Green Day 33 Day Challenge

GreenDayBillie

1. When I was 4 my Mum accidentally bought International Superhits for Dad's birthday, thinking he loved GD. He'd never heard of them but he got me to listen to the album all the time. Then we bought AI and 21CB when they came out, then eventually bought the older albums.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 8 ~ Favorite quote from Tré?

Anything Tré says is pure awesomeness. Everything could be my favorite. Bullet In A Bible contained some of his best I reckon. So, I say...

"Tre Cool plays the drums in Green Day, and he snorts donut sprinkles"

Day 3 ~ Which band member inspires you the most?

Normally, people who do tons of drugs and get kicked off of planes don't inspire me, but I'd have to say Billie Joe.

Day 1 ~ How did you get into Green Day?

I was watching a Naruto fan vid and BOBD came on, I was instantly hooked to the song! And then I searched and heard American Idiot, Holiday, etc., and was fucking hooked to the band!

Definitely Billie. His lyrics alone are a real inspiration for me. Plus, I share his opinion on lots of things (don't let me go into detail here), so over the years, he became a really inspirational person for me.

Day 9 ~ Favorite Green Day picture?

Oh that's a tough one for me. But it might be very simple.. this one. When I look at it, I can't stop smiling. Even if I look at it for the 10000th time. :lol:

normal_21stCenturyBreakdown49.jpg

Day 3 - Billie Joe. I just wrote a whole paper on him for my public speaking class about how much he inspires me

Day 8 - Favorite quote from Tre

Has to be the famous "No man can eat 50 eggs"

This is actually very cool... I'm going to start now lol

Day 1- How did you get into Green Day?

Because of Working Class Hero coming in MTV, I absolutely loved it, it's such a beautiful and powerful cover. So I got interested, I asked my father if he had any of their albuns and he gave me Dookie, American Idiot and Transmissions (live CD) ... I loved those albums and so I found GDA and checked youtube for videos + pictures (because I thought Billie had beautiful green eyes and all that)...

Yeah, I think that's how it all began... When I got my own computer and internet I got even more into them, downloaded all their albums, including Stop Drop And Roll, which I thought was the best thing ever. Then Joined GDC for the download links, and eventually started posting in the end of 2008..

My story!

Day 7 ~ Favorite quote from Mike?

Probably "I have a daughter and she's the greatest thing that ever happened to me. She gives me a good excuse to watch cartoons." It always makes me smile :happy:

"Everyone is entitled to our opinion" always made me laugh. among with many other things he's said but there's really no point in listing them all here.

Day 1 (yeah i know i'm late :lol:): How did you get into Green Day?

well, i've heard some songs on the radio and later my (ex)hockey team listened to American Idiot, i loved that song, but didn't know that it's by Green Day. Later there came MTV Noise and i watched it and loved all songs...there i also found out that that song is by Green Day....i knew almost all the other songs there already :lol: ....they've already been my fave band, but i didn't know so many songs of them. The Michael Jackson died and i first became a huge fan of him (and i'm still), but somewhen i was sooo bored and didn't wanna listen to a MJ song again, cos i already knew all...and he was dead, so nothing new came and then i asked myself "Why don't you listen to Green Day? it's ya fave band, but you don't know so many songs", so i listened to them and that's where my obsession began :lol: ....everything very randomly :lol: (and btw that was my short way of explaining, i could have make it longer :P but i don't wanna annoy anyone here)

Day 2: your favorite band member

Can I just be cliche and say all? xD

Day 9 ~ Favorite Green Day picture?

Oh that's a tough one for me. But it might be very simple.. this one. When I look at it, I can't stop smiling. Even if I look at it for the 10000th time. :lol:

I've never seen this one before, but it's awesome.

"Don't jack off a cactus, you'll only hurt your hand and the cactus' feelings"

"I wish people would turn off their computers, go outside, talk to people, touch people, lick people, enjoy each other's company and smell each other on the rump"

"I've matured, maybe, but not grown up."

8) It doesn't matter how you pick your nose, it's where you put the booger that counts.

I can't possibly answer that. Billie's inspiring lyrics wouldn't come across the same without the awesome music they all make together

I havent done this for a few days, so I'm going to do some catching up...

Day 4 ~ If you have to choose between one, which bandmember would you meet and why?

I'd can't choose, I want to meet them all really bad. I honestly can't choose.

Day 5 ~ If you had the chance to ask Green Day something, what would you ask them?

I'd ask them each what their favorite song from every album, and why.

Day 6 ~ Favorite quote from Billie Joe?

"There's nothing wrong with being a loser, it just depends on how good you are at it."

There I think I'm caught up. If not I'm close :)

Archived