Green Day Random News

Fuzz

Full press release

GREEN DAY LAUNCHES U.S. ARENA TOUR TONIGHT IN CHICAGO
Los Angeles, CA – March 28, 2013 –Reprise Records' multi-platinum Grammy®Award-winning Green Day will kick off their 2013 U.S. arena tour tonight in Chicago at Allstate Arena. The forthcoming U.S. arena shows follow three recent dates at intimate venues in Pomona, Tempe, and El Paso as well a highly momentous career spanning set during Austin’s South By Southwest. Billboard declared the set “…a punk rock extravaganza”, while the Associated Press asserted, “…they’re playing like the old days.”
Green Day is touring in support of its recently released album trilogy Green Day ¡Uno!, Green Day ¡Dos!, and Green Day ¡Tré! The albums are the follow-up to the Grammy Award-winning21st Century Breakdown, and were produced by the band's long-time producer Rob Cavallo.
The band recently premiered their documentary film ¡Cuatro! which was featured in the 20thAnniversary South by Southwest (SXSW) Film Conference. The film takes you inside the world of Green Day, chronicling the conceptualizing and recording of the album trilogy and features intimate live performances that took place along the way. Additionally, the Doug Hamilton directed Broadway Idiot premiered at SXSW. The film pulls back the curtain with lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong as he ventures into the strange new world of Broadway with their massive hit musical American Idiot.
Green Day is vocalist/guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong, bassist Mike Dirnt, and drummer Tré Cool.
“Green Day Blast Back With a Supercharged Billie Joe Armstrong.”
Rolling Stone
“Armstrong remains the epitome of a great frontman, a true rock and roll super star.”
Consequence of Sound
GREEN DAY 2013 LIVE DATES
MARCH
28th Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena
29th Moline, IL i wireless Center
31st Pittsburgh, PA CONSOL Energy Center
APRIL
1st Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena
3rd Philadelphia, PA Liacouras Center
4th Fairfax, VA Patriot Center
6th Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena
7th Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center
9th Providence, RI Dunkin Donuts Center
11th Toronto, ONT Air Canada Centre
12th Quebec City, QUE Colisee Pepsi
16th Berkeley, CA Greek Theatre
18th Los Angeles, CA Los Angeles Sports Arena
MAY
24th Milan, ITALY Fiera Milano Live
25th Trieste, ITALY Plazza Unita d’italia
27th Belgrade, SERBIA Kalemegdan Park
29th Vienna, AUSTRIA Krieau Rocks
JUNE
1st London, UNITED KINGDOM Emirates Stadium
5th Rome, ITALY Ippodromo Le Capannelle
6th Casalecchio Di Reno Bo, ITALY Unipol Arena
8th Nuremburg, GERMANY Rock Im Park
9th Wershofen, GERMANY Rock am Ring
16th Holland, Netherlands Pinkpop Festival
18th Lodz, POLAND Atlas Arena
21st Moscow, RUSSIA Olympic Arena
23rd Saint Petersburg, RUSSIA SKK Arena
25th Tallin, ESTONIA Tallin Song Festival Ground
26th Helsinki, FINLAND Rock The Beach Festival
28th Norrköping, SWEDEN Bravalla Festival
30th Oslo, NORWAY Ullevaal Stadium
JULY
2nd Copenhagen, DENMARK Refshaleøen
4th Werchter, BELGIUM Werchter Festival
5th Arras, FRANCE Mainsquare Festival
10th Nimes, FRANCE Festival de Nimes Arena
12th Lisbon, PORTUGAL Optimus Alive Festival
13th Bilbao, SPAIN Bilbao BKK Live Festival
###

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol why they keep writing Casalecchio di Reno Bo? Bo stands for Bologna because it's in the province of Bologna

The only thing I took away from that press release was the "Green Day is Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tre Cool." Just when I thought the Jason White debate was officially over.

The only thing I took away from that press release was the "Green Day is Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tre Cool." Just when I thought the Jason White debate was officially over.

