Show in Austin, TX tonight at Red7

laurelw

Thanks, but we don't need to make this a "my dick is bigger than yours" contest.

oh snap.... its not???? my bad wrong forum.....

you - <========3

me - <=3

you win

I bet I know why Green Day is in Austin. Maybe they are hoping that Rick Perry will actually go back there to work (since his job is SUPPOSE to be Governor of Texas), so they can say to his face, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...YOU ARE EVEN MORE STUPID THAN GEORGE BUSH!!!!" ;) Oh well, I wish I could do that.

oh snap.... its not???? my bad wrong forum.....

you - <========3

me - <=3

you win

Rules of war: tell your enemy they have a large penis, then you win.

I'm on to you :ninja:

Rules of war: tell your enemy they have a large penis, then you win.

I'm on to you :ninja:

Oh gosh, this mad me laugh so hard.

OK so in all seriousness I NEED a line buddy tomorrow!!!

I will be at the venue early-ish but I have to go by work from 2-4ish and need some one to hold a place. I can pick up food when I come back!

Email me denagreenwalt@gmail.com

OK so in all seriousness I NEED a line buddy tomorrow!!!

I will be at the venue early-ish but I have to go by work from 2-4ish and need some one to hold a place. I can pick up food when I come back!

Email me denagreenwalt@gmail.com

check your face book i messaged u about holding ur spot

Checking everything...

Not Continental (Last show @ 10:30)

Not Stubbs,

Red 7 has no one booked

Not Emo's,

Not Red Eyed Fly,

Not Scoot Inn,

Not The Parish,

Not Antones,

Not Mowawk.

I see nothing for November at La Zona Roza, Austin Music Hall or the Austin Theater for November...I am checking any where I can find...

Unless there are any other clubs I am unaware of not sure so please tell me any clubs there that would be possible!....wishing they were in Florida more then ever right now!

continental has midnight shows. also they have been known to kick people of schedules before

I bet I know why Green Day is in Austin. Maybe they are hoping that Rick Perry will actually go back there to work (since his job is SUPPOSE to be Governor of Texas), so they can say to his face, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...YOU ARE EVEN MORE STUPID THAN GEORGE BUSH!!!!" ;) Oh well, I wish I could do that.

mmmm I forgot my point... What where we saying ?

Dare i say its in dallas? Sadly me going to austin just cant happen. I have school =( and then its a 3 hour drive! =(

I have to get some sleep now so I will catch up on all the madness tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone in Austin and Tony for coming all the way! Can't wait to see what is finally gonna happen for yet another surprise show! :runaround:

i really hope they do an online sale cuz i won't be able to get to austin until at least 6 =/

Hi guys. So I drove down 6th and didn't see the neon sign that has been mentioned itt. I'd be almost shocked if they played anywhere on 6th street anyway seeing as even semi popular bands don't play there outside of sxsw. Unless there is a picture, it's not real.

Mohawk and Stubbs have inside shows planned so you can almost rule them out as hosting a big Green Day surprise.

Also, let's not pretend that deathwishdena "guessed" on her own that they were playing at red7. Both red7 and Emo's posted on their fb pages that there was a "big announcement" tomorrow. Anyone "liking" these pages would have seen this in their feed because I certainly did. Since she has posted on the walls of almost every other venue in Austin (strong detective skills) it is more likely that she saw this as well. Other people commented on the red7 page specifically that Green Day was playing and red7 denied it. Since then, both pages have removed these posts. Red7, Emo's, and Mohawk usually play off of each other with the promoters of Fun Fun Fun Fest, C3, and Transmission Entertainment as they all share talent and booking info with one another. I doubt La Zona Rosa is tied into this at all as the place has seemed pretty dead in the last few weeks.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that they are playing close by these venues in a parking lot or field. Other bands including The Strokes more recently played a free show at Zilker Park that led to a near riot. I'm not sure what's going on at Waterloo Park (a block or so from Mohawk and just a few more from Emo's/red7), but there are posts all around it that I didn't notice before that could easily support a fence and I don't see anything listed as being planned there tomorrow or this weekend. Fun Fun Fun Fest used to be held there so I wouldn't rule it out.

Also, my penis is bigger than Dena's.

edit: Still not ruling out red7, but I can't really imagine them making a big announcement at noon that they are playing at a tiny venue like that because it would be a logistical nightmare. I would guess that they will either announce that they are playing somewhere with enough space to hold a lot of people OR they won't be specific at all and turn it into a treasure hunt.

Your penis is bigger then mine.

And I am fine with that. I like penis... A lot.

I have confirmed ticket sales are CASH ONLY

2 per person

If you can buy at the venue I have no idea

All my info comes straight from bouncers, bartenders, and owners here in Austin

FB is a waste of my time

Your penis is bigger then mine.

