"American Idiot" Musical Tour

plaid ducky

I bet you are so excited like I am! For me it was down to the "wire". I only have one week to decide what to wear!

Thanks again Mar! Yes his accent is.... :lol: I'll try to take some pics and post here if I'm not to preoccupied!

I don't even have a clue what to wear!!!

• Like 1

Just don't dress like you're going to a Green Day concert? I suggest to wear something classy yet edgy? I know I'm not wearing my GD red and black striped skinny jeans like I did to the concert. It's such a different venue than a concert. I have no idea what to wear either.

'American Idiot': Before Alabama shows, punk-rock Broadway musical's lead actor talks on-set graffiti, reading reviews, post-show drinks

When reached for this phone interview, Nepute, whose last name is Italian and rhymes with "cutie," was doing some mid-tour shopping at a Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. Target store.

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/04/american_idiot_before_huntsvil.html

Regarding the dress conversation, I think you could actually wear concert wear. A lot of people did when I saw the show (especially those that wore their AI or GD shirts), but I mean, you wouldn't look out of place wearing business casual or a not-super dressy outfit. You won't be looked down upon for wearing jeans and a T-shirt, especially if it fits in with the aesthetic of the show. I wore the clothes I normally wear to work and my friends wore not-ratty jeans/pants, Chucks and their GD/AI shirts, and I don't think either look was too nice or not nice enough, respectfully.

Brain Stew - American Idiot Encore in Seoul, Korea

Published on Mar 19, 2014

Here is the American Idiot 2012/13 cast and band doing a one time encore performance of Brain Stew for our final performance in Seoul Korea. Great way to finished an incredible tour playing an incredible show!

So I found out idiot next life. Shenandoah Conservatory in Virgina will have the College premier of idiot in the Fall

Glad to hear idiot will still live after may.

• Like 1

Johnny Newcomb, one of the swings on this tour, had his final performance tonight. He'll be joining former Idiot alums Alyssa DiPalma and Michael Esper in Sting's new musical "The Last Ship" on Broadway!

• Like 1

I saw the show for the first time in Cleveland tonight. It was incredible. There were a few things that were messed up (missed cues only twice and one person didn't come in to sing his line or as my mom called it "awkward silence") and that some of the lyrics were changed (probably to tell the story clearer). Other than that I was in the 4th row and it was awesome!! Watching Broadway Idiot the day before made the story a lot clearer.

• Like 1

Johanna McKeon, the associate director of “American Idiot,” took time from her current duties as associate director of Broadway’s just-opened “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” to discuss the soul of “Idiot.”

Q: It’s probably pretty common that some people might leave during the show because they aren’t expecting something so rock ‘n’ roll. What do you think is the best way to describe it?

A: It is a coming-of-age story about a young man trying to find meaning in his life with a highly maximized physical production with the requirements that a pounding, ferocious rock ‘n’ roll score demands. There must be five times more lighting cues in this show than any other touring shows right now. But I know there’s something for everybody in this show, I’ve seen it happen. (When it was on Broadway), the ladies who lunch would come on Wednesday afternoon with their shopping bags and loved the show. The teenagers with blue hair dragging their parents in from New Jersey loved it. There’s a great many universal truths about growing up and sobering up. There’s a lot of wisdom and morality that’s espoused. If people come in expecting it to be loud and in your face and release themselves into that experience, there’s a huge amount to be gained from the story.

Q: What I liked about the show was that even though it uses Green Day’s songs to tell the story, I don’t think it’s a jukebox musical. I’ve heard others disagree. What’s your take?

A: When the Who decided to begin experimenting with long form songs, they wondered what would happen, and what they found out is that a longer song has more of a beginning, middle and end. When they wrote “Tommy,” they realized they were writing a story and it’s a rock opera. Billie Joe was deeply influenced by “Tommy,” and he wrote “American Idiot” as a passionately and politically felt reaction to the country’s decline and over-simplification following 9/11. What he created in “American Idiot” wasn’t a collection of hits; he was writing an entire narrative. “American Idiot” had a very clear point of view from the beginning. It defies all definitions of jukebox musicals.

Q: You’re doing a lot of one-off shows in smaller markets. How is it accepted there compared to the bigger cities?

A: I’ve been at some of the smaller market shows, and honestly some of them are some of the more exciting performances because we hadn’t been there yet. We even played Peoria, and they were so hungry for it. You never know where the audience is going to go insane for the show. We were well-received in Austin and Dallas, but there were some smaller cities in Texas where people walked out. It’s a left-leaning show and there are a lot of things that happen inside the show that have potentially negative resonance for how a religious audience might see it. The show is about being out in the middle of a strip mall in the middle of suburban America. The punk rock tradition is highly intellectual traditionally, and it’s nice to go out to a town with chain restaurants and tons of concrete and question the validity of what that’s doing to the youth of America. This show is very intelligent and doesn’t pull punches.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/weblogs/atlanta-music-scene/2014/apr/29/green-days-american-idiot-will-bring-heart-rock-n-/

AMERICAN IDIOT Announces Lottery Policy for Hollywood Pantages Run

Hollywood Pantages Theatre has announced a lottery ticket policy for Green Day's AMERICAN IDIOT, which returns to L.A. for a limited one week engagement; May 13 - 18, 2014.

The production will conduct a pre-show lottery at the box office, making a limited number of tickets available at $25 apiece; cash only. This lottery will be held prior to every performance. Entries will be accepted at the box office beginning two and a half hours prior to each performance; each person will print their name and the number of tickets (1 or 2) they wish to purchase on a card that is provided. Two hours before curtain, names will be drawn at random for a limited number of tickets priced at $25 each; cash only. Only one entry is allowed per person. Cards are checked for duplication prior to drawing. Winners must be present at the time of the drawing and show valid ID to purchase tickets. Limit one entry per person and two tickets per winner. Tickets are subject to availability. For more information, please visit www.HollywoodPantages.com/Lottery.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/los-angeles/article/AMERICAN-IDIOT-Announces-Lottery-Policy-for-Hollywood-Pantages-Run-20140501#.U2V7ulfRZjJ