Green Day 33 Day Challenge

GreenDayBillie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 2 ~ Favorite Green Day Band Member?

I don't really know if I have a favorite now, but when I first started listening to them it was Billie. It's always Billie.

Gonna do 3 too because I forgot it.

Day 3 ~ Which band member inspires you the most?

Kind of similar to 2. I don't really have a single member that inspires me the most, they all inspire me equally.

I started doing this on Facebook instead of on here. Mainly just because I find it easier to keep track of.

However, I suppose it couldn't hurt to share my responses with you guys.

Day 1: I got into Green Day when I was 9, shortly before the release of "American Idiot." I was cleaning my room, and I decided I needed some music to go along with it. I was looking through my parents' CD collection and I happened upon "International Superhits." As soon as Maria came on the stereo...it just totally overtook me. :)

Day 2: My favorite Green Day member is Billie Joe Armstrong. I know that seems incredibly generic, but I am also a guitarist/vocals/songwriter. Billie is such a great performer and I try my best to follow in his footsteps. If I am ever .1% the performer he is, I have done a great job in life.

Day 3: This question is slightly repetitive and useless. Billie Joe Armstrong inspires me the most, and it is because of how much I hope to be a performer like him someday. The way he commands an audience, and the way he sings about whatever the hell he wants. :)

Eh, why not do this?

Day 1 ~ How did you get into Green Day?

heard BOBD, Holiday and American Idiot on the radio, loved them all, then saw the AI video clip, and went out and bought the album shortly after.

Don't have one.

Well I'm a lyrics person, so you'd think Billie, but the lyrics would be nothing with the music (ie Mike and Tre), so that's impossible to answer...

Catching up...

Day 1 ~ How did you get into Green Day?

My ex had American Idiot on CD, loved listening to it. Bought 21st Century Breakdown when it came out, loved it too. Became a bit more of a hardcore fan in June of 2010, oddly, after having a dream about Billie. Bought all the previous CDs to American Idiot and love them as well :)

Billie

Hard to choose, but I think it's Tre. It's all about the way he plays. He blows me away. Makes me wish I'd taken up the drums. No other drummer has put that kind of interest in me.

Day 2: Who is your favourite band member?

I love them all, but if I really had to pick I would probably go with Billie Joe.

1 - I got a guitar for christmas 2009 and I took it to my cousins house so he could teach me something. I didn't have anything in particular that I wanted to learn, and so he asked me "Do you know Green Day?" I had never heard of them before so I said no. Then he told me that they used to be his favorite band when he was a teenager, and he still liked them a lot. Then he played Good Riddance for me on his guitar, but didnt teach me anything.

So when I was in the car driving home with my mom afterwards, I asked her if she knew who Green Day was. She said that she remembered when the Basket Case video was on MTV all the time and she hated it. She was absolutely disgusted by them because they had piercings and tattoos and they did drugs. And she said that their music sucked.

Then a couple days later, January 5th 2010 to be exact, I was on YouTube on my dads laptop. 21st Century Breakdown was a featured video, and since my cousin had mentioned Green Day before, I decided to check it out. The video was so cool, and the music was amazing, and the band members were attractive so I bought it, and I also decided to buy two more videos because I had an iTunes giftcard. I bought 21 Guns and Basket Case because they were the most popular. Then, since I didnt have any more money, I went on FrostWire and downloaded Welcome To Paradise, Redundant, Holiday, and Boulevard of Broken Dreams, just picking songs at random to download.

About a week later I downloaded the whole album of American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, and when I showed Horseshoes & Handgrenades to my mom, she took back what she said about hating them, and now she is a big fan too. And the rest his history...

Wow, I wrote a lot... :P

the easier answer would be Billie Joe because he's the one who writes most of the lyrics and those are the main source of inspiration to me. but Tre and Mike have also their own personal impact on me.

3 - Billie Joe inspires me the most. When i got into Green Day, he inspired me to learn the guitar and i still i am :D

Day 4)

If you have to choose between one, which bandmember would you meet and why?

Oh my god, this is impossible for me to answer. One day, I want to meet them all. I can't choose.

Green Day is a band. All the beautiful and unique music and words that come from them, it's a teamwork result. Without anyone of those three guys the band wouldn't be the same...all these words to say that I can't pick one of them, 'cause I love what they do TOGHETER :lol:

Day 3 - Wich band member inspires you the most?

Tré, because of all the insane stuff he's always doing :)

Day 4 ~ If you have to choose between one, which bandmember would you meet and why?

I.wanna.meet.all.of.them!and don't make me choose anymore,gosh.. :runaround:

Day 3 - Billie because he got me into playing a guitar and wanting to play other instruments.

3) Which member inspires me the most?

Tre because he inspired me to start playing the drums and if I can ever be half as good as him I will be happy!

Day 4: it's difficult to choose, I'd like to meet all of them. But I think I would go for Billie, he seems a nice man to talk with, and he is very inspirational.

3) Billie inspired me to play the guitar, keep on playing piano and his epic songs are inspiring me so much! :happy: Because of him I wasn´t so shy anymore and he kinda "told" me that I shouldn´t be scared to say no. I´m so glad that I´m listening to Green Day. :)

Archived