And I am fine with that. I like penis... A lot.

I have confirmed ticket sales are CASH ONLY

2 per person

If you can buy at the venue I have no idea

All my info comes straight from bouncers, bartenders, and owners here in Austin

FB is a waste of my time

If it is cash only, then it has to be tickets at the venue since I don't know how you would use cash online to buy tickets. :)

I'm pretty sure it is indeed the Continental Club. The band frequents the club whenever in town, including sightings last night. They stay and are staying at the hotel owned by the same owner, whom I am told they are good friends with. I'm sure there wont be advance tickets. It will probably be cash at the door. First come, First serve. There is also no way it will be at a larger venue like Music Hall or La Zona Rosa, as there is too much production involved and this is a "secret show". A bare bones rock show in a small rock club.

And it is actually, totally the kind of place they would hang out. Trust me.

If it is cash only, then it has to be tickets at the venue since I don't know how you would use cash online to buy tickets. :)

Well we have places like Waterloo records and what not that sell tickets so.... it might not all be at the venue. But I would assume it is. Just don't want people pissed if that is not the case...

crap if its cash only i'm going to need a line buddy too. i'll pay double for a ticket and bring tasty snacks :happy: i'm not missing this show because of a stupid test :dry:

is anyone else almost to the point of fucking dying from multiple hardcore strokes........... i need to go to this fucking show......... arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys. So I drove down 6th and didn't see the neon sign that has been mentioned itt. I'd be almost shocked if they played anywhere on 6th street anyway seeing as even semi popular bands don't play there outside of sxsw. Unless there is a picture, it's not real.

Mohawk and Stubbs have inside shows planned so you can almost rule them out as hosting a big Green Day surprise.

Also, let's not pretend that deathwishdena "guessed" on her own that they were playing at red7. Both red7 and Emo's posted on their fb pages that there was a "big announcement" tomorrow. Anyone "liking" these pages would have seen this in their feed because I certainly did. Since she has posted on the walls of almost every other venue in Austin (strong detective skills) it is more likely that she saw this as well. Other people commented on the red7 page specifically that Green Day was playing and red7 denied it. Since then, both pages have removed these posts. Red7, Emo's, and Mohawk usually play off of each other with the promoters of Fun Fun Fun Fest, C3, and Transmission Entertainment as they all share talent and booking info with one another. I doubt La Zona Rosa is tied into this at all as the place has seemed pretty dead in the last few weeks.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that they are playing close by these venues in a parking lot or field. Other bands including The Strokes more recently played a free show at Zilker Park that led to a near riot. I'm not sure what's going on at Waterloo Park (a block or so from Mohawk and just a few more from Emo's/red7), but there are posts all around it that I didn't notice before that could easily support a fence and I don't see anything listed as being planned there tomorrow or this weekend. Fun Fun Fun Fest used to be held there so I wouldn't rule it out.

Also, my penis is bigger than Dena's.

edit: Still not ruling out red7, but I can't really imagine them making a big announcement at noon that they are playing at a tiny venue like that because it would be a logistical nightmare. I would guess that they will either announce that they are playing somewhere with enough space to hold a lot of people OR they won't be specific at all and turn it into a treasure hunt.

I see you are new to the board so you probably don't realize that is what Green Day usually does. They usually announce small venues on the day of and sometimes the day before when it is a "surprise" show. They learned from the Costa Mesa show, that they couldn't name the small venue 2 days in advance because it created so much chaos. It started out as cash tickets at the door and then changed over night to tickets on sale online the day of. The previous "secret" shows that were announced in the Bay Area (before 21st Century Breakdown release) were announced around noon the day of the shows. The one in September of this year was announced around noon the day of the show. The last one (which wasn't their own show) was tweeted by Billie Joe and Adrienne about an hour before the show. They give very little notice of the shows.

I have confirmed that it definitely is not a C3 or Transmission production.

This rules out all of their venues. Including Red7

I see you are new to the board so you probably don't realize that is what Green Day usually does. They usually announce small venues on the day of and sometimes the day before when it is a "surprise" show.

Austin isn't like anywhere else. Unless its announced an hour before it will hardly be a surprise. Expect gridlock if this is announced at noon to be anywhere near 6th and Red River.

DFA 1979 @ Beauty Bar was probably the most "secret show" in Austin in the last couple of years and people still knew it was coming. Metallica, Muse, and Kanye all tried to surprise and failed miserably.

It seems every body knows it is going to be in Austin. They are doing a pretty good job of keeping the venue a secret.

I'm trying to decide if I should drive down to Austin. Part of me wants to be spontaneous and do it, and another part of me is just like, eh.

But seeing Green Day in a small venue is such a treat...

Archived