Green Day 33 Day Challenge

GreenDayBillie

It's simple, 33 Questions about Green Day, it's all about your opinion answer one question every day. Here they are:

Day 1 ~ How did you get into Green Day?

Day 2 ~ Favorite Green Day Band Member?

Day 3 ~ Which band member inspires you the most?

Day 4 ~ If you have to choose between one, which bandmember would you meet and why?

Day 5 ~ If you had the chance to ask Green Day something, what would you ask them?

Day 6 ~ Favorite quote from Billie Joe?

Day 7 ~ Favorite quote from Mike?

Day 8 ~ Favorite quote from Tré?

Day 9 ~ Favorite Green Day picture?

Day 10 ~ Favorite Billie Joe picture?

Day 11 ~ Favorite Mike picture?

Day 12 ~ Favorite Tré picture?

Day 13 ~ Favorite song?

Day 14 ~ Which song describes you the most?

Day 15 ~ Favorite Green Day lyric?

Day 16 ~ Favorite Album?

Day 17 ~ Favorite song from 39/Smooth?

Day 18 ~ Favorite song from Kerplunk?

Day 19 ~ Favorite song from Dookie?

Day 20 ~ Favorite song from Insomniac?

Day 21 ~ Favorite song from Nimrod?

Day 22 ~ Favorite song from Warning?

Day 23 ~ Favorite song from Shenanigans?

Day 24 ~ Favorite song from International SuperHits?

Day 25 ~ Favorite song from American Idiot?

Day 26 ~ Favorite song from Bullet In A Bible?

Day 27 ~ Favorite song from 21st Century Breakdown?

Day 28 ~ Favorite song from Awesome As Fuck?

Day 29 ~ What’s a song you always listen to when you’re sad?

Day 30 ~ What’s a song you always listen to when you’re happy?

Day 31 ~ Which videoclip do you like the most?

Day 32 ~ Favorite piece of Green Day merch that you own?

Day 33 ~ Rage or Love to this 33 Day Challenge?

I'm Doing this on Twitter as well, my twitter username is @Juliarmstrongg, feel free to add and mention me!

oh and by the way, You can start it whenever you want, so when you see this post a few days after it's posted, you can just start with day 1;-)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, yay! A time killer! :D

1) My dad's ex-friend suggested them for my dad. My dad never bothered to check them out, but I did. :happy:

1- Sitting in a dance club one night waaaaaaaay back then and suddenly 'Basket Case' starts to play. My first reaction was wtf?!? followed rather quickly by me going to the deejay and asking who the hell that was. I just remember being blown away...it sounded so different than anything I'd ever heard before and I've been hooked since :D

1 - I was watching tv one morning before going to school...and i usually watch my music channels lol. I came across BOBD on Kerrang! and the chorus just got me hooked on the song. i just fell in love with it. Then i started listening to their other songs and have been a fan since :D

1. I heard wake me up when september ends on the radio and then I started to look after more music from them. I think it was about 5 years ago :)

I heard Good Riddance play at school as one of our nominated graduation songs. :lol: That was the first time I've ever heard Green Day. From then it was Boulevard, Wake Me Up, then 21 Guns that really got me into 'em. :happy:

Day 1) my dad had Dookie (but never bothered to listen to it), he gave it to me and told me to listen to it

I first heard American Idiot on the radio when I was like 6 and I really liked it.

I then got Bullet In A Bible for Christmas the next year, and lo and behold, a green day addict was born.

1- I was in Hot Topic with a bunch of friends and 21st Century Breakdown had just came out so they were advirtising Green Day merch in the window. I had heard of Green Day but never really knew what songs they sung, so I went and bought 21CB and fell in love. But I never realized how much I liked them until I heard all their older albums.

This looks fun.

My brother owned Dookie, Insomniac and Nimrod so I listened to them quite a bit. I always listened to whatever ones I could find and when I found those three I knew I loved Green Day. He gave me his copy of Insomniac for Christmas and I bought American Idiot when it came out.

I heard "Weird Al'' Yankovic singing Canadian Idiot and just HAD to figure out what song he was parodying...when I heard American Idiot...well INSTANTLY HOOKED!!!

Interesting!

My brother used to play Dookie all the time back in the '90s...

1) I got into Green Day because of my dad. One year for christmas i got an MP3 player so my dad helped me put songs on it. He played some songs that he had, and then i would tell him which ones sounded cool. 2 that i thought were really cool were Blvd of Broken Dreams and Holiday (That or WMUWSE) I had like 15 songs but those were the only ones i would listen to. I even remember asking my dad why it skipped kinda in the middle ( It was a clean version xD ) Ever since then i have been in LOOOOVE :D They really have changed my life:)

1. I was watching cartoons (The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show. Yo. And yeah, it was so memorable i can remember the tv show.) then a commercial for some band and i reaaallllyyy liked the preview of the album (they played a snippet of the song american idiot) so i asked my dad to download some songs for me, and i really loved the music, then about 2 months later i bought american idiot.

I heard "Weird Al'' Yankovic singing Canadian Idiot and just HAD to figure out what song he was parodying...when I heard American Idiot...well INSTANTLY HOOKED!!!

NO WAY!!! Same exact way for me!!!!!

Day 1 - How did you get into Green Day?

The first time I heard Green Day was probably when I was 7 when American Idiot was released. I can remember liking the songs. I was still too young to get fully into any band. When 21st Century Breakdown was released, that's when I really got into them. When I first heard Know Your Enemy, I instantly loved it and then I heard 21 Guns and fell in love with Green Day even more. Then I started to listen to some of the older stuff and I thought I was great. And 2 1/2 years later, I still love the band.

Isn't this similar to the actual forum? I mean, for every question there's a thread, for example the one about how you got into Green Day, or the favorite picture ones :lol:

Anyway, I can't remember clearly when I first heard a Green Day song, it might've been When I Come Around on tv. A year later I had an English assignment at school about BOBD's lyrics, then later I saw the Saints are Coming on tv etc etc etc. The more I listened to the songs/watched music videos, the more I loved the band. And I still do.

Day 1)

How did you get into Green Day?

The first song I heard was Basket Case. My dad played it out to me so that I can fall asleep when I was a little child. Maybe I was too young to realize everything. I always knew about them but it took some time until I really got into them. Step by step.. :)

one in every day. that's gonna take long !!

my cousin told me about them, that's it.

Day 2 ~ Favorite Green Day Band Member?

Mike Dirnt FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO WAY!!! Same exact way for me!!!!!

Flipping awesome!!!

Oh, I love these 30 (or 33) Day challenges

I've been told that when I was 6 or 7 I enjoyed listening to Green Day with my older cousins (they were 17 at the time), but of course I can't remember much. I officially got into them a few months before American Idiot was released, probably thanks to Boulevard of Broken Dreams, I don't know. My past is a blur, thank you very much memory :lol:

Day 2)

Favorite Green Day Band Member?

Oh no. I hate questions like these and I can't choose! :pinch:

They are awesome in their very own way and I love them the way they are.

They're all my favorites. No doubt.

i'm not sure i can actually manage to keep it up but oh well

sometime in 2004 I caught one of their videos on tv. the day after i bought american idiot. and by the end of the week i had the whole discography.

Archived