Green Day 33 Day Challenge

GreenDayBillie

Is today still day 1? Oh well

Day 1 ~ How did you get into Green Day?

It was 2004, I was 8/9 years old... I found Dookie in my older cousin's bedroom, the pic on the cover was so funny that I wanted to listen to it so bad and as soon as I heard Burnout, I was already in love with them :D

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1~ How did you get into Green Day?

I heard Know Your Enemy on the radio so I decided to do some research on the band... and wo-la! Here I am today

1) first song I heard was American Idiot then I brought the album and BAM I was hooked, Bullet in a Bible confirmed to me just how awesome they are!

Ugh,I missed 1st day :lol:,anywayz..

Ermm,it was about 3-4 years ago..My close friend was kinda of 'huge fan' and he send me trought MSN some gd song,I exactly remember what songs,haha,there was holiday,bobd,american idiot and basket case..I used to listen them alot,but nothing more that that.And then in time when 21stcb came out,I bought some magazine and there was a pretty big article that said 'everything' about them.Since then I got into Green Day :).

Day 2 ~ Favorite Green Day Band Member?

Don't have one.I love each of them in different kind of way.

Day 2 - Favorite Green Day Band Member?

I don't think I have one, they're all great in different ways. But maybe Tré is the one I love the most :)

1) Concidence. I searched for misheard lyrics videos on youtube and came across 'Holiday'. It sounded so familar and Billie Joe's voice fascinated me so I listened to more songs and started to love them :happy:

1 - My dad used to play Dookie and Nimrod for me when I was a baby to about 1st grade, but I never really knew who they were. Then in 3rd grade, American Idiot came out, and I started researching more about Green Day

1) I listened to BOBD and was looking for some other songs of the Band...

After some days I was totally addictet to Green Day

Day 1- 7 years and 2 months ago I was 10. My brother shown me the Basket Case and Longview music videos on the internet and I coudn't stop listening and watching them.

I heard Welcome to Paradise on the radio when I was about 8. Then when I really started to get into music (around 12ish), Welcome to Paradise, then Green Day were the first things I looked up.

2 - Don't have a favorite member. I love them all for different reasons. I love that they're weird, insane, pyscho...just like the rest of us :D

To catch up, this seems like a good idea 1 - When American Idiot came out you couldn't really miss it

2 - Mike Dirnt

Dammit, I first thought I was allowed to answer all questions right now. :mad::lol:

In late 2004 I heard American Idiot (the song, not the album) on the radio and loved it immediatly although I wasn't into punkrock or rock in general at that time. I got American Idiot (the album) for Christmas and I was hooked. Within a year or so I bought all the other albums and became totally obsessed with the band.

1) My friend sent me 21st Century Breakdown so that I can give it to my friend (she loves Little Girl ;)). I was bored, so I put it on my MP3 Player. See the Light was the song title that I liked the most from the album, so I listened to it and loved it. I checked the other albums out and I loved them, too! :P

Dammit, I first thought I was allowed to answer all questions right now. :mad::lol:

lol I did too and I got really excited...oh well.

lol I did too and I got really excited...oh well.

In late 2004 I heard American Idiot (the song, not the album) on the radio and loved it immediatly although I wasn't into punkrock or rock in general at that time. I got American Idiot (the album) for Christmas and I was hooked. Within a year or so I bought all the other albums and became totally obsessed with the band.

haha! I feel so mean right now :happy: haha

Archived