Billie Joe tweets Green Day started recording their new album today

LMC

Just saw Billie's tweet...IT'S FUCKING OFFICIAL!!! :banana::bunny: :bunny:

I expect more tweets from now on :woot:

And I wonder if they'll put It's Fuck Time in the new album, seen the reference and since they played it a lot during the secret shows...it'd be fucking great :woot:

Too much things and feelings flying in my head :runaround:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wont be surprised if they call the new album "It's Fuck Time"..the new songs indeed sound like a mix of Nimrod-Warning & FBHT

and it would kind of continue the title of their last live-cd/dvd 'awesome as fuck' :D

Oh Green Day :)

I'm having an awful awful day so Billie must have known and decided to throw me a line to cheer me up. Obviously.

wont be surprised if they call the new album "It's Fuck Time"..the new songs indeed sound like a mix of Nimrod-Warning & FBHT

and it would kind of continue the title of their last live-cd/dvd 'awesome as fuck' :D

That is an awesome idea! It would be cool if this would be true :)

Best idea ever :lol:. I demand that they call it It's Fuck Time!

Totally approved!!! :woot:

Best idea ever :lol:. I demand that they call it It's Fuck Time!

Let's start a petition for it! :lol:

In my opinion (and it is just my opinion) that may be because they're redoing cigarrettes and valentines, with more new songs maybe, or just a coincidence.

haha yeah maybe :lol: ...or simply cos they love us and wanna show us that :wub:

:lol:

Best song to start recording on Valentine's Day: "Oh Love". Just sayin'. :wub:

Definitely exciting news. I have a feeling we will be more "involved" in this album than ever before. Last time around they gave us a few 'easter eggs', like the few videos they posted where we could hear Viva la Gloria [Little Girl], plus showing the frequency for their pirate radio station.

Since the last album, Billie joined Twitter. Today we got something we've never gotten before, and I'm betting it's just the beginning. While I think they will still keep the songs and details under wraps, I think Billie will keep us in the loop, and I'm sure they will drop little surprises here and there.

Also, I'd put my money on a Fall release, shortly after the Summer festivals.

This shitty valentine's day just got so much better. Think I'll celebrate with another liter of B&J! :wub:

Stay the night has to be on this album!

Any word on a producer and which studio they are recording in? I mean are they doing it in their own studio or elsewhere?

Any word on a producer and which studio they are recording in? I mean are they doing it in their own studio or elsewhere?

Well, Billie was near LA the other day so I'll assume in LA. But when the person ran into Jason White the other day, he was in San Fran. So who knows.

As far as producer, it's up in the air (if they even have one).

When I heard this news I just wanted to scream with excitement . . . but I wasn't in a place where anyone would understand. I know you guys understand . . .

I can't wipe the smile off my face!!

:D

Ok so I don't know if it's been done already but I did a check on the surprise shows and these are the most commonly played songs. So, in 5 shows Nuclear Family and Carpe Diem where played five times, Stay the Night and Fuck time were played 4 times, Oh Love, Let yourself go, Amy and Sweet sixteen played 3 times each, then Stray Heart, 8th Avenue, Trouble Maker, Wow that's loud, Ashley and Wild One played twice each. The rest (9 songs) only played once. This might give us an idea of what they'll be recording

So happy :woot: I know it'll prob take months before we get the album, but just the thought that the ball is rolling..... this made my day :wub:

oh baby baby it's fuck time! i saw the tweet about 10 mins after Billie wrote it but i'm still so happy! made my day!!!

Well, Billie was near LA the other day so I'll assume in LA. But when the person ran into Jason White the other day, he was in San Fran. So who knows.

As far as producer, it's up in the air (if they even have one).

I wouldn't say no to Butch Vig again if he did a job similar to the Foo Fighters record. I am just curious to see who it actually is . . .

I wouldn't say no to Butch Vig again if he did a job similar to the Foo Fighters record. I am just curious to see who it actually is . . .

I really really want Rob Cavallo with them again.

Archived