Green Day 33 Day Challenge

GreenDayBillie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 1: I was watching TV and everytime Boulevard of Broken Dreams came up on MTV I switched the channel, I don't know why. But when I finally listened to the radio and the song was on I didn't switch it and totally fell in love with that song. After that I watched the video on MTV and I thought "man this guy in the middle is looking sexy" :eyebrows: and when I heard the name of the band I thought that I had heard it before and looked in my drawer and there was a Green Day poster inside and so I hung it on the wall and the next days or weeks, I don't know anymore, I bought the single CD from Boulevard of Broken Dreams and so all began...

Day 3- Most inspiring band member...I don't think I can choose. I would say the entire band. I mean they do whatever the hell they want without anyone stopping them. I really respect Green Day because they didn't let anyone or anything hold them back. And that fact inspires me. It really keeps me going when I think I'm a failure. Because of them I know I can achieve my dreams as cheesy as that sounds.

Day 2: It's really hard to pick a favorite, but... if I have to, Billie Joe

Day 3 ~ Which band member inspires you the most?

Mike,because he seems to have a personality pretty close to mine.I pretty much like being watching the situation and being quiet,but sometimes I like saying something funny too.In photos,I don't usually smile normally because I hate it,but instead I have cazy faces or just smirk.We're pretty similar,so I draw inspiration from his actions.Like,for example,if I'm depressed due to anything,I think "Mike was the son of two addicts to cocaine who gave him to adoption when he was 6 weeks old,then lived with a couple,then they got divorced,and he lived first with his biological sister,then with is adoptive mother and her new husband,then he got on well with her husband and he taught him everything about life and then died.And he still got far in life,has a lot of money,a wife,children,and is happy.So why was I so sad?"

Okay, day 1:

Obviously, I had heard Green Day's hits on the radio, and I enjoyed them, but for some reason, I never bought any of their music. Then one day, I was listening to the radio on my iPod and BOBD came on. I listened to it, then skipped back and listened to it again. And again. And again! Until it wouldn't let me anymore! It was so awesome. And it's not like I hadn't heard that song before... But I was absolutely in awe. Then, a while later, I downloaded Pandora, and GD kept popping up on almost all my stations. So, I eventually created a GD channel, and the love just progressed from there! Now I am proud to say that I am obsessed :D

Day 4 ~ If you have to choose between one, which bandmember would you meet and why?

Once again,Mike.Specially if it was for meeting him for having a drink or something.He looks like a perfect friend for having fun,but sometimes talking about something more serious.Not to sound weird here,but I think Mike would be my best friend if we were friends.Tré is just too crazy for me,and Billie would be my second option,because he is mad but he is cool and more balanced.Mike seems to be more relaxed,more like a person you can talk to when you need it,but still a very funny person you can spend your time with.I often daydream about being a GD member,or a friend of their,and in all of my daydreams,we're on tour and Mike and me are best friends,because a must-have for my best friend is listening,and making me feel better when I'm depressed,because I'm a "melodramatic fool".

Like most other people, heard them on the radio, started exploring. found out that they actually had played since 87! xD

1. I had bought 21 Guns, which I had heard on the radio. Then in an effort to try home sharing on iTunes, I tried putting Good Riddance on my iPod (Long story short, I accidentally erased everything out of my Itunes, off my Ipod, but somehow got it back, Good Riddance included.) Then about September or October, I was driving myself crazy because I could not remember what a song was, and that certain song was Holiday. I was disappointed that it was album only purchase, so I bought the musical version. After that, I got Wake Me Up When September Ends. For a while I had just those four songs, but then I started to go on YouTube to look up their stuff. I bought a few more songs, and finally in April, I worked up the courage to ask my mom to order an American Idiot CD off of Amazon (I conveniently "forgot" to tell her it had explicit content 8) ) Then fast forward from October 2010 and here we are today.

And that is all for day one!

Day 1-

It all started in math class. Since my ADHD always kicked-in in math, this other girl and I would always talk and joke around. She was a huge Green Day fan, and I remember she woud always bring up Green Day in ever conversation we had. So I would always be like,'' What's your favorite Green Day song?'' or ''How many Green Day songs can you think of at the top of your head?''. But for some reason I never actually listened to all the Green Day songs she sugested. Around that time, 21 guns and BOBD would always come up on the radio, and I would always sing along, although I still never really had the nerve to tune into any other Green Day songs. Until Finally, this one time at a UIL meet (academic competitions), this girl who I would sometimes talk to, lend me her i-pod while she went to go compete. So I went through her play list, and I remember listening to Homecoming and American Idiot, but I instantly and officially became hooked by listening to BOBD over and over. Ever since then, Green Day has helped me out through my up's and down's and has been always be my most favorite band of all time. :happy:

P.S- I remember that girl I would always talk to in math, one day came to school in these green Green Day shoelaces that had the faces of Billie, Mike, and Tre,and i could not stop laughing. I also remember she once said that she found out that Billie was married to this one girl named ''adrienne'' and she was all like,'' She's not even pretty!'', and'' It's not fair!''. But now she's a prep, and I bet she listens to ''skrillex'' and ''lil' wayne'' now.. :dry:

