Billie Joe tweets Green Day started recording their new album today

LMC

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if they'll release videos of them working like they did last time with the recording of 21st Century.

*GASP* IURGHERUGPIRGHQEBFGO3I4TOIFHVIYAGTU3HGAIFYGOQGYFBWDGVIYEGTUGF8DSGFUWEGFI *SQUEAL*

:runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround:

^ My exact reaction when I read the tweet... In science class... When we were doing independent reading :mellow::lol:

I am too fucking excited.

What was starting to be the worst Valentines ever, Is now the best. :wub::D:dance:

YAY!!!! :dance: i really can't wait for it!!!! :bunny:

now..we just need a release date and all will be great!

I was in the car when I got the tweet sent to my phone.

I was laughing with tears in my eyes. Everyone in the car was staring at me. :lol:

Aww, y'know what's so fucking great is this mutual thing of Billie Joe being so excited to post this, knowing how excited and happy we are to receive it. Fucking great energy for this album!!

:woot:

Holy cow :runaround:

I'm dying. I have had the worst Valentines Day ever, until this news. I knew my Valentines Day would end well, i had this weird feeling :)

Wooooo! :D

Well... This guy really knows how to cheer someone up, huh? :D

Love it.

A welcome return to twitter, and what a way to do it! :woot:

I am soooo pumped about this! How long do you guys think it'll take them to finish recording? Then after that we'll have the couple months torture of waiting for it to be released though....

I'm in a bit of a pickle: I really want them to come up with more exciting names for all the awesome songs we've been hearing at the secret shows, and I bet they'll change some of them, but then when they announce the tracklist I'll be freaking out because I won't know if they included my favorites (Oh Love!). Anyway.

I really can't imagine them naming the album It's Fuck Time. As cool as that would be, I think they're too mainstream and that would be a bit more irresponsible popular suicide than just denying Walmart censored albums. There's anti-establishment and then there's kicking yourself. It'd be cool if they put the song on the album, though, and released it as a single, although I'm trying to figure out how they could censor it properly for radio like Cee Lo Green :D

Plus I agree that it'd be cool if the album wasn't named after a song, though Carpe Diem is fine. I agree with whoever said, just let it be called something shorter than 21CB... that was a fucking mouthful, and not a really entertaining one like "How to dismantle an atomic bomb" :happy:

It'd be cool if they put the song on the album, though, and released it as a single, although I'm trying to figure out how they could censor it properly for radio like Cee Lo Green :D

It's Hug Time :P

I DONE TOLE YA

You should did. And because of you, GDC knew about it before anyone else. You're awesome! :)

Plus I agree that it'd be cool if the album wasn't named after a song, though Carpe Diem is fine. I agree with whoever said, just let it be called something shorter than 21CB... that was a fucking mouthful, and not a really entertaining one like "How to dismantle an atomic bomb" :happy:

I have this thing where the longer the album title, the less confident the band is about it. Any more than two words as a title, and they're falling over themselves to explain it to you, because they're worrying about how it'll be received. If they're fuck-off confident, there'll be a fuck-off, one or two word title. Of course, there are exceptions - within and without Green Day - but generally, if you know what you wanna say, you just stick a quick, instinctive name on it, and let the songs talk.

Archived