Green Day 33 Day Challenge

GreenDayBillie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 28 ~ Favorite song from Awesome As Fuck?

DVD - American Eulogy

CD - Christie Road

[Day 29] What’s a song you always listen to when you’re sad?

Know Your Enemy, Jesus Of Suburbia, and Platypus (I Hate You).

[Day 30] What’s a song you always listen to when you’re happy?

Whatever my favorite song is at that time.

Day 1~How did you get into Green Day?

It was around 2008ish, and I was 10. The only songs I think I'd heard, or at least recognized as Green Day, were American Idiot, Wake Me Up When September Ends, and Boulevard of Broken Dreams. For the past year, I had been completely obsessed, and I mean obsessed, with the Jonas Brothers. (I know, I know, I was 10, cut me some slack.) I was on Youtube one day in September, just listening to music, when I decided I wanted something different for a change. I kinda knew who Green Day was, so I went to their channel. I watched the video of Jesus of Suburbia from Bullet in a Bible, and my life was forever changed. Someting in me was definitely stirred. All day, every day for the rest of that week, I listened to nothing but Green Day, and quickly learned the lyrics and story to every song, as well as detailed biographies of the band and each of its members. And here I am, 4 years late, still going strong.

Day 29 ~ What’s a song you always listen to when you’re sad?

21 Guns

Day 30 ~ What’s a song you always listen to when you’re happy?

When I Come Around

Day 2~Favorite Green Day member?

Ya'know, this one is kinda hard. I don't want to be one of those typical fangirls that's like "Oh, I love Billie Joe because he's soooo hot and his voice sounds like angels!" Although, he is #1 on my list of sexy people over the age of 40, and his voice is pretty eargasmic. I like him for more than the typical reasons though, not just for what he does but for what he is. He's really a great guy. To come from the background he did (very similar to mine) and come as far as he's come. He's one of the few famous people who hasn't been divorced (not that there's anything at all wrong with Tre), and has a healthy marriage and 2 well raised kids. Not to mention his unbelievable ability to write lyrics that have helped to shape your life.

Day 17~ At the Library!! but i cant choose that album is one of my favorites!!

Day 3~Which Green Day member inspires you the most?

Well, obviously, but not so obviously the same as my favorite member, Billie Joe Armstrong. We come from similar backgrounds, and to come as far as he has is just amazing. His song lyrics have pretty much literally changed my life, and it's just unbelieveable how he can hit that one spot deep inside your heart and just relate so much.

Day 31 ~ Which videoclip do you like the most?

Walking Contradiction

Day 32 ~ Favorite piece of Green Day merch that you own?

Maybe my cup with with Warning cover.

Day 4 ~ If you have to choose between one, which bandmember would you meet and why?

Well, it's pretty hard to choose just one, but probably Billie Joe. He just seems like a really cool guy to hang out with. Tre is amaizng in his crazyness, and so is Mike in his...Mikeness, but Billie just seems like a pretty chill (well, maybe that's not the best word) guy.

So I'm going to be out of town for the next week, with no internet access, so I'm going to cheat and do a weeks worth now.

Day 5 ~ If you had the chance to ask Green Day something, what would you ask them?

I would ask them how they've managed to put up with each other and stay really close friends for all these years.

Day 6 ~ Favorite quote from Billie Joe?

"I'm not gonna say anything inspirational; I'm just gonna fucking swear a lot."

Day 7 ~ Favorite quote from Mike?

"Green Day is like sex, when we're good, we're really good. And when we're bad...we're still pretty damn good."

"Green Day is like sex, when were good, were really good, when were bad . . . were still pretty damn good."

Day 8 ~ Favorite quote from Tré?

"Why are there no clouds in the sky? Because God wants to watch his favorite band again!"-Bullet in a Bible

Archived