Day 1-

It all started in math class. Since my ADHD always kicked-in in math, this other girl and I would always talk and joke around. She was a huge Green Day fan, and I remember she woud always bring up Green Day in ever conversation we had. So I would always be like,'' What's your favorite Green Day song?'' or ''How many Green Day songs can you think of at the top of your head?''. But for some reason I never actually listened to all the Green Day songs she sugested. Around that time, 21 guns and BOBD would always come up on the radio, and I would always sing along, although I still never really had the nerve to tune into any other Green Day songs. Until Finally, this one time at a UIL meet (academic competitions), this girl who I would sometimes talk to, lend me her i-pod while she went to go compete. So I went through her play list, and I remember listening to Homecoming and American Idiot, but I instantly and officially became hooked by listening to BOBD over and over. Ever since then, Green Day has helped me out through my up's and down's and has been always be my most favorite band of all time. :happy:

P.S- I remember that girl I would always talk to in math, one day came to school in these green Green Day shoelaces that had the faces of Billie, Mike, and Tre,and i could not stop laughing. I also remember she once said that she found out that Billie was married to this one girl named ''adrienne'' and she was all like,'' She's not even pretty!'', and'' It's not fair!''. But now she's a prep, and I bet she listens to ''skrillex'' and ''lil' wayne'' now.. :dry:

XD Was she one of the fans who were convinced they were going to marry Billie

Day 1 ~ How did you get into Green Day?

I first got into green day i 1997 when i heard time of your life on the radio, I loved it as soon as i heard it yet i didn't know who the artist was that sang it until 2004 when American Idiot came out, I loved the album so much i bought every other green day album and realised quickly that the band that i loved now was the same band that sang my favourite song as a young boy. Now i cannot get enough of them!!! :D

but he is *fine* for his age... :eyebrows:

yeah, she was always like ,'' he's soooooo hot! everyone in the band is!''

Day 1: My older sister introduced them too me when I was 10. I've been stuck ever since :happy:

Day 1:

In 2003, I was only maybe 6 or 7 but I remember hearing Welcome To Paradise and really liking it, but I never found out who the band was. Then a little over a year later BOBD became a big hit and at my summer camp it was everyone's favorite song, and I liked a lot as well. In late 2005, a friend came over and randomly showed me the song American Idiot. In 2006, I somehow got American Idiot (the album) and played the record over and over again thousands of times. By this time I was a Green Day fan, but it wasn't until 2008 that I decided to actually look at their other albums ;) I discovered I loved older green day (As far back as 39/Smooth) perhaps even a little more than newer Green Day. Then 2009 happens, 21st Century Breakdown comes out, and I have all their albums. Today, I spend most of my time watching Green Day videos on YouTube, listening to their amazing discography, and collecting as many Bootlegs as possible! :)

One of my friends made Green Day valentine's day cards.

I already knew some of the singles from Dookie, American Idiot en 21st Century Breakdown and I kind of liked these but never really listened to all the other songs. Then in 2010 I went to Pinkpop festival in the Netherlands and Green Day was playing there. And I totally fell in love with the band on stage en all the songs they played. So still on the festival I decided to buy 21st century breakdown and when I came home I youtubed the rest of the albums and realized I kind of liked everything. Took me about half a year to find all the CD´s and now I can´t stop listening to them :happy:

Day 1: How did you get into Green Day?

Im 19 years old (On Wednesday), and I first remember hearing Green Day at the age of 9. My Stepdad had the Dookie album in his car and used to play it taking me to school every morning. Of course I was young and didn't really understand the lyrics or enjoy that kind of music, but as the CD was constantly played I began to listen and learn the lyrics even at such a young age. By the time I was 12, I already owned a Green Day T-Shirt and my Stepdad gave me Dookie as a gift.

I started this a while back, but I forgot about it after about 3 days, so I'm just going to start again:

Day 1: How did you get in to Green Day?

I was at a random birthday party in March 2005, and we were listening to American Idiot the entire time. I fell in love with songs like American Idiot, Holiday and Boulevard of Broken Dreams that day, and for a few days afterwards I was pestering my Mum, asking her if we could go out and buy the album. We ended up getting it, and I loved every single song. A couple of months after that, I got Dookie and International Superhits on the same day, and of course I loved all those songs as well. Then it just went from there, I'm fairly sure I then got Nimrod, Insomniac, Warning, 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, Shenanigans and Kerplunk, in that order. I can remember that there was a mysterious shortage of Kerplunk in stores around here for ages at one stage, and now you can get it everywhere :lol:

Well, it's technically a new day here now, so I may as well do Day 2:

Favourite band member?

Hmmm, it's kind of hard to choose, because I love different things about each of the guys, but I think that I will have to go with Billie Joe. He's the brains behind this band, and I think that he provides the band with a lot of the attitude that they have. Also just because he is so goofy and adorable in general :lol:

Day 3: Billie Joe, cause I even have the same hair style like him :lol: and I started playing guitar because of him but now I want to learn drums :P

Archived