wondering what the hell they did... then I read the story. :lol:

I skimmed the thread, saw "Green Day's Court Date" and was wondering what the hell they did... then I read the story. :lol:

I thought I was the only one :lol: I actually got really scared for a second

Ugh! now I kind of want one, because I really need another Green Day shirt like I need another whole in my head; I have 5 so far!

There's a review from their dvd "Green Day: Between Us There Is Nothing" <which I don't know if it was posted, if it was, sorry I repeated it. It's from April 4th.

DVD Review: Green Day – Between Us There Is Nothing

Apr 4, 2013 Posted by McFly In Reviews Tagged American Idiot, Between Us There Is Nothing, Dookie, Green Day, Reprise Records

Be warned, Between Us There is Nothing is clearly targeted at diehard Green Day fans (and yes, there are still diehard Green Day fans). This two-DVD set was timed to come out just after the band’s ambitious release of three full lengths and a DVD spread out over several months (hampered a bit by frontman Billie Joe Armstrong’s public breakdown and time in rehab) collects various video interviews of the band from their first album on, with the second DVD including a documentary on the band.

The interviews on the first DVD are pulled from stations across the globe, including outlets as diverse as MTV and Time Magazine (assuming for its web site). Two things are quickly apparent in watching these interviews: one, the band has gotten far better at answering questions going from sophomoric and bratty in their interactions with the reporters to thoughtful and mature; And two, my God do reporters ask some dumb questions (Sample query: “Why does it seem that you never age?”).

The second disc is a somewhat interesting, unauthorized, hour-long British documentary. There is very little new that comes out of the film, devoting a lot of time to their start at the Gilman Street venue; the success of Dookie; and the low period leading up to American Idiot. Though these stories have all been covered before, there are still some interesting interviews, many flattering, some not so much, with folks from Lookout Records, Gilman Street and various DJs and music industry gadflys. Unfortunately the period after American Idiot up to now – not covered in the film – would make for a far more interesting doc. (John B. Moore)

There's a review from their dvd "Green Day: Between Us There Is Nothing" <which I don't know if it was posted, if it was, sorry I repeated it. It's from April 4th.

DVD Review: Green Day – Between Us There Is Nothing

Apr 4, 2013 Posted by McFly In Reviews Tagged American Idiot, Between Us There Is Nothing, Dookie, Green Day, Reprise Records

Be warned, Between Us There is Nothing is clearly targeted at diehard Green Day fans (and yes, there are still diehard Green Day fans). This two-DVD set was timed to come out just after the band’s ambitious release of three full lengths and a DVD spread out over several months (hampered a bit by frontman Billie Joe Armstrong’s public breakdown and time in rehab) collects various video interviews of the band from their first album on, with the second DVD including a documentary on the band.

The interviews on the first DVD are pulled from stations across the globe, including outlets as diverse as MTV and Time Magazine (assuming for its web site). Two things are quickly apparent in watching these interviews: one, the band has gotten far better at answering questions going from sophomoric and bratty in their interactions with the reporters to thoughtful and mature; And two, my God do reporters ask some dumb questions (Sample query: “Why does it seem that you never age?”).

The second disc is a somewhat interesting, unauthorized, hour-long British documentary. There is very little new that comes out of the film, devoting a lot of time to their start at the Gilman Street venue; the success of Dookie; and the low period leading up to American Idiot. Though these stories have all been covered before, there are still some interesting interviews, many flattering, some not so much, with folks from Lookout Records, Gilman Street and various DJs and music industry gadflys. Unfortunately the period after American Idiot up to now – not covered in the film – would make for a far more interesting doc. (John B. Moore)

Sounds like the second thing is the same as Pogo Paradise or whatever was done in the past... if the first one is a compliation of Green Day interviews I'd be interested to see which ones are included or if there are any rare ones, or just better quality versions of old ones. Does anyone here have this?

And two, my God do reporters ask some dumb questions (Sample query: “Why does it seem that you never age?”).

I take offense to that. :lol: Although, if I was lucky enough to interview them, I would indeed take a little more time to craft some better questions...

I take offense to that. :lol: Although, if I was lucky enough to interview them, I would indeed take a little more time to craft some better questions...

I think it wasn't interviewers' fault. That is ALWAYS the dumbest question coming from (dumb?) fans for Billie Joe. He responded to that like 3 or 4 times already! :rolleyes: Give him a break

I don´t know if this belongs here but here it goes..........

via renanigans (Apr 10, 2013) Billie Joe Armstrong in the hat shop today! #greenday
Goorin Bros. Hat Shop
Toronto, Canada

544094_10151517960528961_1722981352_n.jp

Via Green Day Live on tour

Omg he looks so cute!!! :runaround::runaround:

I love when he´s wearing glasses :wub:

via MDaveyMusic Matthew Davey 18m
Oh hey... Look who's here! Matt Bellamy from Muse and Billie Joe from Green Day! pic.twitter.com/DRstoEghhM
~ thank you Frinaldy!

557928_10151518002428961_516358127_n.jpg

Sorry, i didn´t know the pic was so big :P

Via Green Day Live on tour

Archived