SotW Nominations and Archive

pasalaska

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go with Do Da Da. Shenanigans needs more respect as it didn't have any real singles released and they never play any of it's songs live. Also, love that it should have been called Stuck With Me but they had already named a song that by mistake!

I also go with Basket Case. I love that song plus its anniversary is coming, so why not do something special for it? :)

I have really been loving Scattered lately. Some of my favorite lyrics of all time and some awesome harmonies. They played it live when I saw them in Massachussetts and it was incredible :)

^ Static Age has already been sotw.

I haven't listen to this in a while: In The End. 'Cause in the end, is a great choice, you know? :) ha

can we also nominate songs that weren't already on an album? :D cos then i'd nominate Carpe Diem

It's a great song and has an awesome message (like Billie said: "It's about fucking being alive - every single one of us !!")

and i still love it how this newbe understood Carpet Diet :lol: that made the song even better !! :lol:

It's been months since we last chose a song from 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours... I guess it's time to revive a song from that terrific record :D I suggest At The Library.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to work in 15 mins. While working those 6.5 hours, I expect copious amounts of well-thought-out nominations to fill this thread.

Don't spam. Don't gimme a nomination without an explanation.

thanks, lovelies :D

I'd say Extraordinary Girl. Hopefully it hasn't been already choosen once, I didn't find it on the first page :) Why? Pretty much only because I've followed the "The one GD song you can't stand from each album" - thread a bit and a lot of people mentioned Extraordinary Girl as their least favorite song from American Idiot. I've been wondering why. There were a few explanations but I think it would be nice to hear some more opinions about this song :)

as we're going back to school I think longview would be a good song, because high school is so dawn bored that I go mad XD

as we're going back to school I think longview would be a good song, because high school is so dawn bored that I go mad XD

I think Longview is a good song to pick too. Just about everyone can relate to this song in many ways including me.

Yeah i vote Longview just because for the past couple of days I have been bored as hell. Im still on break and none of my friends are hanging out or "no ones calling" and there is really "nothing on" the tube. So I have been bored as bored can get, plus I go back to school in a couple days and i agree with everyone else on how boring school is.

Longview it is for me
:D

kay...i vote for Longview, too...it's an awesome song and the meaning fits atm...and yeah...since everyone has to go to school tomorrow and school's soooo boring, i'd say it perfectly fits ;)

(If I checked the previous SotW list right) I nominate for next week No One Knows, as the 20th birthday of Kerplunk! is coming, and we must celebrate it with dignity :D

It's a wonderful song off of the album, and I've always found it very deep and meaningful. I also think it fits this time, with all those new album rumours going around...but at the end, no one knows, apart from those three guys! :lol:

Archived