Show in Austin, TX tonight at Red7

laurelw

YES I'm asking all my friends here in Austin on it (great time to live in the music capital!), all their guesses are Stubb's or Mohawk, they're played as Foxboro Hottubs AND Green Day at Stubb's. So excited! And sorry for all y'all out of state thanks for helping us try to solve the puzzle! Secret shows are nerve-wracking.

I am hearing a NO on Stubbs !!! YEY! I fucking HATE that venue

And a no on Mohawk... (but this one I wouldn't hold my breath form I would hold this as a MAYBE)

I am hearing a NO on Stubbs !!! YEY! I fucking HATE that venue

And a no on Mohawk... (but this one I wouldn't hold my breath form I would hold this as a MAYBE)

You are awesome.

out of context, that sounds horrible...lol

seriously, continental is REALLY small. id say less than 500 for sure. and thats with the house RAMMED. and i also think that theyre at least 18+, if not 21+...not that an all ages would be out of the question, but if i remember right, the bar DOES have an age requirement...

They have NOT been playing all ages shows at the secret shows. The places they have been playing have been way less than 500 people. They have been doing small intimate shows so a tiny venue is about right. The secret shows are not regular Green Day shows. They have been teeny, tiny venues.

Just gonna say that I still think it'll be Red-7.

It's on 7th street, holds 500 people, and seems like a venue the guys would play at and no one is playing there tomorrow.

If not there, possibly La Zona Rosa. Just my thoughts though. Could be wrong.

Just gonna say that I still think it'll be Red-7.

SHIIIIIT! I forgot about this.... THIS is a good GOOD

LIKE I WOULD PUT MOST OF MY EGGS IN THIS BASKET!!!

This would be much easier if they played in a bumfuck old town that only had one venue...

Here's the Red-7 Club that's being speculated about:

http://g.co/maps/5mzqn

It's indeed very red. Very... ruby, you could say.

ohohoho

ALRIGHT EVERYONE. IVE GOT INSIDE INFO. i just talked to my cousin, who lives in Dallas and has a musician friend in Austin. the guy told my cousin this: "on 6th street in downtown Austin, theres a GIANT blinking green and white neon sign that says St. Jimmy on it. Ive never seen it there before this week"

a giant flashing ST JIMMY sign might just do it folks...

Then can I keep/steal the ST JIMMY sign?? :dance::runaround:

Love that there's a restaurant/teahouse and a jail bond place on either side of it. :D

I was thinking the same thing :lol:

I just called continental club and the guy said the heebie jeebies would be playing at midnight tomorrow. And I asked if green day would be playing and he laughed really weird and said no....so...wtf. I don't know if he was lying or if he had been asked it enough already so it was actually funny.

I think he was asked so much it was funny!

The guys like to get a drink and that seems close to their hotel so I can see why they would hang out there!

Not thinking it is Continental!

even if it is at the continental club do you think they would actually show that green day is playing? I think the owner knows what kind of hysteria would happen if he did post it officially

That is true but why would they put someone else's name down?

I think he was asked so much it was funny!

The guys like to get a drink and that seems close to their hotel so I can see why they would hang out there!

Not thinking it is Continental!

That is true but why would they put someone else's name down?

Throw us off ! Why else..

I can say Billy Bob is playing here and not Green Day people will be like oh well it's already booked..

Checking everything...

Not Continental (Last show @ 10:30)

Not Stubbs,

Red 7 has no one booked

Not Emo's,

Not Red Eyed Fly,

Not Scoot Inn,

Not The Parish,

Not Antones,

Not Mowawk.

I see nothing for November at La Zona Roza, Austin Music Hall or the Austin Theater for November...I am checking any where I can find...

Unless there are any other clubs I am unaware of not sure so please tell me any clubs there that would be possible!....wishing they were in Florida more then ever right now!

Love that there's a restaurant/teahouse and a jail bond place on either side of it. :D

there is a police station one block over.

I personally think someone should hang out around Continental club to see if anything about GD is coming up...if the guy said they hang out there a lot lately then there is a chance you might run into them....not meaning they will tell you but if I was available and in the area I know I would...just an idea to throw out to anyone near by! I know it seems crazy but you never know!

Checking everything...

Not Stubbs,

Red 7 has no one booked

Not Emo's,

Not Red Eyed Fly,

Not Scoot Inn,

Not The Parish,

Not Antones,

Not Mowawk.

I see nothing for November at La Zona Roza, Austin Music Hall or the Austin Theater for November...I am checking any where I can find...

Unless there are any other clubs I am unaware of not sure so please tell me any clubs there that would be possible!....wishing they were in Florida more then ever right now!

Thanks for checking again. I looked earlier and Austin Music Hall seems like it would be way to big for this type of event.

The only other idea was Austin City Limits Live studio

I also though of the Driskill hotel but they already have music planned for there tomorrow.

Thanks for checking again. I looked earlier and Austin Music Hall seems like it would be way to big for this type of event.

The only other idea was Austin City Limits Live studio

I also though of the Driskill hotel but they already have music planned for there tomorrow.

I checked those out on google...don't see anything....Driskill is a hotel my parents want to take us to I think because it is like haunted or something and we want to see ghosts and won't believe in one until it happens! Wishing we were there now! My mom just wants to stay at a haunted hotel!

Checking everything...

Not Stubbs,

Red 7 has no one booked

Not Emo's,

Not Red Eyed Fly,

Not Scoot Inn,

Not The Parish,

Not Antones,

Not Mowawk.

Let us take a look at your list and use deductive reasoning from there...

I will say I am 80% sure it will be at RED 7 tomorrow.

From all the "clues" I have gotten from friends who "can't" say and then a friend who WORKS at red 7 and said he, "Can not confirm or deny it" instead of just out right saying NO.

I would not be surprised if THIS is it!!!

i would like to point out that there are 2 Emo's location... classic Emo's is downtown on red river (and there is indeed a show there 2morrow) but there is a new location off of riverside (emo's east) which has no show 2morrow. c3 is the company throwing the show so find all the venues that c3 works at and start checking em off the list. it could be la zona rosa, red 7, or emo's east. I know where their practice space is as well....... but that's my secret :oP

I will say I am 80% sure it will be at RED 7 tomorrow.

From all the "clues" I have gotten from friends who "can't" say and then a friend who WORKS at red 7 and said he, "Can not confirm or deny it" instead of just out right saying NO.

I would not be surprised if THIS is it!!!

They would have put it somewhere...that is only possible because there is nothing booked and Green Day might have asked them to not put anything until they release any information about where they are.

I know where their practice space is as well....... but that's my secret :oP

Thanks, but we don't need to make this a "my dick is bigger than yours" contest.

They would have put it somewhere...that is only possible because there is nothing booked and Green Day might have asked them to not put anything until they release any information about where they are.

Well the thing is there is no shows at a lot of places tomorrow including Stubb's and Mohawk who's LARGE stages have nothing booked but I have gotten hard NO's from all there staff

And like i said the official announcement on the venue ETC is not til NOON tomorrow

Archived