The confusion continues...

The fire is still alive

WIN A TRIP FROM X96 TO SEE GREEN DAY IN SAN FRANCISCO

21-birthday-prize-4-green-day-LP.png?ito

Our 21st birthday celebration continues with 21 weeks of gifts for you! This week, we want to send you and a friend to see Green Day in San Francisco! Enter the X96 Workers Union at X96.com and listen for your name hourly from 9:05 to 4:05. If you hear your name, call us within 10 minutes and you’ll win a copy of Uno, Dos, and Tre! from Green Day and will be qualified for the trip to San Francisco to see them LIVE in their home town!

I'm usually the first one to go against people making allegations that Green Day has changed post Rehab but i found this pretty interesting. I was bored and reading about the rehearsal before the 2009 VMA's and found this.

"That's what we're supposed to do, you know? Play," Armstrong said. "We've had a lot of happy accidents. I think most of the stuff we do onstage was probably due to too much alcohol and then something happens. So we end up with these three-hour sets of just, like, shooting a toilet-paper gun at people or something. [We do it] just to have fun. It just works that way for us."

Don't think it really means that much but it's kinda ironic hearing that and seeing the shows cut down this year.

Their shows have been cut down? From what I hear it's been pretty much the same.

Their shows have been cut down? From what I hear it's been pretty much the same.

Well, the setlists have been changed from 2012, probably because before they released Dos and Tre, they could only play Uno songs pretty much, but now instead of 6 uno songs, we have 2 from each. And there's not as much throwing up on stage or messing up lyrics. But these aren't supposed to be big shows either. You can't compare Allstate Arena to Irving Plaza. Only big shows in big cities with lots and lots of people will have 40 songs, half of which are rare ones.

Well, the setlists have been changed from 2012, probably because before they released Dos and Tre, they could only play Uno songs pretty much, but now instead of 6 uno songs, we have 2 from each. And there's not as much throwing up on stage or messing up lyrics. But these aren't supposed to be big shows either. You can't compare Allstate Arena to Irving Plaza. Only big shows in big cities with lots and lots of people will have 40 songs, half of which are rare ones.

Although I know the New Yorkers i work with see Chicago as a cute little cow town, by any other standard, it's a big city. Allstate is in Chicago metro area. Thinking more seats in the arena than in Irving Plaza

And, from what we saw over the past year, I'd say the more intimate the venue (therefore, the more likely to have mostly hardcore fans), the longer the show. Less likely to have strict curfews etc at the bars, small theaters, too.

Ah, I see. I thought he meant there are less stage antics now since Billie got sober, to which I replied that it didn't seem any different. But I understand now!

Not got time to check the thread; I have just seen an ad on UK Television.

The iHeart Festival 2012 starring; (....... + Green Day) will be shown on 4Music (Sky 360) at 1110am tomorrow morning (ie before the watershed).

The iHeart Festival 2012 starring; (....... + Green Day) will be shown on 4Music (Sky 360) at 1110am tomorrow morning (ie before the watershed).

Well that will be a heavily edited Green Day set. They'll probably just show one or 2 songs from each band.

Well that will be a heavily edited Green Day set. They'll probably just show one or 2 songs from each band.

Probaly, but I'll record it in case there are any pre-show band interviews.

It aired on American television a few months ago and they literally only showed half of American Idiot. That's all.

Of it's the same version they aired here, it wiill be half of American Idiot and they try to make the guitar smashing look good

Green Day @GreenDay

Mike Dirnt will be signing autographs and giving away a bass guitar today at House of Guitars in Rochester

I though he was joking when he wrote it on Instagram :lol:

I was just watching Jackass, and I can't help it, dosen't Billie Joe look like Bam Margera? Like for real?

I was just watching Jackass, and I can't help it, dosen't Billie Joe look like Bam Margera? Like for real?

I personally don't see it. Their bone structures are completely different.

Archived